Author Topic: UNREAL!!! Driver Arrested for having empty compartment in his car  (Read 656 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
No drugs necessary: Driver arrested for having empty compartment

Civil libertarians are criticizing Ohio police for arresting a driver because his car contained a compartment that could theoretically store illegal drugs, though no drugs were found at that time.

The driver, 30-year-old Norman Gurley of Michigan, was pulled over for speeding. A highway patrolman noticed wires running to a secret compartment in the car and arrested Gurley, even though there were no drugs in the compartment. The officer also claimed he smelled marijuana in the compartment — giving him probable cause to search it — though none was ultimately discovered.

It makes no difference whether police find drugs or not, according to a new Ohio law that prohibits secret compartments.

“No person shall knowingly operate, possess, or use a vehicle with a hidden compartment with knowledge that the hidden compartment is used or intended to be used to facilitate the unlawful concealment or transportation of a controlled substance,” the law states.

Gurley is actually the first person to be arrested under the law. A police spokesperson praised the arrest, noting that even one fewer drug “trap” car on the streets was a positive thing and downplaying the fact that Gurley didn’t have any drugs.

“We apparently caught them between runs, so to speak, so this takes away one tool they have in their illegal trade,” said Lt. Michael Combs in a statement to local news. “The law does help us and is on our side.”

It’s a justification that rings hollow to John Whitehead, president of civil liberties group the Rutherford Institute.

“Although Norman Gurley had no drugs on his person, nor in his car, nor could it be proven that he intended to conceal drugs, he was still arrested for the ‘crime’ of having a hidden compartment in the trunk of his car,” he wrote. “This is what a world without the Fourth Amendment looks like.”

Ohio State Highway Patrol did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/30/driver-arrested-for-having-empty-compartment-that-could-store-drugs/

UNREAL!!!  ::)
w

falco

• Getbig V
Re: UNREAL!!! Driver Arrested for having empty compartment in his car
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 03:30:00 AM »
It is not unreal, it's the future.

P O L I C E    S T A T E.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 02:30:33 PM »
It is not unreal, it's the future.

P O L I C E    S T A T E.

Hate to break it to you, but the future is already here.  :-\
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 02:36:11 PM »
You know what this means don't you?

The next time you get pulled over, you better have a doughnut in your mouth, and a tampon in your...

This doesn't apply to 333386. No amount of doughnuts or tampons will help him.
If his GetBig posts don't get him arrested, ...that empty space in his skull will.  ;D    :-*   j/k
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 02:39:23 PM »
yeah, and we are in ww3 too right?   ::)

Let's not let facts get in the way of Fantasy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_state

The inhabitants of a police state experience restrictions on their mobility, and on their freedom to express or communicate political or other views, which are subject to police monitoring or enforcement. Political control may be exerted by means of a secret police force which operates outside the boundaries normally imposed by a constitutional state.[1]

Restrictions on mobility?  NO, i can drive and fly anywhere i want to.

Express political or other views?   All day long!  lol

Secret police  exerting force via political control free from the judicial oversight?  NO

Hope you use knee pads, because as the years add up.....     lol

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 03:09:39 PM »
yeah, and we are in ww3 too right?   ::)

Yep.. smack dab in the middle of a global currency war with all parties racing for the bottom

Let's not let facts get in the way of Fantasy.

Yet that seems to be what you are clearly doing ???

From your own citation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_state

The inhabitants of a police state experience restrictions on their mobility, and on their freedom to express or communicate political or other views, which are subject to police monitoring or enforcement. Political control may be exerted by means of a secret police force which operates outside the boundaries normally imposed by a constitutional state.[1]

Restrictions on mobility?  NO, i can drive and fly anywhere i want to.

Area 51? You can't fly to Cuba, ...and if you have any outstanding back taxes, good luck flying anywhere.

Express political or other views?   All day long!  lol

The right to free speech doesn't exist in the presence of politicians whether you know they're in the area or not

Secret police  exerting force via political control free from the judicial oversight?  NO

You say NO like you've never heard of the CIA, OSS, NSA, or any of its predecessors.
You say that like you're unaware that the POTUS can order anyone killed at any time.

Hope you use knee pads, because as the years add up.....     lol

Looks to me it will be Americans on their knees in quite short order.  :'(

I guess you've never heard of "DROPOUTJEEP" or the social media teams hired to do nothing all day except troll social media and web forums either. Perhaps you're one of them.  :-\
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 03:36:12 PM »
Yep.. smack dab in the middle of a global currency war with all parties racing for the bottom

A Global Currency war is NOT WW3.  Another pathetic attempt to defend your lame fear propaganda.

Yet that seems to be what you are clearly doing ???
From your own citation:

Area 51? You can't fly to Cuba, ...and if you have any outstanding back taxes, good luck flying anywhere.

those are the only 2 things you can bring up up to support your charge that we don't have free mobility?  

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAJHAHAHHH HAHAHAHAH

We also can't just freely go onto a military base, a prison, etc.   So besides Cuba by your definition (which as usual is completely retarded) Canada is a police state.

The right to free speech doesn't exist in the presence of politicians whether you know they're in the area or not

Yeah it does all day long.  

You say NO like you've never heard of the CIA, OSS, NSA, or any of its predecessors.

they don't run rough shot over US citizens without Judical oversight and representation IN the USA.
You say that like you're unaware that the POTUS can order anyone killed at any time.
Not IN the US.

Looks to me it will be Americans on their knees in quite short order.  :'(
Looks like your knees are black from years of playing for it and never seeing it.  Must be frustrating huh Jags?  going from article to article site to site seeing story after story of America's impending doom and it NEVER HAPPENING FOR YEARS.  

You are kind of like arguing with a Fundy that way.  funny lol.
I guess you've never heard of "DROPOUTJEEP" or the social media teams hired to do nothing all day except troll social media and web forums either. Perhaps you're one of them.  :-\

Doesn't define us a a police state.

Tell ya what JAG why don't go peddle your fear bull shit elsewhere.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 04:53:13 PM »
I'd tell you to go kiss my Maple Leaf, but your lips aren't worthy of getting within 50 miles of it.
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 05:54:29 PM »
I'd tell you to go kiss my Maple Leaf, but your lips aren't worthy of getting within 50 miles of it.

Once again Jags unable to construct a legit argument. 

"You can't go to Cuba or area 51"  that's your restricted mobility!    Hehehehehehehe