Author Topic: Kiyoshi Moody  (Read 129653 times)

KiyoshiMoody

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
Re: Kiyoshi Moody
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2008, 10:35:06 AM »
great work Kiyoshi, inspiration plus..

Tell me something man, if your in shape early what do you do to keep from losing too much? cut back on cardio duration? frequency? increase cals ie fats?

Thank you very much!!!!

This year I believe I was in shape a little to early for the Team Universe. So what I did was take in natural fats. Organic peanut butter and omega pills from speciesnutrition called omegalyze. Actually I use to cut cardio but I learned when I did this it made me flat for some reason. so now I know not to cut cardio. About a week out from the Team Universe I beleived I looked my best cause I was full and hard but once I cut the cardio my weight dropped from 202 to 191, 192 the time weigh ins came. The year before I kept up my cardio and came in alot fuller last year. Every year is a learning process.

AVBG

« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2008, 12:29:56 PM »
Thank you very much!!!!

This year I believe I was in shape a little to early for the Team Universe. So what I did was take in natural fats. Organic peanut butter and omega pills from speciesnutrition called omegalyze. Actually I use to cut cardio but I learned when I did this it made me flat for some reason. so now I know not to cut cardio. About a week out from the Team Universe I beleived I looked my best cause I was full and hard but once I cut the cardio my weight dropped from 202 to 191, 192 the time weigh ins came. The year before I kept up my cardio and came in alot fuller last year. Every year is a learning process.

I've done a combination of the same (I am competing in two weeks), firstly bumped up the fats via PB and fish oil-then reduced the intensity of the cardio (it was moderate to begin with) not the DURATION or its frequency.

Here's a pic taken 15 days out..194lbs

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2008, 01:08:42 AM »
My longest layoff was from 2002 thru 2007, This was due to the fact that I was taking care of my mother because she was diagnosed with lung cancer and eventually lost her life in 2005, from there I fell into depression until november of 2006
hi kiyoshi, thanks for the reply & sorry for your loss bro.

the reason i asked you about your longest lay-off is cause ive been out of the gym for almost 2 years and i just started bodybuilding again.
i was curious if/what your expirience with 'muscle memory' was.  roughly how long did it take you to get back to near where you were before your time out of the gym physique/strength wise, does it come back pretty quick, or is muscle memory a myth you think?  thx

KiyoshiMoody

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2008, 08:27:55 AM »
hi kiyoshi, thanks for the reply & sorry for your loss bro.

the reason i asked you about your longest lay-off is cause ive been out of the gym for almost 2 years and i just started bodybuilding again.
i was curious if/what your expirience with 'muscle memory' was.  roughly how long did it take you to get back to near where you were before your time out of the gym physique/strength wise, does it come back pretty quick, or is muscle memory a myth you think?  thx

Let's tackle this piece by piece, First how old are you? Alot has to do with age?

KiyoshiMoody

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2008, 09:06:24 AM »
These are pics of me back in 1998 with the ABA, My first year competing. My weight was 193. Still the same as today the Team Universe I weighed in at 191.

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2008, 05:58:53 PM »
Let's tackle this piece by piece, First how old are you? Alot has to do with age?
im about 21 bro, i started working out when i was 15, eating 6 times a day etc, never missed a workout or meal for 4 years about 99% of the time.   im 6 ft tall and got up to about a litle over 250lbs offseason weight,not a fat offseason weight, probably like 12%bf or so, 15% max.(i am not so knowledgable about bf%s) had some pretty decent lifts, could do 315 on the bench for 6-8,315 squat ass to grass for 20 reps,365 squat for 10-12 atg, 405 deadlift for 20 reps.
i took a break because i was busy with work at the time, and also had sciatic nerve and rotator cuff problem which i figured some time would be good for me anyway. but i fell out of routine, partied with friends, got lazy and just lost all motivation for almost 2 years. now i am sick of being out of shape and been back in the gym and on a bbing diet for a week now, which i know ill stick with.
i debated with myself, should i cut down first, then bulk, or just bulk then cut?  i decided i am not super fat, so i will just bulk till at least spring. here is a crappy pic i took just to give an small idea of how fat/not fat i am.
right now im like 202lbs and out of shape obviously.  basically just curious about how/if muscle memory worked for you and if it really exists? it would really suck if i had to work out for 4 years again to get back to where i was.

