Author Topic: What will you do with your pet when he or she dies?  (Read 6575 times)

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
Re: What will you do with your pet when he or she dies?
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2007, 01:20:24 PM »
Cremation.   

I do know people who bury them on their property, I plan on moving hopefully in a couple years so wouldn't do that.  Plus it takes a back hoe to bury a Great Dane.

Cremation then an urn.  I have one for the ferrets already, has 2 little containers in it, Jasper and Simon, in a wooden box with a ferret sculpture on top.  Tino will be put in there when he passes.

Probably get the dogs separate ones, maybe with a place for a picture on it, you can find all kinds of stuff on the web.

I just could never relinquish their bodies for mass burial. 

I made my mother put my hamsters in the freezer if they died in the winter and we buried them when ground thawed.  We had whole hamster burial ground!

flower, I am thinking of getting a Great Dane for me and my wife as I am a fire fighter and work 24hours on and 48 hours...so i thought it would be nice to have a big dog to fill up my space on bed whenever i wasn't there and make my wife feel safe.  My mom said that she used to dog sit for a couple that had two GDs and she loved them...  PM me and give me some advice.  I always had boxers when i was growing up, but I think GDs are the most beautiful dogs and from what i hear they are so sweet!  PLEASE HELP!

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2007, 07:56:34 AM »
i was reading about this yesterday and in tears thinking about when i may have to make that decision...
footloose and fancy free

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2007, 10:04:21 AM »
My pets are cremated----usually, I'm the one that does the cremation---that way I can completely clean the crematorium and make sure that the only ashes there are the ones of my dogs.   Right now they are in little wooden urns in my living room.  When I die, the bags of ashes will be taken from the urns and put in my casket with me.