Author Topic: New Rule  (Read 2949 times)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
New Rule
« on: June 18, 2007, 05:07:14 AM »
I was thinking about adding a new rule that says don't post for your friend, cousin, brouther, etc. In my opinion if they're old enough to use AAS they're old enough to join & post on a message board. I just find it annoying & in my opinion it's generally not about the so-called friend or whatever it's usually about them.

Examples: (note - I made these up)
I've got a friend who's on his thrid cycle. All his previous cycles have been Test & Deca. He's looking to try EQ for the first time. What do you think?

My brother's doing his second contest in three months. What should he add to get really lean & cut.

The list could go on & on...

Anyway, I'd like to hear your thoughts on this guys.

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
Re: New Rule
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 05:41:52 AM »
i think they are an industry standard....

its kinda like all the other questions that get the "eye roll"....can i drink winny?....i got blood when i shot...am i gonna die? etc, etc.

are they annoying?...yes

are they gonna go away? ...no.

some people feel more comfortable asking questions for a "friend", some of them are real....i actually PM'ed freakfest for a friend. i doubt a 40 year old man is gonna post on "getbig" at home with his wife looking over his shoulder about HRT or his next cycle....well....some will!!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 05:44:39 AM »
I know what your saying wes - I'd like to see them eliminated because it might force some people to do a little research.

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 05:49:31 AM »
I know what your saying wes - I'd like to see them eliminated because it might force some people to do a little research.

id love to force people to research....but then our post counts would all be at 37 around here ;D :'(

i hear ya dude...big boys should figure shit out....the info is out there, but....people like being told what to do, plain and simple

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 05:50:32 AM »
id love to force people to research....but then our post counts would all be at 37 around here ;D :'(

Nah, probably at least 46...

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 06:18:52 AM »
I like the idea.  if someone cant come here by themselves and ask the question then they dont desearve an answer.  If someone is hiding AAS use they should not be using them in the first place.  a 40 Yo guy afraid his wife will see??  man he sounds like a high school kid, sounds so very lame.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 06:26:11 AM »
Thanks Luv. I'm looking for some other answer's/opinions because maybe I'm just irritated because it's Monday morning.

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 06:33:34 AM »
I like the idea.  if someone cant come here by themselves and ask the question then they dont desearve an answer.  If someone is hiding AAS use they should not be using them in the first place.  a 40 Yo guy afraid his wife will see??  man he sounds like a high school kid, sounds so very lame.

i hear ya...in a perfect world we'd all be buying shit over the counter too. not everyone is as well informed as the people on the board, some of the public still believes the hype. you cannot rationalize with those individuals....

lame...maybe...but consider this....he asks for help/ advice that i didnt have a 100% conclusion on...do i: 1) come on here and ask for him? or 2)tell him to come here knowing his wife is a tight ass 3) have him look at the board and see the "epic" ownings and the "13 inch arms" threads...then WE are the ones that look like high schoolers because were lumped into the group.

1) seems pretty easy for me...i was just helping a friend

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 06:38:02 AM »
It's kind of like moderating the board for very basic (and much repeated) newbie questions like..

What kind of fat burner should I use?

How can I lose weight fast?

Ect..

Some how I think maybe the mods should make the search field more noticeable!  Put some flashy stars or some shit around it!

Maybe create a "Newbie Forum" for all newbie threads? So when they create a thread the get an automatic Moderator reply in their in-box stating "Use the fucking search function before posting so you don't look like a complete moron. Hence, we will give you 1 day to research and modify your question before allowing you to post it." message.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 06:41:39 AM »
Maybe I'm just irritated with a certain few individuals who post numerous "brother cousin friend" threads (I won't name names).

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 06:42:16 AM »
So when they create a thread the get an automatic Moderator reply in their in-box stating "Use the fucking search function before posting so you don't look like a complete moron" message.

this is the best idea yet!!!!! ;D

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007, 06:43:26 AM »
Maybe I'm just irritated with a certain few individuals who post numerous "brother cousin friend" threads (I won't name names).

well, what if my dog groomers boyfriends next door neighbor just needs to know how to take clen? what should i....errr...he do?

irondave

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2007, 07:44:48 AM »
there is a lot of bad advice out there even in books,i have people telling me wrong shit all the time "dude you should be doing 2cc a day" so now i tell people their not qualified to give me advice lol. i dont mind answering beg questions

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 07:49:36 AM »
I was thinking about adding a new rule that says don't post for your friend, cousin, brouther, etc. In my opinion if they're old enough to use AAS they're old enough to join & post on a message board. I just find it annoying & in my opinion it's generally not about the so-called friend or whatever it's usually about them.

