Author Topic: Roosevelt's Speech in 1907  (Read 4352 times)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Roosevelt's Speech in 1907
« on: January 15, 2007, 05:50:26 AM »
TRUE!!!! TRUE!!!! TRUE!!!!

Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.       

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt - 1907

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
Re: Roosevelt's Speech in 1907
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 07:18:13 AM »
man that was good.

sad thing is if it was said now by the president, he would be labled a hater
W

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 07:23:07 AM »
man that was good.

sad thing is if it was said now by the president, he would be labled a hater

The ACLU would sue him for discriminating against the immigrants.  but they're a group of d1ckless wonders who are only put on tv to elicit an angry emotional response from common sensical viewers.

The real quesiton is, with Bush' giant domestic powers and unlimited budget, coupled with his ability to make decisions which 85% of America disagrees with... why HASN'T Bush sealed up the borders yet?

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 07:46:20 AM »
The ACLU would sue him for discriminating against the immigrants.  but they're a group of d1ckless wonders who are only put on tv to elicit an angry emotional response from common sensical viewers.

agreed.
the ACLU should rot in hell
W

sandycoosworth

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 08:39:54 AM »
great find colossus ....

see if you can dig up his quote warning about the war machine .... twould be just as relevent today!

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 09:44:07 AM »
Ask Old_Rooster...I think he attended TR's inaugural address.
footloose and fancy free

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 10:23:28 AM »

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Nice.  Teddy was the man. 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 11:35:53 AM »
Nice.  Teddy was the man. 

I think we can all agree on that. :D
S

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 01:13:00 PM »

GODDAMNED EXCELLENT POST COLOSSUS!!!!!! To bad it's not the case and there are exceptions made for special citizens like American Zionists with dual citizenships/dual loyalties... We expect every Chinese and Mexican immigrant to fully adopt America and have no dual loyalty.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 09:35:40 PM »
bush sucks
Valhalla awaits.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 09:39:18 PM »
bush sucks

I think Bush believes he's doing what's right for America's long term survival.  Like the parent who takes kids for shots then makes them eat their veggies.  maybe he is.   The nation will be in stronger shape in 50 years thanks to his taking over iraqi oil, afghan pipeline access to gas/oil in asia, iranian oil.  The nation won't implode if the truth about 9/11 comes out, thanks to the tougher domestic control laws and prisons getting built, designed to cage the rowdy f'ckers if and when it comes out.

So yeah, he's tearing up the constitution, sending men to die in a maintenance war, etc, in the meantime, but I think he seriously believes he's making the US stronger.  Who knows.  Long term, perhaps he is. 

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 02:20:20 AM »
I think Bush believes he's doing what's right for America's long term survival.  Like the parent who takes kids for shots then makes them eat their veggies.  maybe he is.   The nation will be in stronger shape in 50 years thanks to his taking over iraqi oil, afghan pipeline access to gas/oil in asia, iranian oil.  The nation won't implode if the truth about 9/11 comes out, thanks to the tougher domestic control laws and prisons getting built, designed to cage the rowdy f'ckers if and when it comes out.

So yeah, he's tearing up the constitution, sending men to die in a maintenance war, etc, in the meantime, but I think he seriously believes he's making the US stronger.  Who knows.  Long term, perhaps he is. 

He probably is, appeasing the illegals living in this country is good for us financially is some ways, and we absolutely MUST secure our energy for the next 50 years. Also, someone made a point that it's better for us to fight our enemies overseas, than wait for them here. Radical islamists WILL come here to kill us, but for the moment we are conveniantly in iraq and afganistan.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 04:47:21 AM »

good post 240. 
you surprise me sometimes.
W

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2007, 07:59:54 AM »
This is true and this is what immigrants should do.

But in reality very few people pledge their full alligence to the states, rather about half hate America while enjoying the benefits and the perks that a country like America has to offer.

You can keep your culture and heritage without keeping your alligence to the same backwards and shitty place that your came from.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007, 08:10:28 AM »
good post 240. 
you surprise me sometimes.

Hey, I am pro-America.  People here equate criticizing the govt with no loving America, and they're incorrect douchebags for doing so.  Jefferson and Washington would have criticized Bush, and thet wrote the Constitution to encourage us to do so to keep the nation operating at peak while including checks and balances to prevent abuses.

I believe Bush is choosing the oil road over the energy-independent/isolationist approach for 2 reasons.  1) Exploitation of foreign labor is good for the firms which influence him heavily.  2) Exploitation of foreign oil, same.

oil is one way to go for US to succeed, and Bush is doing that.  The other way is to close borders, develop an alternative source (If Brazil can do it, we can do it), and start working hard again.  Bush is bypassing that route (I happen to believe in this alternative path).

Bush's family makes a great deal of money from Saudi Oil, as does Cheney's haliburton. Perhaps this influences their decision.  When the only way to control oil is to war with 4 nations (Yes, Syria WLL be after Iran), then oil might not be the best bet.