Author Topic: THIS machine I would buy  (Read 12429 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: THIS machine I would buy
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2010, 09:56:57 AM »
If you're putting together a training studio or gym, its hard to properly equip everything from just one company.  You have to do your research and chose the equipment best for your goals.

I don't agree with the BS part, but your last words a very true. Problem is that most gym owners rather go for the price than a good "portfolio" of equipment. From what I saw on the vids Bev Francis Powerhouse did a very good job on that.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2010, 09:57:33 AM »
Well you finally see tjhe light.  YES you are worthless.  Remember your place here Goodrum, don't talk about shit you have no idea about.  There are plenty of gay and cock sucking threads for you to "shine" on here.  Leave anything to do with training to people who know.

And, Nebula stuff is great.

Obviously you're not an expert at anything that has to do with fitness and exercise but thanks again for saying the same old crap you normally do.  Now do yourself a favor and go exercise.

Amazing how a 600lb blob with breathing issues from being so fat can actually say something to me.... ::)
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2010, 10:02:58 AM »
I don't agree with the BS part, but your last words a very true. Problem is that most gym owners go rather for the price than a good "portfolio" of equipment. From what I saw on the vids Bev Francis Powerhouse did a very good job on that.

The way you equip your gym will determine what type of clients you'll get.  Bev's gym has the right mix which is why she's been so successful over the years.   
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2010, 10:24:14 AM »
Worthless

Vince, I swear you're so freaking clueless it's mind boggling.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2010, 10:25:53 AM »
Well, if you are doing alternating press movement which is what that contraption does, then its no different from doing the same thing on a Stair Stepper.  You can add more weight of course but it would be a very uncomfortable movement as well as pretty dangerous.  Better to do squats with both legs for even development of the quadriceps

I repeat, you're so freaking clueless about training it's mind boggling. Where do you come up with this shit?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2010, 10:50:04 AM »

The way you equip your gym will determine what type of clients you'll get.  Bev's gym has the right mix which is why she's been so successful over the years.   

Thats horseshit........the trainer and your target market are going to determine what type of clients you get...NOT freaking equipment!!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2010, 10:54:46 AM »

all these powerfliter types do their repetitions in a manner that takes out muscle involvement as much as possible.. what is she working, hips glutes lower bakc and a little bit of lwer quad?  that looks like an awesome machine there, but close up the stanc a little bit and get all the way down, utilizing your legs as much as possible... thats a squat.... not that quarter rep hip gesture..

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2010, 11:43:25 AM »
i have a hammer strength plate load leg press that each leg is independant.  the first time anyone tries it, one leg always flies out twice as fast as the other, showing that their strength is way off balance.  that's why people end up with one leg smaller than the other like the pic Vince put up of himself.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2010, 11:53:16 AM »
i have a hammer strength plate load leg press that each leg is independant.  the first time anyone tries it, one leg always flies out twice as fast as the other, showing that their strength is way off balance.  that's why people end up with one leg smaller than the other like the pic Vince put up of himself.

;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2010, 11:58:20 AM »

LOL ;D

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2010, 12:01:59 PM »
Thats horseshit........the trainer and your target market are going to determine what type of clients you get...NOT freaking equipment!!

So if I put a bunch of tractor tires, dumbbells that go up to 250 pounds, 4 Squat Racks, and a Forza Rack in my facility....I'm going to get a bunch of 60+ senior citizens and some housewives???  ::)

The first thing a prospect looks at is the equipment because that's what they see when they walk into a facility.  They look at the equipment, pictures on the wall, how clean the facility is, what amenities it has, etc.  Your facility will determine your clientele much more than the trainer itself.  Serious Powerlifters expect to see Forza Racks and competition bench presses while senior citizens and housewives want shiny expensive equipment with a weight stack.  

So give me a break, Joe, that's just common sense
A

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2010, 12:03:37 PM »
The gym at my university has one of these:

I don't like it all that much, one in the initial page of this thread seems better, but I'm not all that big on the ISO movements, would just prefer a regular leg press!