KiyoshiMoody

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2008, 08:54:02 AM »
Hey Bro, sorry it took so long, I had another show in which I competed in this past thursday. So I was getting ready for that one. Ok. Now when people talk about bulking, cutting. To me the case is not to put on fat and get all out of shape with a bulk. Thats ridiculous!! The main thing is to build good quality muscle. Don't just start eating everything you can just for the sake of bulking!!! Make sure you get the right amounts of carbs and proteins  and fats in your diet. rest and train and eat frequently. Why worry about cutting unless your getting ready for a show. Make sure you do proper amounts of cardio. This will help to burn some fat!!!!

Will your body remember what it did before you took the layoff? Yes it will remember. Give yourself a good month of proper training. The thing I did before I started to train again before a long layoff was I started to eat a good amount of proteins and carbs and took alot of glutamine the week before I started training and it helped my body recover alot faster.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2008, 01:15:31 PM »
Kiyoshi Moody - What do you think about high dosages of olive oil? Is it a waste of time or can you really lean up with it?

KiyoshiMoody

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2008, 03:11:21 PM »
Kiyoshi Moody - What do you think about high dosages of olive oil? Is it a waste of time or can you really lean up with it?

Honestly I have never used olive oil period. I stick to omegas' But iam a firm believer in eat fat burn fat.

KiyoshiMoody

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2008, 01:21:35 PM »

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2008, 03:54:30 PM »
http://kiyoshimoody.blogspot.com/

New updated blog
2 double cheeseburgers! u gotta be kidding bro!

are u serious? And if u are, why the cheeseburgers and where do u get them from?

also since u blew up 16lbs after the show, how much of it did u lose til ur next show??

And where are u at now?

KiyoshiMoody

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2008, 07:12:51 PM »
AAAWWW dont get it get to confused with the weight. Alot of it was water I can tell you now. Let's go back a bit. Sunday before weigh ins at the team u, when I got off the plane in new york went to the hotel weighed myself I was 202, the same as when I left san diego. The next couple of days I started to up my carbs and drop the water. Trust me when I say this I was eating like a damn pig in the hotel room at least every hour and half to 2 hours around the clock. boiled chicken breast in distilled water oatmeal, brown rice pasta, egg whites, white rice and still couldnt hold on to the weight. When I stepped on the scale for weighins on thursday at noon I weighed 191. Even after weighins carbed even more and I could not put on any weight. It seemd like my body was burning it faster than I could actually eat.

After the show is where all if came from the liquids. What I try to do is drink soda because it fills me up because of the carbonation and I won't end up swelling up because I would drink to much water after the show.

Honestly it didnt take me long to drop back down. I got back on tueday and the show was the following thursday. So from wednesday up til tuesday I dropped the carbs and added peanut butter (organic) ate salmon and steak and egg whites and Isolyze from species and I was back to be lean again. But u ask where am I now. hahaha. bro i can tell you I can barely see my abs. I will take some pics tonight or tomorrow morning and u will see. The majority is water retention.

Doublechesseburgers, yes, why sit here and lie and tell you I eat clean all the time. Now thats only til October. Once october 1st comes then we back to eating clean again. the hamburgers are just to keep the smile on my face bro. From mickie d's.

Once my video comes out next year you will see. Nothing willbe left out. absolutely nothing!!!!

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2008, 08:22:50 PM »
AAAWWW dont get it get to confused with the weight. Alot of it was water I can tell you now. Let's go back a bit. Sunday before weigh ins at the team u, when I got off the plane in new york went to the hotel weighed myself I was 202, the same as when I left san diego. The next couple of days I started to up my carbs and drop the water. Trust me when I say this I was eating like a damn pig in the hotel room at least every hour and half to 2 hours around the clock. boiled chicken breast in distilled water oatmeal, brown rice pasta, egg whites, white rice and still couldnt hold on to the weight. When I stepped on the scale for weighins on thursday at noon I weighed 191. Even after weighins carbed even more and I could not put on any weight. It seemd like my body was burning it faster than I could actually eat.

After the show is where all if came from the liquids. What I try to do is drink soda because it fills me up because of the carbonation and I won't end up swelling up because I would drink to much water after the show.

Honestly it didnt take me long to drop back down. I got back on tueday and the show was the following thursday. So from wednesday up til tuesday I dropped the carbs and added peanut butter (organic) ate salmon and steak and egg whites and Isolyze from species and I was back to be lean again. But u ask where am I now. hahaha. bro i can tell you I can barely see my abs. I will take some pics tonight or tomorrow morning and u will see. The majority is water retention.

Doublechesseburgers, yes, why sit here and lie and tell you I eat clean all the time. Now thats only til October. Once october 1st comes then we back to eating clean again. the hamburgers are just to keep the smile on my face bro. From mickie d's.

