Author Topic: how much should i be taking in?  (Read 1235 times)

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
how much should i be taking in?
« on: July 03, 2006, 11:40:40 AM »
i weight 206 as of this morning and i've been taking in about 120-180 grams of protien a day..i didnt think i'd really honeslty need at least one gram per pound of body fat...

but i'm not gaining anymore size..

thinking i should up it? a guy that's been in the gym with me alot lately says i need to be taking in 300 grams a day! that's almost impossible if you're not eating nonstop! i'm trying ot make it reasonable! 4-5 meals a day...300 grams? is it really what i need?

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Re: how much should i be taking in?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 10:58:30 PM »
I get about that...im around 225...i've never really found it hard to get that much.
bodybuildersreality.com

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 03:50:47 PM »
If you're not gaining any more size and if more size is what you want, then you are going to have to eat more...pretty simple really. As far as 300g of protein per day, I'm not saying that is how much you need, but just to clarify, you do not have to eat non stop to get that much protein, yes, several meals are required, but that is something you should be dong anyway.

dookie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 04:33:34 PM »
i weight 206 as of this morning and i've been taking in about 120-180 grams of protien a day..i didnt think i'd really honeslty need at least one gram per pound of body fat...

thinking i should up it? a guy that's been in the gym with me alot lately says i need to be taking in 300 grams a day! that's almost impossible if you're not eating nonstop! i'm trying ot make it reasonable! 4-5 meals a day...300 grams? is it really what i need?

no 300g is not what you need.  1g of protein per lbs of body weight will do.  now your going to hear about this 1lb of lean mass,blah blah....just take in 200g a day.  if your taking in 4-5 meals, you should be able to get 120-150 grams of protein already.  just supplement the rest with a protein shake.

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 09:47:57 AM »
Im 245 at 6 foot i get 245 easily during the day.  Take a few protein shakes a day.  Thats protein not weight gainer.  A simple whey protein is fine.  Make sure you read the label on how much each scoop gives you.  The protein I use I take two scoops a serving about 3 times a day 50 grams.  Plus my food.

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 12:51:18 PM »
yeah i'm thinking of just upping my scoops per shake eat time to 3 instead of two..that alone would put them close to 70 grams each...i usually eat a package or two of lunch meat and dinner  and a snakc before lifting...

so yeah..4-5 meals a day i might be able to pull it. but you guys that are around the weight i'm looking for...you're taking in one gram per pound of body weight to stay there?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 08:18:04 AM »

300 grams of protein sounds like a good place to start. Remember, at the moment, YOU ARE NOT GROWING. Therefore, you need to increase your caloric and protein consumption, until you do. If 250 grams of protein re-stimulates the gains, then go with that, until it stops. If that amount still doesn't work, go to 300 grams.

In the event that 300 grams doesn't work (you guessed it), GO EVEN HIGHER. Eat/drink the calories and protein you need to get it done. But, make sure all other factors (training frequency, amount of sleep, etc.) are consistent. This will help you get a better feel for the amount of food you need to consume.