Author Topic: My 3 phase project  (Read 181638 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: My 3 phase project
« Reply #375 on: June 07, 2011, 10:45:47 PM »
Over the past week and a half or so, I was training arms and delts every 48 hours, on the following split: ARMS/DELTS repeat. Well, it's just too often for them, so now I'll switch back to the folllowing split: BIS/TRIS/DELTS, also I will try and train legs every 6 days, on the second DELT training session. I have NEVER, EVER trained legs for more than 2 months straight, as that seems to be my cut-off point for them lol

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #376 on: June 08, 2011, 05:55:03 AM »
Over the past week and a half or so, I was training arms and delts every 48 hours, on the following split: ARMS/DELTS repeat. Well, it's just too often for them, so now I'll switch back to the folllowing split: BIS/TRIS/DELTS, also I will try and train legs every 6 days, on the second DELT training session. I have NEVER, EVER trained legs for more than 2 months straight, as that seems to be my cut-off point for them lol

Do you have any clue what you're doing ???

....no shit arms and delts every 48 hrs is to often ::)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #377 on: June 08, 2011, 07:15:35 AM »

Do you have any clue what you're doing ???

....no shit arms and delts every 48 hrs is to often ::)

Vaguely... And here is god's split:

"i suggest following routine: monday-arms/tuesday-legs/wed off/thursday-back/friday-chest and shoulders/ sat-sun off"

And quite honestly I think that it's probably almost perfect, but the thing is I absolutely refuse to train legs regularly and consistently, it just ain't gonna happen with me, I'm just being honest here... I've never ever been able to train my legs for much more than 6 week straight :-X

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #378 on: June 08, 2011, 07:20:36 AM »
Vaguely... And here is god's split:

"i suggest following routine: monday-arms/tuesday-legs/wed off/thursday-back/friday-chest and shoulders/ sat-sun off"

And quite honestly I think that it's probably almost perfect, but the thing is I absolutely refuse to train legs regularly and consistently, it just ain't gonna happen with me, I'm just being honest here... I've never ever been able to train my legs for much more than 6 week straight :-X

Much better routine....try different stuff for legs if you hate doing them.

....try a different leg workout everytime time you do them.that should help you not get bored.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #379 on: June 08, 2011, 07:29:55 AM »

Much better routine....try different stuff for legs if you hate doing them.

....try a different leg workout everytime time you do them.that should help you not get bored.

Thanks man, I can try and give that a go. Also, I guess that I gotta kinda humble myself and admit that "diet" plays a bigger role than I wanted to believe. I know that god recommends 150-200 grams of protien per day for a natural trainer, and he also says that naturals can't diegest and utalize much more than 30 grams per meal, so basically that means 5 or 6 meals per day. I have any easy time geting 4 meals a day, and in fact that's the norm for me. But maybe I should try and make it 5 a day with 30-40 protein grams per meal?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #380 on: June 08, 2011, 08:48:00 AM »
Thanks man, I can try and give that a go. Also, I guess that I gotta kinda humble myself and admit that "diet" plays a bigger role than I wanted to believe. I know that god recommends 150-200 grams of protien per day for a natural trainer, and he also says that naturals can't diegest and utalize much more than 30 grams per meal, so basically that means 5 or 6 meals per day. I have any easy time geting 4 meals a day, and in fact that's the norm for me. But maybe I should try and make it 5 a day with 30-40 protein grams per meal?

4 meals a day is fine if you're not trying to get bigger.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #381 on: June 08, 2011, 05:57:39 PM »
I used to hate training legs too and after keeping at it for years they are my favorite workout (but are still pretty skinny =\ ).

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #382 on: June 09, 2011, 12:30:15 AM »
I used to hate training legs too and after keeping at it for years they are my favorite workout (but are still pretty skinny =\ ).

