Author Topic: will marijuana ever be legalized?  (Read 9705 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: will marijuana ever be legalized?
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2008, 02:11:39 AM »
With the quality of some of today's marijuana, even heavy smokers can get STONED(not just high) with 1-2 joints.

And marijuana isn't like alcohol. Its potency can vary from batch to batch as there are 1,000 different strain comprised of hybrids, and not to mention the pure indicas and sativas, and wild landrace strains.

The master has spoken.
I hate the State.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2008, 02:25:14 AM »
The master has spoken.

Do you use illegal drugs too?
No doubt about it...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2008, 03:22:07 AM »

Do you use illegal drugs too?

No, just legal ones.
I hate the State.

Slin1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2008, 01:34:08 PM »
At "one time" women could not vote.

At "one time" blacks were slaves.

Could u imagine if that were the case today? How absurd, how absolutely insane.

But, u can relate this the same way. Over 750,000 people go to jail for "smoking pot." Can u comprehend this? It is DUMB and COUNTERPRODUCTIVE.

GOOD PEOPLE go to JAIL for SMOKING POT. W T F

I'm with you on everything except the women can vote thing
Money drugs and bitches

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2008, 03:24:25 PM »
Psych wards are full of heroin shooters and smokers. And you can pretty much make the same arguement for alcohol, while retracting your marijuana one. Marijuana is actually very sedative and people are less likely to commit violence by smoking it than alcohol. You are using a select group of people who're more prone to drug abuse, depression and other things. These people abuse a host of drugs, and are more genetically prone to, so what does it have to do with the average person having the right to blaze one? People who have problems will always have problems. Just because they abuse marijuana, alcohol and a host of other drugs doesn't mean that those drugs can't be used responsibly.

You also did not provide a single study to back those claims. I have never seen an independent study of marijuana being linked to those conditions. And even if there were, there'd still be a case to legalize as you already have a legal drug(alcohol) that causes all those adverse conditions you mentioned, along with violence, instability, destruction of the liver/stomach/brain. You've also got prescription opiates which are some of the most addictive drugs ever.

i agree with alot of your post. however there are studies that link marijuana to schitzophrenia and psychosis. many genetically prone, socially triggered depressives self medicate with marijuana and end up in the psych wards.

the bottom line is that it isnt the innocuous drug most people think. its responsible for much social ineptitude and changes of mental states of alot of people. i cant argue that alcohol is any different- except that alcohol isnt illegal...not sure why marijuana isnt legal considering alcohol is.

i can only speculate that alcohol doesnt have the same neurological effects that THC does. THC competes for, and establishes itself at the endorphine sites and eventually forces the brain to change the way it works. Perhaps alcohol has a different mechanism.

i personally lost 10 years of my life and thousands of $ up in smoke from marijuana and whilst under the influence was a different person who made questionable decisions. incluidng socially irresponsible ones.

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2008, 03:40:33 PM »

i personally lost 10 years of my life and thousands of $ up in smoke from marijuana and whilst under the influence was a different person who made questionable decisions. incluidng socially irresponsible ones.

you should have grown your own

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2008, 03:55:57 PM »
you should have grown your own

who said i didnt?..once had a resin ball the size of a tennis ball. and im talking pure white fresh THC crystals...not that black crap.

couldve stuck it to an oily wall it was that sticky...

never smoked a piece of leaf- ever. pure skunk...or nothing. it was good for about 9 years but my attitude was bad. the last year was tragic.

