Author Topic: Lance Armstrong 'comes clean'  (Read 65071 times)

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
Lance Armstrong 'comes clean'
« on: January 15, 2013, 07:36:32 AM »
Lance Armstrong 'comes clean' over doping in Oprah Winfrey interview

• Winfrey: 'He did not come clean in the manner I had expected'
• Interview to be broadcast over two nights instead of one

Oprah Winfrey has confirmed that after years of furious denials and threats Lance Armstrong finally "came clean" over his doping past during their two-and-a-half hour interview, due to be broadcast later this week.

The US TV presenter appeared on CBS This Morning to talk about the interview with Armstrong, which was filmed on Monday in his hometown of Austin, and said that the manner of his confession was "surprising" to her.

She implied that Armstrong, stripped of seven Tour de France titles after a Usada report placed him at the heart of the "most sophisticated doping programme sport has ever seen", had been more candid than she expected. "He did not come clean in the manner I expected. I was surprised," said Winfrey, who said that Armstrong was highly prepared and had "certainly prepped himself".

Winfrey, who said that the interview will now be broadcast over two days rather than one, said she was "satisfied with the answers". She added: "He was just ready … he met the moment."

The interview will be aired on Winfrey's OWN network in the US and the Discovery Channel in the UK and she said it was the biggest she has ever done. "A couple of times he was emotional but emotional doesn't begin to describe the intensity and the difficulty he had talking about these issues," she told CBS.

Winfrey also said she did not allow Armstrong's lawyers in the room while they were recording, although he did have a team of people present who would address any issues they had afterwards. She said they had none.

Arrangements were made when Winfrey, who has interviewed Armstrong several times before, met with the disgraced cyclist in Hawaii. She had earlier emailed him when the Usada's sensational report was published but he was "not ready" to talk at that point.

The interview was moved to a hotel in Austin after the original plan to film at his house had to be changed because news crews had staked it out. Winfrey told CBS she "hand-carried" the interview tapes "in my bag with dog food" and revealed that during a break in filming Armstrong asked: "Will there be a point where you lighten up?"

It is the first time Armstrong has given an interview since he lost his titles, was dropped by sponsors and pilloried by the public for his part in a doping conspiracy that spanned more than a decade and was described in excoriating detail in a 202–page report by Usada.

The Texan is at the centre of several ongoing legal disputes, amid renewed speculation that he would repay some of the millions of dollars that US Postal invested in his team, while the Sunday Times is suing him for the repayment of a libel settlement the newspaper was forced to pay him over doping allegations.

Since Usada published its "reasoned decision" in October, ratified some weeks later by cycling's much criticised global governing body, the UCI, Armstrong has been deserted by a succession of high-profile supporters and sponsors, including Nike, and lost millions of dollars' worth of endorsements. He has also stepped down from his position as chairman of Livestrong, the charity he established after winning his battle with testicular cancer.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Lance Armstrong 'comes clean'
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 07:41:49 AM »
He should have just kept his mouth shut and been done with it all.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 07:48:21 AM »
oprah may have spilled over for this appearance

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 07:49:13 AM »

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 07:53:00 AM »
Bastard cheat! I hope he gets cancer or something. - try winning against that Lancey boy

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 08:10:25 AM »
I'm waiting for the "One Nut Armstrong" gimmick to show up on here any day now.

P.S.: Oprah, you missed your carb load. Big Mike Cox would like to have a word with you.
 ;D

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 08:10:33 AM »
Fuck that.  It's not cheating if everyone is doing it. He wasn't gaining an advantage since everyone in the fucking race was on something

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 08:12:55 AM »
Fuck that.  It's not cheating if everyone is doing it. He wasn't gaining an advantage since everyone in the fucking race was on something

i have no problem with him doping.  it's a sport where everyone does it... lance outworked those other cyclists.

on ESPN, they're talking about how he used to sue/ruin people who accused him of steroid use.  Dude went on Colin's show to talk about how lance sued him into being broke, he was a former teammate who did doping with lance or something.  He was telling the truth, and lance ruined him.  Lots of stories of lance suing anyone who said they doped with him.   Sounds like he was a little crazy in real life, a real dick to people.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 08:13:46 AM »
did he end up banging her after the interview?