My only motivation nowadays to train legs is coz I know that ladies love having a nice round ass to grab and squeeze on :P And that really is the only reason why I would be motivated to train them regularly and consistently. Years ago, before my 2 knee injuries, I would train legs to improve my athletic performance (speed and jumping ability) but since that's all behind me now, this reason exists no more.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #383 on: June 09, 2011, 08:49:13 AM »
I've been thinking about climbing the stairs with a weighted backpack. As of now I do the stair climbing 2 or 3 times a week for 12-15 minutes a pop, and it's with a moderate effort. So if I would start with 10 or 20 pounds in my backpack that would take the intensity up a notch or two while simultaneously training my legs.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #384 on: June 09, 2011, 01:33:52 PM »
I just got a new mobile with a decent and properly functioning camera, so I'll post some arm update pics before June 15th. And I may even post a quad shot as well, my good quad not the mangeled one :P Also I need to confess something here, I was wrong with this "TRAINING>diet FACT" mantra that I was spouting off about. What I've learned and/or "remembered" is that they are nearly equal components as far as gaining muscle is concerned. I'm not talking a clean diet here, I'm talking about taking in enough protein and calories to support muscle growth. My diet now is mainly eggs, cheese, beef soup, gummi bears, powerade and coca-cola, and I'd say my cals are around 2500-3000 daily and my protein intake is roughly 150-175 grams per day.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #385 on: June 10, 2011, 11:00:52 AM »
I just got a new mobile with a decent and properly functioning camera, so I'll post some arm update pics before June 15th. And I may even post a quad shot as well, my good quad not the mangeled one :P Also I need to confess something here, I was wrong with this "TRAINING>diet FACT" mantra that I was spouting off about. What I've learned and/or "remembered" is that they are nearly equal components as far as gaining muscle is concerned. I'm not talking a clean diet here, I'm talking about taking in enough protein and calories to support muscle growth. My diet now is mainly eggs, cheese, beef soup, gummi bears, powerade and coca-cola, and I'd say my cals are around 2500-3000 daily and my protein intake is roughly 150-175 grams per day.

Why gummi bears and Coke....empty calories? I assume powerade is similar to Gatorade which does help replace electrolytes.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #386 on: June 10, 2011, 11:22:48 AM »
Why gummi bears and Coke....empty calories? I assume powerade is similar to Gatorade which does help replace electrolytes.

My reason for eating them is to make sure that I take in adaquate carbs. Yeah, I could eat pasta, rice, or fruits for the carbs, but gummi bears and cola require absolutely no preperation ;D I am incredibly lazy, and I prefer the easy way out as far a meal prep is concerned lol That's also why I eat alot of cheese and raw eggs mixed with milk for my protien sources, again zero preperation ;D I need to find a sweet woman to prepare my meals for me, but I really can't seem to hold on to one coz once they really get to know me they usually just fly away ROFL! The photos should be up tomorrow, as I've got a bi shot and a quad shot that I will post. And don't worry, this time they will be right-side up :P

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #387 on: June 11, 2011, 11:28:00 AM »
I need to find a sweet woman to prepare my meals for me, but I really can't seem to hold on to one coz once they really get to know me they usually just fly away ROFL!

Good to see you have a sense of humor about yourself.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #388 on: June 11, 2011, 07:46:36 PM »
Not training legs = not training!!

C`mon bro,get serious.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #389 on: June 11, 2011, 11:45:23 PM »
Allright, here are the arm update pics, and they are up a little over a half inch. As you can see, there is also a brutal leg pic there as well ;D I'm not sure how much weight I've put on, since I don't own a weight scale. But I am sure that my arms have increased a bit over a half inch on each arm, and that my waist is up almost 1 inch as well. I don't really think that I'm much fatter, I just think that the increased waist size is due to what Blakely used to call "food in the gut". Basically I'm a bloated toad from eating 5 goddamn meals a day. Yeah this "diet" shit has got my head all fucked up now, and I really believe that my waist would shrink back down if I cut back my meals from 5 a day to 3 a day.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #390 on: June 12, 2011, 01:05:11 AM »
Epic overanalysing and not enough basic hard work.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #391 on: June 12, 2011, 01:34:06 AM »
Epic overanalysing and not enough basic hard work.