Sarcastic Deity

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2008, 11:20:39 PM »
yes it is legal. i live in cal, all my friends have their cards and  have had them for years now.i made my apointment last week dont kno y i waited so long, getting your card is a joke all they want is their money. it is now taxed also. Of course the state wants their cut, as they should. ive been smoke'n for years. i dont smoke every day maybe 2-3 times a week at night, (not the case 2 yrs ago)  i do believe it should b legal, but i myself  kno many of the sides, it is different for everyone!,  and thats really the prob every one reacts very different i kno many ppl that function great on weed, where other get so parinoid its not fun, the true prob is that some ppl dont kno when to stop and many ppl can go down a very slow spiral not even realizing its negative effects. myself, it makes me less motivated to do thing like most ppl, which if u think about it can b very harmful to kids/ young adults. makes me parinoid to an extent, i try not 2 smoke b4 going to any social event of any kind. short term memory loss is huge if u smoke often. And the whole since of time is very scewd if u smoke alot, its like any other substance it can easily b abused. the prob w/ weed is it always starts out fine. yes u smoke but ur not a "stoner" till a couple years down the road many ppl find it all around to b better when high. so ppl go to work high, come home get high and so on. it also has tons of benifits dont get me wrong i will probly never completely stop smoking cuz the truth is if u kno how to use it n a benefical way and timely manner it is great. The thought of having kids n a place where weed is legal? im still not so sure. if u have a head on ur shoulders and can realize its not a drug 4 u ul b fine, its the ppl that respond negativly 2 weed and continue to smoke, cuz either social reasons, (the cool kids do it), or the fact that it kills bordom! which i believe y most ppl smoke, if ur bored and not doin nothin might as well b high( which ensures u wont b do'n nothin). im still up and down on the legal issue, fact is it wont hurt no one cuz it calms everyone down, cant O.D , its all natural, down side 2 many ppl r retarted and iresponsible and would abuse it, like the niegborhood stoner that talks 4 words a minute and still lives w/ mom. should u have the right to abuse it SURE! would u want ur kids a young ppl of america to beable to abuse it? thats the tough 1.

no way i'm going to read all this shit, but it looks like meth is your problem

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2008, 11:05:36 PM »
I'm with you on everything except the women can vote thing

agreed. women should not be allowed to vote.

oh, and stupid people.

and gun owners..

and gays..

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2008, 06:37:34 AM »
its legalized in my house ...
The Number 2 in Scranton

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2008, 02:39:15 PM »
I have had high anxiety my entire life, and i can say that smoking pot was the main reason why i made it through school without having anxiety attacks.

When i was diagnosed with serious anxiety problems, i was given Xanax, this is the worst drug any person can take. it knocks you unconscious in 30 minutes, so of course the anxiety is gone...lol...but it is addictive and if you run out, you are fucked, seriously, you will flip out and have seizures and shit...bad news.

i smoked before i went to bed and after school for about 5 years, and it leveled my anxiety back to normal. i wouldn't call myself a stoner, but i did smoke pretty much every day for years and i enjoyed it. we used to get high and ride 4 wheelers out in the country and have BBQ's all the time...no harm there!

So it was either Xanax, or pot, i chose pot and i never had a single problem with it.

It should be legal and alcohol should be banned.

Now i have my anxiety under control, so it's really pointless to smoke anymore, but every now and then.................. ;)

8)

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2008, 03:35:35 PM »
I have had high anxiety my entire life, and i can say that smoking pot was the main reason why i made it through school without having anxiety attacks.

When i was diagnosed with serious anxiety problems, i was given Xanax, this is the worst drug any person can take. it knocks you unconscious in 30 minutes, so of course the anxiety is gone...lol...but it is addictive and if you run out, you are fucked, seriously, you will flip out and have seizures and shit...bad news.

i smoked before i went to bed and after school for about 5 years, and it leveled my anxiety back to normal. i wouldn't call myself a stoner, but i did smoke pretty much every day for years and i enjoyed it. we used to get high and ride 4 wheelers out in the country and have BBQ's all the time...no harm there!

So it was either Xanax, or pot, i chose pot and i never had a single problem with it.

It should be legal and alcohol should be banned.

Now i have my anxiety under control, so it's really pointless to smoke anymore, but every now and then.................. ;)

8)

I have had issues where weed would cause me to have a panic attack.  Did that ever happen to you?

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2008, 03:50:38 PM »
leave it to our government to outlaw.....A plant?...seriously!
DAWG

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2008, 08:18:34 AM »
I have had issues where weed would cause me to have a panic attack.  Did that ever happen to you?

Only a few times when i smoked way too much at a party or something.

I was a very casual smoker and most of my friends didn't know i smoked regularly.

I would smoke a bowl or two late at night and that's about it.

I never got into the smoking all day long thing, just couldn't do it, made me feel tired and shitty all day.

8)