Author Topic: Calling out Delusional Liberal  (Read 13022 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Calling out Delusional Liberal
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2006, 08:44:14 PM »
That is certainly why we stopped attacking Iraqi troops leaving Kuwait.  But based on his record of defiance, his blatant disregard for our overwhelming victory in southern Iraq, and his determination to win even at the cost of thousands of his own troops most military strategists at the time agreed it was VERY necessary to go to Baghdad.  And here we are, cleaning up an old mess.

Cheney?  Yeah, he definitely wasn't VP at the time. 

And we didn't go because the UN said so.  We went on our own accord.  And rightfully so.

Cheney was Defense Sec. at the time.  

I'm not sure what we should have done.  In hindsight, I can definitely see an argument for going into Bagdad in 1990.  

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2006, 08:49:37 PM »
So then ... please tell us all how that isn't perfectly possible?  I can't wait to hear this.

Shall I run down the list of nations whose citizens are innocent and living under a brutal dictator? Do you really want me to do that?

By the way, how many of those innocent people from other nations is Bush trying to help?

If you want to be a sheep and believe what Bush has fed you then go ahead, but don't be such an asshole when someone doesn't agree.

I would venture to say the war in Iraq had more to do with taking care of what Bush's father couldn't take care of than it did in saving innocent Iraqi's. I wouldn't doubt it if our current President isn't even aware of their plight now nevermind before the war started.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2006, 08:54:11 PM »
No offense but you didn't answer my question. I asked what you thought not was Bush was thinking.

I agree some good things are happening but many many many questions remain about how and why some of those good things are happening.

True

For instance, who is doing the building and who is profitting from it? How were the contracts granted? Those questions are just a couple of the many that linger.

Bush is definitely playing favorites as far as the contracts he granting.  However, after seeing the kind of quality work we've gotten from the lowest bidder first hand I can see why he would pick and choose without the first priority being regards to cost.  You still get what you pay for even at the Nat'l level.

The by product of this war might be that some Iraqi's are helped but in no way, shape or form do I believe that was any motivation for Bush in starting this way.

You believe?  You say that you have no idea what kinds of things have been happining at his level and yet you assume his intentions are bad? you assume he didn't try to help the Iraqi people?  It's fine to believe whatever.  But it seems really presumptuous to believe he didn't even have a shred of compassion for these people as at least part of his motivation.

The war in Afghanistan is a different beast entirely and not analogous to Iraq in my opinion. I agreed with that war because of the direct evidence between the Taliban and the terrorists.

Agreed.... glad to see you're on the level with that one.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2006, 08:57:33 PM »
Shall I run down the list of nations whose citizens are innocent and living under a brutal dictator? Do you really want me to do that?

Yes, but they have to be nations where we have an excellent opportunity and capability to remove that dictator (like Iraq).

By the way, how many of those innocent people from other nations is Bush trying to help?

We'll see depending on the nation and the course chosen after we're through with Iraq.

If you want to be a sheep and believe what Bush has fed you then go ahead, but don't be such an asshole when someone doesn't agree.

Isn't this what you're doing?  Being an asshole and not even considering the possibilty that he had good intentions?  Yeah, it is.

I would venture to say the war in Iraq had more to do with taking care of what Bush's father couldn't take care of than it did in saving innocent Iraqi's. I wouldn't doubt it if our current President isn't even aware of their plight now nevermind before the war started.

Ignorance and speculation... great help to the forefront of knowledge.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2006, 09:14:31 PM »
You have to be kidding me... I thought bulldog was Israeli or something with that avatar.  You're American :-\

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2006, 09:22:14 PM »

The forefront of knowledge? What do my opinions on our President's motives have to do with the forefront of knowledge? We're not debating Darwin's Theory of Evolution, this is all speculation on what was on another man's mind.

Are you absolutely positive the score was 136 and not 36?

I did consider that Bush might have had the Iraqi people as a motivation but I dismissed it. In essence you're right though, I was doing the same thing you were. I'm sorry.

As for your wait and see attitude I don't think for a second we're going to help other innocents around the world unless it fits into our agenda. Our collective might is such that I don't think we would not be able to topple any dictator we wanted with the exception of North Korea. I just don't think helping is the agenda.

Politics is a cold and brutal business and Bush isn't in it to help innocent people. I doubt any President other than President Carter truly cared about people and was interested in helping them. In my opinion that apathy is par for the course.