Maybe so... But my arms are bigger, and that's my main goal at the moment.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #392 on: June 12, 2011, 05:54:17 AM »
By the way, I'm thinking bout really paying attention to my "diet" and see if it can make a better difference. I need to establish macro nutrient minimums first and from there I can formulate this new "diet". As of now, I'm thinking that the bare minimum per macro would be something like this:

1. Protein: 1 gram per pound of bodyweight

2. Carbs: 100 grams minimum.

3. Fats: 50 grams minimum.

If I follow those guidelines, then that would be a minimum of about 1000 cals daily. I can do this, as I was able to make it on 500-700 cals for weeks and weeks. I gotta think about this more deeply, but if anyone has any suggestions I'm willing to take a listen. I'm not so goddamn stubborn about "diet" as I am about training, so I will be more open to suggestion. I'm also familiar with the idea that uses bodyweight as an indicator of calorie intake, and it looked something like this:

1. For maximum fatloss consume bodyweight*10 for daily cal intake.

2. For simultaneously losing fat and gaining muscle consume bodyweight*12

3. For only gaining muscle consume bodyweight*15

And lastly, since I train on a 3-way split as follows: Bis/Tris/Traps alternate with Legs I can also follow a 3 day "cycle diet" as follows: lo-cals on Bi and Tri day, and high cals on Trap/Leg day. The high cals on Trap/Leg day would fuel me up for the Bi and Tri days, as they are MUCH, MUCH MORE IMPORTANT for me than the Trap/Leg day. Let's see if I can actually keep up this Leg training lol In fact, tomorrow will be Leg day.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #393 on: June 12, 2011, 07:40:59 AM »
Ok, here's the "diet" on low-cal days:

Break: 8 oz of cheese
         coffee with milk and sugar

Lunch (post-wokout meal): beef soup
                                     powerade

Dinner: 4 eggs mixed into 8 oz of 2% milk

Total Cals: Roughly 2000                      Total Protein: roughly 125 grams

So I'll hit this "diet" 2 days in a row, and then on the 3rd day I'll eat 5 meals with bout 3,000 cals and 175 grams of protein.

Let's see if I can simutaneously gain muscle while losing fat

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #394 on: June 12, 2011, 11:34:59 AM »
Maybe so... But my arms are bigger, and that's my main goal at the moment.

Good work bro., your arms will be a whole 15 inches soon  ::)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #395 on: June 12, 2011, 03:08:32 PM »
Atrocious diet my friend.

Do some research please for your trainings sake........why waste time and energy?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #396 on: June 12, 2011, 06:08:58 PM »

Do some research please for your trainings sake........why waste time and energy?

Dj is an idiot. He adopts a new training philosophy every 15 minutes...none of which include training  legs.

All just to make his arms a little bigger....he's an insult to serious trainers.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #397 on: June 13, 2011, 01:21:05 AM »
:(

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #398 on: June 13, 2011, 01:58:12 AM »

You're ok in my book wes, so I'm not gonna talk any shit to ya, so we can just agree to disagree as far as "diet" is concerned. Remember, I am stubborn as fuck when it comes to listening to others or taking orders. IMO, the only reason to clean my current diet up would be for health reasons, and even dental heath, as it's common knowledge that such an intake of sugar ain't too good for the teeth. But as far as performance and vanity purposes are concerned, simple carbs aren't that bad. In fact in my studies at The Ohio State University I took some exercise science courses, and the director of the program taught a course that I took, and he basically said that a coca-cola is just as good as pasta or potatoes to replenish carb stores. I know from my own personal experience that I need at least 100 carb grams daily to function normally. And as far as protein goes, this dude right here taught me that 100 grams is all you need. I'll admit that protein intake has got me a little confused (ie I'm not absolutely sure about it), but I have found out that 30-40 grams per day is definitely too low. This dude, JM Blakely says be sure and get a minimum of 100 grams daily, and god says take in 150-200 grams daily.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #399 on: June 13, 2011, 04:02:37 AM »
I'm seriously thinking bout doing bp meets once again, coz I fully realize that I'll NEVER be massive (ie my wrists measure 6.25 inches) and I fully realize and accept god's natural limits for me 165 6-7% or 180 sub-10 These weight limits give me the possibilty to compete in the 48s or the 65s. It's possible to lose up to 10% bodyweight in under 24 hours without health risks, but I think it's a bit wiser and safer to keep it at not more than 8% bodyweight loss. So staying within those ranges (8% max loss over 24 hours) I can weigh up to bout 160 and still make the 48s or bout 180 to make the 65s. Who knows, maybe I'lll even end up doing full meets with the squat and pull lol Nah, dat ain't gonna happen ;D But I could try some push/pull meets, I suppose. We will see...