Author Topic: Vic Martinez - The man who opened a gym. And another one. See page 3 for updates  (Read 11431 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: V Martinez - Opening a new Gym
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2006, 09:05:19 PM »
I'm in for a 6-month membership as long as I get a good price on weed. ;)

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2006, 09:14:44 PM »
New MD says he's out of the gym biz? ???

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2006, 09:20:05 PM »
New MD says he's out of the gym biz? ???

What's the rundown mate?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2006, 09:23:46 PM »
kinda weird, but you're an ifbb pro with a contract...

What kind of 'contract'?

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2006, 09:31:04 PM »
What's the rundown mate?

YIP
Zack
In his column he was asked if he was going to open another gym and he said he was through with it. Lost too much on his last venture and gave him a lot of stress.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2006, 09:44:38 PM »
In his column he was asked if he was going to open another gym and he said he was through with it. Lost too much on his last venture and gave him a lot of stress.

He's lying, he knows very well that the Olympia title is not anywhere in his immediate grasp, but lifetime gym memberships are easy money..

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2006, 10:23:34 AM »
well, he never did anything wrong to me and I dont know his side of the story.

UM YEAH...And Charles Manson didn't kill the other 2 MILLION people in Los Angeles, but ask those family members of those he did kill whether he was a nice guy? Maybe we should interview Manson and get his side of the story
C

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2006, 10:34:53 AM »
I'd like to pre-pay for the first 5 years, just so I don't have to worry about making payments each month.

Nothing like a sound investment!!!

hahaha if he ever did that to me I would go over his new gym and demand my money back and then proceed to give him an asskicking of a lifetime!
just push some weight!

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
I hope everybody got their refund.
Get Big, or Die Trying

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2006, 11:13:28 AM »
I hate when fanboys say things like "Vic was always nice to me."  No one is accusing Vic of being a nasty guy. In fact, he is a "nice" guy.  He'll say hi to you, take a picture with you, shake hands, even give you the man-hug that's so popular these days. WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH RIPPING PEOPLE OFF??

I guess it depends on your definition of nice. I think everyone who's met Kamali would say he's a nice guy too, but he has a lot more detractors on this board than Vic does and Kamali's never ripped anyone off or done time in the slammer.

You can't open a gym in Manhattan (real Manhattan below 125th street, not Washington Heights which is crack central) these days and expect hardcore lifters to be your bread and butter.  Don't know any hardcore lifters who can afford Manhattan rents (about $2500/mo for a 1BR)...usually you need a real job to be able to afford that kinda change. So you're talking about the B&Ters who live in Jersey, Brooklyn and da Bronx paying $600/mo rent to come to the hardcore gyms and they can't afford $1500/year memberships they charge at Equinox and LA Sports Club or even New York Sports Club.

Bottom Line: Expect the next gym to be yet another money-laundering, drug-dealing venture solely designed to hide illegally obtained income from the IRS and caring absolutely nothing about the suckers that pony up the cash to join.

By the way, if you got stuck with a useless membership at Vic's old gym, you can file a complaint with the Attorney general and the Dept of Consumer Affairs. All gyms are required to post a bond with the secretary of state and if they go out of business, you can make a claim for lost dues.

Special "Caveat Emptor" Ed

WOW IT IS ALWAYS AMAZING TO ME TO HEAR PEOPLE TALK ABOUT NEW YORK AND THEY DON'T EVEN LIVE THERE

Last time I checked Manhattan went from Battery Park to 225th street. Manhattan doesn't begin or stop at  or below 125th street...the most expensive real estate is now from 96th street to Inwood. While Vic may have closed his gym in his CREEP FASHION, he is by far not the only one to do so...and certainly the VAST MAJORITY  of gyms that close and rip its members off are in Chelsea, the Village, East and West side where memberships are a grand or more. So far as a drug laundering facility...every single gym that opens..I don't care who and where they are..are fronts for drug laundering or money launderring. Gyms inherently do not raise enough money to survive and therefore must have a secret side operation to survive or it has to be a part of a large profitable business. So far as drugs go in any community...no community outdoes Midtown, the Upper east and west side and let us not even talk about the Chelsea, So Ho, Village Battery Park areas...sheesh. Children born in those areas are slapped on the ass and immediately given a line of coke to inhale...adults have never known a sober day in those areas. Forgeddahboutit. So far as claims to the attorney general goes...that only applies if the gym has placed a bond on itself to cover themselves and two that only applies to members who have purchased TWO OR MORE YEARS of membership at one time....something gyms do not do.
C

