Author Topic: Govt cutting part time workers to avoid ObamaCare  (Read 4786 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Govt cutting part time workers to avoid ObamaCare
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2014, 12:11:39 PM »
Big insurance defines the policies and people choose whether to buy or not.  That's not my idea.  That's just how it works.  Your second sentence restates my point:  people that don't buy insurance ultimately cost more to the public as emergency cases.  They are moochers getting medical treatment at our expense, mate.

Before Obamacare, people decided what kind of coverage they wanted in the individual market.  Now, the government has made that decision for every one of them. 

I don't consider them moochers, unless they don't work and don't pay taxes.  Is that the case with uninsured people who get ER treatment?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Govt cutting part time workers to avoid ObamaCare
« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2014, 09:58:43 AM »
It's amazing how facts can kill a thread

There are good things in the ACA, as you have mentioned.

But the facts are it has increased premiums.  Not for everyone yet, because not all of it has been implemented.  Mine went up 68%.  I know lots of other people who are self employed who have had their coverages increase more than that.  The way i figure it, based on coveredca.gov, if you make over 45K per year you pay the full price which for a basic $2000.deduc health care is about $450/month.  If you make less, it gets subsidized.  If you make around 50K per year you are basically paying 10% of gross to HC. Where before it was about 5%.

We also have many stories of coverages being drastically altered, such as family plans getting dropped.

To call this the "Affordable Care Act" seems like a lie. It doesn't really address the cost over runs in our system.

Who really benefits who really doesn't with ACA?

Winners:  People who can't afford health care, people with preexisting conditions, etc. 
Losers:  People who make more than 45K per hear, the tax payers because the government subsidizes those who don't make at least 45K per year

The Grand Champion Winner:  The medical industry.  They win in every category.

Thank you, elected representatives for looking out for the people.