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2010, 12:04:22 PM »
was expecting a picture of a sybian.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2010, 12:05:09 PM »

Both of my legs are the same size.  What kind of crack are you smoking
A

lvtolft

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2010, 12:11:41 PM »
That looks like a great machine.  The band attachments is a great feature.
Vince, a stair stepper?  Really?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2010, 12:22:33 PM »
Yes Vince, the average prospect walking in off ther street (especially elderly people) have no idea what a machine does or doesn't do. And where do yoi come up with this nonsense that doing a 2 leg exercise will develope balance (or what ever you said)?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2010, 12:27:50 PM »
The gym at my university has one of these:

I don't like it all that much, one in the initial page of this thread seems better, but I'm not all that big on the ISO movements, would just prefer a regular leg press!

The problem with a lot of modern leg machines is that their start position is with your knees bent. Imagine starting a heavy squat with the bar on the same height as your abs   :-X

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2010, 12:42:02 PM »
Yes Vince, the average prospect walking in off ther street (especially elderly people) have no idea what a machine does or doesn't do. And where do yoi come up with this nonsense that doing a 2 leg exercise will develope balance (or what ever you said)?

Why don't you take the time to go back and read what I said.   ::)

What I said, Joe, is that its better to train legs with both legs for even quadricep development.
A

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2010, 01:07:31 PM »
The problem with a lot of modern leg machines is that their start position is with your knees bent. Imagine starting a heavy squat with the bar on the same height as your abs   :-X

You make a good point, but think about it though, technically, the start position with the knees bent is the RIGHT way, because a regular squat you are doing the negative first before the actual movement.  Where as the start with the knees bent, you are pushing out first, then doing the negative.

Its like barbell bench press and machine bench press!

but I get what you are saying.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2010, 01:08:46 PM »
So if I put a bunch of tractor tires, dumbbells that go up to 250 pounds, 4 Squat Racks, and a Forza Rack in my facility....I'm going to get a bunch of 60+ senior citizens and some housewives???  ::)

The first thing a prospect looks at is the equipment because that's what they see when they walk into a facility.  They look at the equipment, pictures on the wall, how clean the facility is, what amenities it has, etc.  Your facility will determine your clientele much more than the trainer itself.  Serious Powerlifters expect to see Forza Racks and competition bench presses while senior citizens and housewives want shiny expensive equipment with a weight stack.  

So give me a break, Joe, that's just common sense

You still don't seem to get it.  You could have the best shit possible but it is YOU no one like or respects. You buy the cheapest equipment you can find.  You have admitted it.  You are always trying to cut corners and in the end it fucks you up.  You are an ignorant burnt match.  Quit preaching to people who know more than you.
No Worries 4 me

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2010, 01:11:44 PM »
Obviously you're not an expert at anything that has to do with fitness and exercise but thanks again for saying the same old crap you normally do.  Now do yourself a favor and go exercise.

Amazing how a 600lb blob with breathing issues from being so fat can actually say something to me.... ::)
Hahaha and I promise you there is not ONE person in this industry who would listen to anything you say over what I say.  NOT ONE.  You have nothing to back up anything you say.  All you are is a talker with NO accomplishments.  You are a perpetual LOSER.  Even in my "fat state" I am so far ahead of you in experience and knowledge about lifting it is funny.  Remember Goodrum you are only here for our entertainment, you are NOT ever taken seriously
No Worries 4 me

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2010, 01:24:00 PM »
My quads aren't like Platz but they're just fine  ::)

Fine compared the general American public...
You have very long limbs.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2010, 01:28:16 PM »
i never do any one hand or one leg exercise!!..

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2010, 01:32:10 PM »
Why don't you take the time to go back and read what I said.   ::)

What I said, Joe, is that its better to train legs with both legs for even quadricep development.

i love you comparing that machine to a stairstepper.  You are so funny.  Stupid and ignorant too but funny
No Worries 4 me

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2010, 01:34:18 PM »
You make a good point, but think about it though, technically, the start position with the knees bent is the RIGHT way, because a regular squat you are doing the negative first before the actual movement.  Where as the start with the knees bent, you are pushing out first, then doing the negative.

Its like barbell bench press and machine bench press!

but I get what you are saying.
You're correct about that initial contracted or stretched position.

As long as the number of positive movements equals the number of negatives I don't think it matters what that -so called- start position is. What does matter is that you start in a safe position (i.e. your strongest position) so that you have a chance to estimate whether you can make those x number of reps or not. The main problem I have with those machines is that safety issue.