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2006, 12:05:16 PM »
WOW IT IS ALWAYS AMAZING TO ME TO HEAR PEOPLE TALK ABOUT NEW YORK AND THEY DON'T EVEN LIVE THERE

Last time I checked Manhattan went from Battery Park to 225th street. Manhattan doesn't begin or stop at  or below 125th street...the most expensive real estate is now from 96th street to Inwood. While Vic may have closed his gym in his CREEP FASHION, he is by far not the only one to do so...and certainly the VAST MAJORITY  of gyms that close and rip its members off are in Chelsea, the Village, East and West side where memberships are a grand or more. So far as a drug laundering facility...every single gym that opens..I don't care who and where they are..are fronts for drug laundering or money launderring. Gyms inherently do not raise enough money to survive and therefore must have a secret side operation to survive or it has to be a part of a large profitable business. So far as drugs go in any community...no community outdoes Midtown, the Upper east and west side and let us not even talk about the Chelsea, So Ho, Village Battery Park areas...sheesh. Children born in those areas are slapped on the ass and immediately given a line of coke to inhale...adults have never known a sober day in those areas. Forgeddahboutit. So far as claims to the attorney general goes...that only applies if the gym has placed a bond on itself to cover themselves and two that only applies to members who have purchased TWO OR MORE YEARS of membership at one time....something gyms do not do.

I doubt Bonham's Power Plant needs any side operation.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

newmom

« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2006, 07:58:33 PM »
ok seeing I live in the lower east side...i can yap my gums...samson i agree about the gyms but the drug use for kids is a bit overstated...

UGMT

• Getbig II
  • Fortune favors the bold...
Hey I was just wondering if anybody in manhattan had checked out the new powerhouse on 42nd street? Im in gramercy and im in desperate need of a real gym these NYSCs are killing me lol

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2006, 08:41:56 PM »

Last time I checked Manhattan went from Battery Park to 225th street. Manhattan doesn't begin or stop at  or below 125th street...the most expensive real estate is now from 96th street to Inwood.
[/quote]
My quote was real manhattan wiseguy and your statement about "the most expensive real estate" is a joke. 96th to Inwood may be a hot market, but it can't compare to real Manhattan prices. Obviously you're a renter in a rent-stabilized apartment. If you ever decide to buy, you can get a brownstone in Washington Heights for $500,000 or the same one in midtown for $5M.

I live here and I'm a real estate agent. So there.

Special "HPD Action" Ed

BigNationRadio.com

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2006, 09:58:27 PM »

Last time I checked Manhattan went from Battery Park to 225th street. Manhattan doesn't begin or stop at  or below 125th street...the most expensive real estate is now from 96th street to Inwood.

My quote was real manhattan wiseguy and your statement about "the most expensive real estate" is a joke. 96th to Inwood may be a hot market, but it can't compare to real Manhattan prices. Obviously you're a renter in a rent-stabilized apartment. If you ever decide to buy, you can get a brownstone in Washington Heights for $500,000 or the same one in midtown for $5M.

Special "HPD Action" Ed

I used to live on W82nd. I fled to the burbs in 98 fvck Manhattan

newmom

« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2006, 07:15:07 AM »
ok im looking for a 2 bedroom in williamsburg area or any part in bklyn except bayridge, carnasie and bedstuy

Special "HPD Action" Ed

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2006, 11:16:02 PM »
ok im looking for a 2 bedroom in williamsburg area or any part in bklyn except bayridge, carnasie and bedstuy
Red Hook is where its at. Williamsburg is overpriced. Try Ft Greene or Carroll Gardens.

Special "DUMBO" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2006, 11:27:53 PM »
he gave me advice on stiff legged deadlifts one time
hahaha! oh brother ::)

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2006, 01:48:30 AM »

I lived in the Lower East side for 6 months, Chelsea for a year, then Washington Heights for 2 years.  Worked in the Reuters Building in Times Square.  Had enough and moved back to LA.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2006, 04:30:48 AM »

Special "HPD Action" Ed

gee ed i'd love to find a few single familys for 500 in washington heights.  pm me your company.  thanks.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
I see you still like to stalk me Super. It's okay. I hope I made your day.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2006, 10:48:04 AM »
gee ed i'd love to find a few single familys for 500 in washington heights.  pm me your company.  thanks.
Send me a copy of your W-2 and bank statement so I can pre-qualify you.

SpecialEds@hotmail.com
BigNationRadio.com

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2006, 03:40:49 PM »
Send me a copy of your W-2 and bank statement so I can pre-qualify you.

SpecialEds@hotmail.com

lol  oh yeah   thought so...talkin out of your ass  LOL