Author Topic: Russel Brand going the way of Danny Masterson?  (Read 5176 times)

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Russel Brand going the way of Danny Masterson?
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2023, 04:00:11 AM »
Q

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2023, 12:28:24 AM »

I'm so tired of these whores. Almost makes me want to join Islam.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2023, 10:54:38 AM »
https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2023/sep/24/russell-brand-and-why-the-allegations-took-so-long-to-surface

Others wondered why it had taken so long for the story to be published despite rumours swirling about Brand’s behaviour for years. In the Dispatches documentary Russell Brand: In Plain Sight, the comedian Daniel Sloss said he had heard “allegations and rumours” about Brand, while Deadline reported that Brand was dropped from Comedy Central’s Roast Battle in 2018 after another comedian, Katherine Ryan, repeatedly accused him of being a “sexual predator”.

The reason, according to multiple experts, is simple: publishing stories like this in England and Wales is extremely difficult, and fraught with risk.

“People often think that we have a law that protects free speech here. We don’t. We have a law that protects reputation,” says Caroline Kean, a partner at Wiggin

Yes it's been known for 20 years.

If he wasn't famous though he'd have nothing to answer for. His way of carrying on with women is nothing unusual. He will have plenty of women sticking up for him as a good number of women actually like sexually aggressive men like him.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2023, 02:49:12 PM »
Fuck em both...wanna rape then you wanna get locked up.
T

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2023, 10:42:09 PM »
I'm impressed with Rumble's response to the UK Government's attempt to ban individuals from social media on the basis of unproven allegations. Never used the site, and it seems to be similar to YouTube in that it's full of dumbasses making their own terrible videos, but I've signed up and will support it now out of principle.

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2023, 01:13:01 AM »
i=o09LsQyvg2b6UwIy

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2023, 01:15:14 AM »

I don't give a fuck about women at this point,whether they are raped or not raped,especially fifteen years ago.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2023, 05:15:51 AM »

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2023, 06:16:19 AM »
I'm impressed with Rumble's response to the UK Government's attempt to ban individuals from social media on the basis of unproven allegations. Never used the site, and it seems to be similar to YouTube in that it's full of dumbasses making their own terrible videos, but I've signed up and will support it now out of principle.

I am not following the details, so this isn't about him being guilty or innocent.

But Youtube demonetized him based on accusations.

Accusations.

That is just awful.
Y

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2023, 06:22:04 AM »
I am not following the details, so this isn't about him being guilty or innocent.

Accusations.

That is just awful.

I haven’t been following it either but what’s an appropriate threshold in your opinion?  In the face of credible accusations + some corroborating evidence, it would be reasonable for a private company to demonetize one of their members.

Not saying that’s the case here, but there’s no need to wait until someone is found guilty in a court of law

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2023, 07:39:18 AM »

Enjoy while you can. The Brand allegations will be leveraged to smear and ban Rumble. "Online Safety."

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2023, 07:57:48 AM »
I haven’t been following it either but what’s an appropriate threshold in your opinion?  In the face of credible accusations + some corroborating evidence, it would be reasonable for a private company to demonetize one of their members.

Not saying that’s the case here, but there’s no need to wait until someone is found guilty in a court of law

How would one determine "credibility" in this case to make that decision?

Also, given the fact that R Kelley and such types are still permitted to make $, and they've actually been convicted of shit, how does this make sense?

Youtube demonetized people for things like the lab leak theory and other Covid related so called "misinformation" that they now appear to have gotten completely wrong, so they should exercise caution in these cases.

Y

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2023, 08:46:12 AM »

Accusations.

That is just awful.

Precisely.

Until found guilty, you are not guilty. Just accused. Charged with. Whatever.

Might be an open-and-shut case, but the presumption of innocence is mandatory.

Me, while I obviously don’t know, I am inclined to believe Brand is being branded.

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2023, 09:11:57 AM »

Accusations.

That is just awful.

Yeah, it's a sorry state of affairs. It's all over our mainstream news, so I've read a fair bit of it. Russell has always been a deviant, but a lot of this could quite easily be viewed as baseless accusations from scorned women and dismissed legally. There's no doubt he behaved terribly, and the BBC enabled him, however, the rape allegation is the compelling one and he’s going to have to defend himself against that.

The woman kept records from the rape crisis center she attended, along with doctor's notes, text messages, and dated letters sent to Russell. A good lawyer would likely try to claim the conversation was regarding her objecting to his lack of condom use as opposed to rape, but regardless, there should be due process. What should not be happening is what we are witnessing now with the media campaign and our government ministers acting as judge and jury.

Just as my own personal speculation on a gay message board, I suspect that Russell was smart enough to take some control of this by leaving for the US and being extra theatrical with the conspiracy theorist/enemy of the state angle in order to play that card. He knew this was coming.

Enjoy while you can. The Brand allegations will be leveraged to smear and ban Rumble. "Online Safety."

I remember reading Ronald Dworkin's A Bill of Rights for Britain, in which he criticized the UK Government’s increasing restrictions on free media (amongst other things) back in the 1990s. It's never stopped. GCHQ run smear campaigns on the biggest threats (as is the norm for all states), once-outspoken newspapers have effectively been silenced, and we now have 'Online Safety Bills' and full-time military units utilizing social media to 'influence behaviour'. Scary times.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2024, 02:53:31 AM »
https://www.christianpost.com/news/russell-brand-announces-he-is-getting-baptized-as-christian.html

Actor and comedian Russell Brand announced Friday that he is going to be baptized this weekend, the culmination of his months-long public wrestling with the tenets of Christianity.
c

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2024, 03:51:24 AM »
100% why they are coming after him. We need special forces teams to take out the regressive leftist elites!

https://www.rt.com/news/583070-russell-brand-sexual-assault-allegations/

Responding to Brand’s video on X (formerly Twitter), Elon Musk wrote: “Of course. They don’t like competition.”

Elsewhere in the video clip, Brand noted what he called “coordinated media attacks” against outspoken figures online such as Joe Rogan “when he dared to take a medicine that the mainstream media didn’t approve of.” Rogan said in 2021 that he was taking the deworming drug ivermectin to treat Covid-19.

Wasn't Russell their favorite back in the day?
Q