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 08:25:16 AM »
He still plan on ripping people off their money to feel the need to do what he s doing, or he simply would have shut his mouth and enjoyed his millions. Wonder what he s going to sell next; maybe he wants to host stuff on tv. He ll obviously wont admit to doping and will say everyone else does it tho, but wont go too far as to say it's the same in every single pro sport. There wont be anything "surprising" at all from his "confession". It's all marketing.
The real problem is that people want to see amazing performances and it requires athletes to take drugs, the problem is that most humans are animals and are excited by blood and competition, it lies in our deep intrinsical inner nature. Are athletes going to tell those who support, worship them, they are hypocrits? Doubt it, it's a win win situation, athletes need people to worship them and spectators need athletes to entertain themselves, just like our ancestors enternained themselves watching gladiators.

BTW congrats to winfrey for being three times heavier than armstrong.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 09:02:13 AM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/the-turnstile/espn-stuart-scott-announces-cancer-returned-030452684.html

ESPN’s Stuart Scott announces on Twitter that his cancer has returned

ESPN anchor Stuart Scott has announced that his cancer has returned. On Monday evening, he wrote on Twitter:

"Blessed by prayers..I'm back in the Fight. C reared its head again. Chemo evry 2 wks but I'll still work, still work out..still #LIVESTRONG"

Amid tweets of sympathy from followers, including Robert Griffin III and Jason Taylor, Scott remained upbeat. "Thanks for prayers..ill fight w ALL C survivors & loved ones. Cancer wants to re-appear..picked the right guy cuz I HIT HARD all day long!!" He gave his followers a look inside his routine: "Here's what I do right aftr chemo. Leave the infusion center & go STRAIGHT 2 either do a p90x wkout or train MMA..THATS how you #LIVESTRONG"

According to Touched By Cancer magazine, Scott first took ill in 2007 while at a Monday Night Football game. An emergency appendectomy revealed the presence of appendiceal cancer. After six months of chemo, Scott was cancer-free until early 2011. At that time, doctors discovered that malignant tumors had developed on his small intestine. More surgery and chemotherapy treated the cancer, but it has apparently returned again.

“Cancer sucks, and the effects of chemotherapy suck, and you’re going to feel like crap sometimes,” he said last year. “But you’re going to feel like that whether you’re lying in bed or going to work or working out, so you might as well go out there and live your life. If you believe you’re not being touched by this, then it’s much better."

He continued: “I love my job. Those of us who do what we do, we’re blessed. Being on when you don’t feel well is not the challenge. I love writing. I love creating our shows every night. And by the time it’s time to go on, you’re charged. And when you’re going through something like this, going to work helps. Having that energy helps. Having a positive mindset helps.”

Best wishes to Scott in his fight.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 09:03:29 AM »

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 09:19:44 AM »
Nike don't give a shit about dropping Lance

they still have Kobe Rapist signed for a few more years

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 09:20:38 AM »
Cycling  :P

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 09:42:59 AM »
Oprah Has some Fat ol Titties ,,,, i would bust a load of warm nut on them fuckers

ukjeff

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2013, 09:46:03 AM »
Good old Kobe

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2013, 10:09:16 AM »
Oprah Has some Fat ol Titties ,,,, i would bust a load of warm nut on them fuckers

Tito24 goes first.  I think he said he'd like to fuck Oprah with a kkk hat on.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2013, 10:20:57 AM »
So he wants more money?

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2013, 10:27:00 AM »
Winfrey: 'He did not come clean in the manner I had expected'

This statement confirms that there will still be doubt as to whether or not Lance's alleged "coming clean" to Oprah will be considered an admission of guilt.   I expect Lance to say something like "I made some mistakes which I regret" or that kind of thing, but as the statement says, he will not truly come clean and admit it directly.  Trust me on that.  I predict that after the 2-part interviews are over, views will be left with a "what the fuck?" feeling, that they were not duped by Lance Armstrong, but duped by the media hype that they would actually get to see Lance confess, when it's becoming clear that it won't be a true confession after all.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 10:45:00 AM »
exactly

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2013, 10:51:04 AM »
 ik kom klar

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2013, 11:50:36 AM »
Without competing, Lance is a lost soul and has nothing in life(outside of his monetary value). His ego needs to be stroked so going on Oprah is his way of(possibly) being able to compete in triathlons after confessing.  Plus, by going on Oprah, he knows that the millions of people(whom dont even follow cycling) will forgive him and use the *aww, just leave poor Lance alone* excuse. Hes appearing in front of the perfect demographic audience to gain some fans again.  He is a master strategist. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2013, 11:57:07 AM »
He should have just kept his mouth shut and been done with it all.

I think he should have admitted it from the get go.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2013, 12:09:55 PM »
google the model "ofrah", and you will be happy!

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2013, 12:26:28 PM »
google the model "ofrah", and you will be happy!