Author Topic: Best powerlifter in the world currently?  (Read 8971 times)

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
Re: Best powerlifter in the world currently?
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2014, 12:38:36 AM »
800lb deadlift at 20 years old... yet according to this dipshit it's all drugs.  ::)

Go stick a needle in your forehead for being such a dipshit. Then slap yourself like the bitch you are.

You have no credibility with such retarded statements.

Remember the pat mendes 800lb squat? What exactly happened when he got busted?

Ow yeah it was because of the hip injury, um I mean the weight loss. stopping steroids had nothing to do with squatting 350 pounds less.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2014, 12:40:51 AM »
Remember the pat mendes 800lb squat? What exactly happened when he got busted?

Ow yeah it was because of the hip injury, um I mean the weight loss. stopping steroids had nothing to do with squatting 350 pounds less.

He was injured and did have surgery. Yes, drugs help, a lot. But you, I, and 99% of the forum could take all the drugs in the world and never pull 800 in our life... let alone at 20.  

A

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2014, 12:43:36 AM »
He was Air Force for awhile and was drug tested enough that I'm sure he was natural for awhile. We had 45 lifters for a gym meet. I think crossfit has helped the sport. There are a lot more raw lifters around and a lot of folks who don't look like tubs of lard.
workplaces generally just test for recreational drugs, not anabolics

may be stricter in the airforce but I really doubt it.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2014, 03:08:39 AM »
Your point is valid but, I just don't see why someone who outlined their entire drug history and basically cries about how much he regrets it because of the side effects would lie about when he started lol...Who would care if he went from a 500lb deadlift to 815 on drugs, wouldn't prove shit besides how he responds to drugs...

As Mawse says, its Rubish's way of saying that the juice was just the finishing touch and that he was top class even before he touched anything.
Its like when some 250lb BB's admit to taking steriods but then says suff like "I was 230lbs lean all natural in HS" :D
I've never used anabolics so don't know how much they can add to your lifts, but I'm sure hardly anyone would bother using them if even a ton of the stuff adds barely 50lbs to your deadlift. :D

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2014, 03:24:38 AM »
Mike weighed 250 his senior year of high school as a football player, and his powerlifing numbers have very slowly gained steam over the course of 10-15 years. The guy is clean...You can tell by his bench, his lower body looks like a damn horse, clearly genetics, and his upper body is average...Not to mention, sure androgens don't really blow you up in size, but they sure as hell give a very distinct look, vascular, grainy, strange skin texture, weird different little types of acne, etc...

The list of guys I believe are legit drug free is very short, most are IPF and genetic aliens...

Yeah I agree with you about Mike. He doesn't "look" like he is on. He hasn't got any bloat going on, redness, out of breath etc. He is still young too and what is most impressive about him IMO is his consistency.

Eric Lilliebridge is a phenomenal lifter too but as has been mentioned he, along with much of the current crop of top lifters, are juiced to the gills. And without trying to sound too preachy here, Tuchscherer lifts in the IPF, which is the gold standard for powerlifting in my opinion. All meets are drug tested, no knee wraps, monolifts etc and the strictest judging parameters are used. Check out the two videos below to see what I mean:

Lilliebridge squatting at a UPA meet with a monolift, knee wraps and borderline/questionable depth. Lift was passed:

Tuchscherer squatting raw at an IPF meet a few years ago. This squat was failed (3 red lights!) for not reaching depth:

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2014, 03:32:59 AM »
Nothing to discuss. who is the stronget in raw deadlift, squat and becnhpress? Easy! Then we have speciallist. Who is the strongest in each diciplin. And then u can add clean an jerk to...and we have another couple of guys. And then Set bodyweights limits...etc etc...

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2014, 03:33:34 AM »

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2014, 03:38:15 AM »
Colin Ryan, Ireland 350kg raw squat 22-3-14

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2014, 07:50:26 AM »
workplaces generally just test for recreational drugs, not anabolics

may be stricter in the airforce but I really doubt it.

According to the reg I would have to specifically say Maxx is juicing and we're testing him for that. The shit either goes to Rhode Island or the Olympic training center in Colorado and its fairly expensive. The random tests don't test for that shit. He was an Officer as I recall and got out as a Captain. They'll hammer an Officer a hell of a lot more for popping positive then they will an enlisted guy so he made have not taken the risk. I have 3 years until retirement and while I don't take anything now, have no problem with it when I get out.   
L

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2014, 07:53:32 AM »
Brad Castleberry the strongest bitch on earth.

Damn, beat me to it.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2014, 08:05:22 AM »
Look out for young Brit WIlliam Elsby who has a RAW 270kg bench, RAW 355kg dead. Ive never seen him squat heavy but he reps 140kg for 20+.