Examples: (note - I made these up)
I've got a friend who's on his thrid cycle. All his previous cycles have been Test & Deca. He's looking to try EQ for the first time. What do you think?

My brother's doing his second contest in three months. What should he add to get really lean & cut.

The list could go on & on...

Anyway, I'd like to hear your thoughts on this guys.

Agreed 100%. Old enough to inject...old enough to post yourself, right?

PB

!@#$%

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 09:41:39 AM »
Most of the people that post for their cousins are talking about themselves and don't want to give up any personal info on the net.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 10:00:23 AM »
Most of the people that post for their cousins are talking about themselves and don't want to give up any personal info on the net.

True. But how many people really know your real identity on getbig? I can think of about ten who know who "Rimbaud" really is.

Slintowin

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • I saw you just the other day my how you have grow
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 10:33:43 AM »
My friend told me he agrees but so do I  ;D

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007, 01:13:56 PM »
My friend told me he agrees but so do I  ;D

BBBWWWHHAAA ;D ;D

by the way rimmy....

slins friend was the one that stole your hat for a few days....

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2007, 01:20:51 PM »
New Rule:
Don't post anything that gets on Rim's nerves.  ;)

RDW

• Getbig III
  • Get Big or Go Home
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2007, 01:27:13 PM »
I'm respond to this for my brother because he was afraid that my cousin would see if he posted... But seriously, I don't mind when people do that because it makes them feel more safe and I would rather they actually ask the question pseudomasked than not ask and do something stupid or continue to do something stupid.  Everyone has their own level of knowledge and can easily say "well how can someone not know this".  If we don't answer thier questions then they will look elsewhere and I would rather know that they are getting accurate information.  I have seen a lot of people really mess themselves up after a first cycle because they didn't know what they were doing, or worse, they thought they knew what they were doing but got bad information.

Anyway, I guess I just think that if someone wants to try to hide to make themselves feel better, what difference does it make to us.  I think it's kind of funny myself, especially the ones that say: "My brother is gonna blah blah" then the next post is "Okay well I will try that". But it doesn't hurt anyone, them NOT asking at all could get someone hurt...

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2007, 01:56:26 PM »
New Rule:
Don't post anything that gets on Rim's nerves.  ;)

I'm on board!  ;D

clayton green

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2007, 02:31:56 PM »
Rim,

I apolgize for asking a question for my brother, really!  You and Arnold both know what gear I have been taking as I have asked numerous question on this Board and I have not misled anyone as to what I am using.  Some people are not as open about their AAS usage as others.  For me, I don't care who knows or think they know about my AAS and my wife is ok with it. 

On the other hand, my brother's wife is a "biatch" and would probably divorce him over it.  Also, he does not possess any computer skills whatsoever. 

I have been researching the Boards and other sites for all information I can about AAS but I will never have the knowledge and/or experience that the moderator's have.  So I just wanted to give him the best advice I could.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2007, 06:50:44 PM »
Rim,

I apolgize for asking a question for my brother, really!  You and Arnold both know what gear I have been taking as I have asked numerous question on this Board and I have not misled anyone as to what I am using.  Some people are not as open about their AAS usage as others.  For me, I don't care who knows or think they know about my AAS and my wife is ok with it. 

On the other hand, my brother's wife is a "biatch" and would probably divorce him over it.  Also, he does not possess any computer skills whatsoever. 

I have been researching the Boards and other sites for all information I can about AAS but I will never have the knowledge and/or experience that the moderator's have.  So I just wanted to give him the best advice I could.

This I can understand, my wife never cared about juice from the start, I told her right off. It's hard not to see it if someone is obsessed w/  pumping iron. But I know plenty of guys that are married to Bitches who run their every little bit of life.  Some of these skunks will even call the cops.   

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2007, 06:56:29 PM »
Rim,

No need to appologize. Like I said there's people who really ask questions for others & then there's other guys who ask for themselves but hide behind their so called friend. But like I said I'm not going to name names. I guess I was a little more irritable today - work sometimes does that to me. I guess today that ranked right up there with the Dbol only cycle questions.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2007, 07:24:59 PM »
No need to appologize. Like I said there's people who really ask questions for others & then there's other guys who ask for themselves but hide behind their so called friend. But like I said I'm not going to name names. I guess I was a little more irritable today - work sometimes does that to me. I guess today that ranked right up there with the Dbol only cycle questions.
That one chaffs my ass. It ranks right up there with "what should I do for a first cycle?" Perhaps read the sticky at the top of the page ::)