Once my video comes out next year you will see. Nothing willbe left out. absolutely nothing!!!!

dude if it takes double cheeseburgers to make u happy then damn well u need double cheeseburgers. I know how u feel about not being able to see your abs.

I had a full blown six pack on saturday night, then monday morning when i woke up, my hands and face were swollen like ive never seen before. Now today, everything is better, still not where it should be, but im dropping the water slowly.

Hey and get an apple pie for me at mcdonalds next time ur there! :)

KiyoshiMoody

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2008, 08:49:00 PM »
gotcha on this one bro actually heading there right now. late night snack. lol. apple pies 2 for a dollar!!!! ;D

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2008, 10:53:08 PM »
gotcha on this one bro actually heading there right now. late night snack. lol. apple pies 2 for a dollar!!!! ;D

your a beast. Id look like a pig if i ate 2 doublecheeseburgers everyday.

Congrats on being able to do that.

I can barely add carbs without getting fat lol.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2008, 07:42:07 AM »
squat ass to grass for 20 reps,
Hard to believe but very impressive if true.

KiyoshiMoody

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2008, 05:04:58 AM »
Contemplating on competing in the USA's next year before the Team Universe, Can I crack the Top 5? :-\

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2008, 04:41:04 AM »
Hey Bro, sorry it took so long, I had another show in which I competed in this past thursday. So I was getting ready for that one. Ok. Now when people talk about bulking, cutting. To me the case is not to put on fat and get all out of shape with a bulk. Thats ridiculous!! The main thing is to build good quality muscle. Don't just start eating everything you can just for the sake of bulking!!! Make sure you get the right amounts of carbs and proteins  and fats in your diet. rest and train and eat frequently. Why worry about cutting unless your getting ready for a show. Make sure you do proper amounts of cardio. This will help to burn some fat!!!!

Will your body remember what it did before you took the layoff? Yes it will remember. Give yourself a good month of proper training. The thing I did before I started to train again before a long layoff was I started to eat a good amount of proteins and carbs and took alot of glutamine the week before I started training and it helped my body recover alot faster.

i eat alot but pretty clean, i don't put on too much fat bulking, it's just i have some love handles that why i was thinking about dieting down, to have a clean slate. thx alot for the advice

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2008, 04:54:20 AM »
Hard to believe but very impressive if true.
well its definitly true..are you saying it's hard to belive based on the pic i posted?? cause, no i definitly couldnt do that right now. last leg workout i did 225 squat for 10 or 12 reps..i dont remember,thats my absolute max right now.  im gonna update my progress in the pics section in another month.  i dont like to go by the scale, but i started working out a month ago at 200-202 and im 210-212 now,who knows what of that is muscle but i feel a bit bigger,, some decent gains in strength but nothing big..im going to take it easy on lifting heavy if my strength comes back quickly so my tendons/joints can get used to it.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2008, 12:20:32 PM »
Contemplating on competing in the USA's next year before the Team Universe, Can I crack the Top 5? :-\
READ BACK A FEW PGS BRO I SAID U COULD ,U MUST HAVE BEEN ON A LOW CARB DAY AND WOOZY...YES I DO.

KiyoshiMoody

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2008, 04:50:17 PM »

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: October 02, 2008, 08:00:18 PM »
u look good for not training, hows the diet been going?? Arent u doing another show this year?

KiyoshiMoody

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2008, 07:34:17 PM »
Thanks,, I am still debating on whether to do another show or not which is nov 8th. I have one more day to decide if I'm going to compete again this year. I will know in the next 24 hours

KiyoshiMoody

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2008, 02:38:51 PM »
Well I've been contemplating in competing in one more show this year. The Natural Olympia in the ABA/INBA/PNBA, in which my good friend Phillip Ricardo is competing in. He competed in the Team Universe back in 2006 in which he took 5th in the LHW He also won this show last year in the Pro Division. The last time we competed against each other was back in 98 in which I won the overall, since then he has competed in numerous organization. I have made the decision not to compete in this years Natural Olympia due to the fact of some injuries that occured and my body is just plan tired and also I can take time to improve on the bodyparts I need to work and spend a good time with my little girl!!! So it's officially offseason for me. I wish my boy Rico the best of luck at the Natural O on Nov 8th. I will be keeping a daily journal on my blog. Daily activities, whats going on, whats coming up, my daily diet whether good of bad, Also my training. so stay tuned it will start tomorrow.

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: October 13, 2008, 02:42:40 AM »
This guy loves test. suspension, slin and hgh  ;D

Funny to see him thinking all getbiggers are mentally challenged.