Author Topic: Dexter Jackson's gut.  (Read 18045 times)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Dexter Jackson's gut.
« on: February 25, 2006, 11:49:52 AM »
Let's dispel the myth that Dexter has an excellent structure (worthy of being compared to Shawn's for example), or that he has no gut, or that he is somehow more symmetrical than Ronnie Coleman.  I think these pictures speak for themselves.

He is one of the more overrated pros out there in that he  gets credit for everything.  His conditioning is easily among the top five or 10 in the history of bodybuilding.  It wouldn't be a stretch to compare his level of conditioning to greats like Andreas Munzer and Rich Gaspari.  But to say he has an aesthetically pleasing shape or proportions straight out of the 1970s?  Not a chance.  Ronnie at 300 pounds has a superior structure.

I don't recall Ronnie having a gut like this at anything under 260 pounds.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Re: Dexter Jackson's gut.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 11:51:05 AM »

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 11:57:43 AM »
Let's dispel the myth that Dexter has an excellent structure (worthy of being compared to Shawn's for example), or that he has no gut, or that he is somehow more symmetrical than Ronnie Coleman.  I think these pictures speak for themselves.

He is one of the more overrated pros out there in that he  gets credit for everything.  His conditioning is easily among the top five or 10 in the history of bodybuilding.  It wouldn't be a stretch to compare his level of conditioning to greats like Andreas Munzer and Rich Gaspari.  But to say he has an aesthetically pleasing shape or proportions straight out of the 1970s?  Not a chance.  Ronnie at 300 pounds has a superior structure.

Concur.  Some people equate being smaller (under 240 lbs.) with being "symmetrical" when that is not necessarily the case.  Dex does have sick conditioning but far from the best structure or proportions out there today.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 12:00:01 PM »
Exactly.  Let's give Dexter credit where credit is due - for his unreal conditioning and muscle density.

But pose for pose, I could get screencaps of him next to Ronnie and I really don't see how anyone can argue he is equal in structure to Ronnie, let alone better.

As far as I know, NarcissisticDeity had him pegged as the 2003 Mr. Olympia winner.   ???  Once again reducing his credibility.

Farcry

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 12:04:52 PM »
he is a smaller version of ronnie coleman just with better abs

Stavios

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 12:07:49 PM »
actually I had dexter winning the O in 2004. Ronnie looked like shit that year, so did jay.
But in 2003, anybody who say ronnie shouldn't have win is a fool

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 12:08:47 PM »
he is a smaller version of ronnie coleman just with better abs
Exactly.  The ironage standard is kind of hard for me to understand at times.  Ronnie can literally beat 100% of the competition in 90% of the mandatory poses, blow them all away in muscularity and conditioning, and only because he has a gut and doesn't look as good in the relaxed pose, he should be placed dead last.
Explain to me how Dexter even comes close to Ronnie in this picture?   ??? ???
Oh right, he doesn't.

Stavios

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2006, 12:12:15 PM »
they look the same in that pic, ronnie is just bigger. He has dexter beat in that pose but the overall shape of ronnie in 2004 wasn't great. front the front he looked really watery.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2006, 12:27:15 PM »
Ronnie was watery, but only by his own standards...compared to previous versions of Ronnie, he was watery.  But on an absolute scale, he was still shredded.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2006, 12:29:57 PM »
Another.

Stavios

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2006, 12:34:40 PM »
yeah he look better than what I remembered of the show.
But you have to agree with me that dexter should have beat jay and gustavo at that show

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2006, 12:58:08 PM »
Who cares, he's hard as nails.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2006, 01:21:59 PM »
Ronnie at his prime makes Dexter look like an amateur.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2006, 02:19:39 PM »
I never claimed he should have won in 03 , I said hand the title down to the next guy with NO gut , go as far down as you need to , I've aknowleged Dex has a gut , old news !! either way look at this years O top 3 all had a gut and all should have been placed dead last , in my opinion .

Tigerman

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2006, 04:36:08 PM »
Maybe it was bad photos or I don't know what but I met Jay Cutler about a week ago and I did not see any gut so I don't know what all the commotion is about his midsection.  Just stating what I saw.
On stage the gut is more visible because of the carb load.
To ND, so in your opinion MR O. 2005 is Gunther, am I correct?

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2006, 04:51:41 PM »
d[-_-]b actin all cool

gettinhuge

• Getbig III
  • Comming Soon ME!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2006, 04:54:02 PM »

OK firstly do you know what having a gut is and having what is clearly highly developed abdominal muscles.....When Ronnie is on gut management its bloated, tell me when you ever seen line division and detail in abs such as dexter...if your gutting like most GH user your waist will expaned as well, look at the small waist dexter displays. granted his abs are very devolped but to define it as a gut is the wrong call.

shutupandtrain88

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2006, 04:57:59 PM »
Exactly.  The ironage standard is kind of hard for me to understand at times.  Ronnie can literally beat 100% of the competition in 90% of the mandatory poses, blow them all away in muscularity and conditioning, and only because he has a gut and doesn't look as good in the relaxed pose, he should be placed dead last.
Explain to me how Dexter even comes close to Ronnie in this picture?   ??? ???
Oh right, he doesn't.

why is dexters right calf smaller flexed, than his left calf?

yea yea the lighting, but where are they?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2006, 07:31:21 PM »
Take a look at Flex in his Mass Construction video, on his chest workout he was trying to suck in his gut...and it was a few days AFTER the 1996 Olympia. He was preggers there.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2006, 07:36:58 PM »
Matt i completely agree with you.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2006, 11:35:27 PM »
Matt i completely agree with you.

Thanks bro.  I don't really "get" Dexter's praise.  I just see him as an incredibly conditioned athlete.  I don't see the other strengths people speak of.  Great arms though, as well as other individual bodyparts, but he is no sultan of symmetry.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

body88

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2006, 12:11:45 AM »
gettinhuge are you slow?

His sharp defined abs are clearly sitting on top of a DISTENDED STOMACH.

take a look at s ray's midsection

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2006, 07:34:26 PM »
There are some screencaps on Matt C.'s site from the 99 English Grand Prix that shows Dexter had a fairly large gut even back then. However, those pics were not in the current thread about that contest on the site, so I couldn't find them.
As far as Ronnie not being deserving in 03 because he had a gut, I don't agree.
Guts are a problem, but when the winner obliterates everyone else in literally every mandatory pose that should not be negated simply because of a gut when relaxed. 2003 was one of the most uncontroversial contests in history.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2006, 08:53:27 PM »
Dexter Jackson is overrated.
"Shut the F up and train"

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2006, 10:36:24 AM »
The whole gut thing is over rated, most of these guys over fill while loading, and get stomach distention, we know of gh gut but when loading goes bad it blows it, it's all genetics to and how much your body can assimilate at one sitting. But dex does not have gh gut bro