Author Topic: This man is set to make his MMA debut next month  (Read 5817 times)

Pecs

• Getbig IV
Re: This man is set to make his MMA debut next month
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2009, 12:13:21 PM »
hmmm... imagine getting ground and pounded by the world's strongest man........

StuartR

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2009, 12:28:28 PM »
hmmm... imagine getting ground and pounded by the world's strongest man........

outed

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2009, 12:30:06 PM »
Pudz is an athlete, no doubt.  Can he prevent the takedown?  Are those hands doing to be at his waist when a fight goes past three minutes.  How is he off his back?  All things that won't be answered in his first fight.  If the promoters and his management is smart, they give him a string of cans so he can build a rep and get a big fight in Japan.  No way he makes it to the UFC, and no way he passes an athletic commision test.  

He could be like Bob Sapp, get one decent loss to a top ranked fighter and live off of that.  

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2009, 12:40:26 PM »
Simply being a boxer or having a karate background doesn't mean much in MMA. Unless he's been training his butt off and working on his technique, I don't see him doing very well.

When skill has been put up against raw strength in MMA, Skill always wins IMO.

Some people like Lesnar have both, though. But Lesnar obviously has more strength than skill.

Brock's wrestling is top of the food chain.  On top of that, he is extremely explosive.  Doesn't have the best form, but does have serious power, especially in his right hand.  He also has HEAVY hips, so if he gets top position on the ground, he leaves no space to escape.  I doubt Pudz has the explosiveness, or the hips (a lot of which is technical ability).  Kyoshukin is a tough style of karate, but I didn't see Pudz exhibit any Judo skills in any of his "sumo" matches in strongman.  If Pudz fights anyone with decent wrestling skills and gets dumped on his back, he is gonna get haped. 

Pecs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2009, 12:43:21 PM »

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2009, 12:55:54 PM »
 :D

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2009, 01:05:47 PM »
:D

Beetle boxes...He would own Mariusz.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2009, 01:20:34 PM »

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2009, 01:28:52 PM »
whats your problem newbie??
haha you gotta admit he got you  ;D

spinnis

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2009, 01:53:00 PM »

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2009, 02:15:56 PM »
Brock's wrestling is top of the food chain.

um no....his wrestling is good no doubt....but top of the food chain no...that spot is reserved for Olympic calibre wrestlers...In fact him and Kurt Angle wrestled a few times and angle beat him decisively(and no I'm not talkin fake WWE wrestling).And thats with giving up a substantial amount of weight.In a sport were you only compete with someone nearly the exact same weight as you...........Brock is/was a very good wrestler.But there is a whole other level of wrestler above him that are indeed great...
DAWG

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2009, 06:52:34 PM »
um no....his wrestling is good no doubt....but top of the food chain no...that spot is reserved for Olympic calibre wrestlers...In fact him and Kurt Angle wrestled a few times and angle beat him decisively(and no I'm not talkin fake WWE wrestling).And thats with giving up a substantial amount of weight.In a sport were you only compete with someone nearly the exact same weight as you...........Brock is/was a very good wrestler.But there is a whole other level of wrestler above him that are indeed great...

Brock is an NCAA Div 1 National Champ.  That is top of the food chain.  Angle was an that, plus an Olympic Gold Medalist, the top of the tip of the food chain.  That being said, Lesnar smashes him in MMA.  Angle would be better suited for LHW if he weren't soooo jacked up already, he prolly would have been in the UFC already.