Author Topic: training twice a day  (Read 5862 times)

no surrender

• Getbig I
training twice a day
« on: July 09, 2012, 07:38:21 PM »
Anyone u guys try training twice a day. if your lookin for some serious gains on size and strength give it a try.
Im currently on a split of chest arms/legs take two off then i'll train back arms/ shoulders traps and tris  and another two off         

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: training twice a day
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 07:41:38 PM »
Hi Bluto.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 06:56:13 AM »

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 11:52:21 AM »
I'm thinking about trying this.  I just don't have enough energy to train more than one bodypart per workout so I'm thinking about training twice a day for a couple days a week so that I get some whole days off.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 12:07:06 PM »
CNS wise, very few can recover from this type of training. A post workout nap with 9hrs at night will be a must.
?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 12:32:28 AM »
Not the greatest idea unless you do very low volume and brief workouts.....unless of course you are on the juice.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 05:26:11 AM »
Not the greatest idea unless you do very low volume and brief workouts.....unless of course you are on the juice.

this

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 06:50:40 AM »
Got a buddy that splits his bodyparts into twice daily workouts when he's "on" but when he's"off" he trains once a day like normal people.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 12:06:22 PM »
Anyone u guys try training twice a day. if your lookin for some serious gains on size and strength give it a try.
Im currently on a split of chest arms/legs take two off then i'll train back arms/ shoulders traps and tris  and another two off         
gotta be on major juice to do this, not for the normal person.  ;D
F

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 07:26:02 PM »
Juice, lighter weights, and being under 30. If you don't have one or more of these, it's not a good idea.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 10:01:59 AM »
well training twice a Day was introduced from that old fart Joe Weider. Not a good thing to do unless you believe the Muscle Mags from Weider ...

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 10:57:40 AM »
Training once a day is plenty.....imho

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2012, 11:16:27 AM »
Training once a day is plenty.....imho
Intensity and not training twice a Day. I train intensive and after it i know my body needs a rest. The so called "Weider Double Split " came in when he was promoting Roid Freaks like Arnold...the so called Golden age of Bodybuilding. Truth is Weider cashed in on every young mans Dreams and promoted his "Weider Principles"...Guys like Reeves,Park ,Ross ..were training like this before Weider cashed in on the whole scene.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2012, 12:22:46 PM »
 ;D he just categorized everything called them the weider principles and profited immensly from it. not that theirs anything wrong with that.
F

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2012, 01:32:51 PM »
I think Weider controlled too much and his Brother Ben a guy who loved Napoleon...what a dick.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 03:40:00 PM »
Regardless of anyone's opinions on Joe, he did capitalize on things that no one else was either smart enough, or otherwise capable of capitalizing on themselves.

As mentioned, others had the knowledge and recognition. The Weiders seized the most opportunities and made the most of them.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2012, 10:26:02 AM »
Training twice a day (or more) has been a very successful protocol for many, many men, including very top level athletes. The trick is not to make any one workout overwhelming hard, that recovery is slowed or stopped all together. The CNS needs to be stimulated, but not over taxed. On any rep, of any set, the point of failure (either momentary, temporary or complete) is never approached. Usually staying at least 2 reps away from any of those points. These workouts are kept brief and to the point. Want to encourage muscle/strength growth and not try to force it.

Can train the same body part or opposite body parts twice within a single day. Though some find favor with working the same body part that day. Like benches in the morning and dips or inclines in the afternoon (remembering to never approach the point of failure). Olympic lifters have been known to train 3 to 4 times in a single day. I have heard of 5 times a day, but can't confirm that.

From personal experience, when in college and doing off season weight training, we all did twice a days in the weight room. And with exceptional results, in muscle and strength gains. Some of the best gains of my life. Good Luck

Side Bar:  Never a drastic need for drugs if you use common sense and have a workable knowledge of your training and how the body reacts to certain methods of training. If your just lifting heavy stuff without any specif plan of how to workout, your just wasting time.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2012, 07:47:16 AM »
I've been on twice a day for almost two months now. Weights for 45-60 minutes in the morning, two days on one off schedule. One muscle group every seven days. Cardio at night for 30 minutes after work. Days off from weights I'm doing 30 minutes cardio in the morning and 30 minutes cardio at night.
how are your results with this program after 2 monthes? weight wise yours and the exercise poundages themselves increase or decrease.
F