Author Topic: John Organ: NPC Promoter and Judge: RIP 05-20-08  (Read 1935 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
John Organ: NPC Promoter and Judge: RIP 05-20-08
« on: May 20, 2008, 08:40:13 PM »
From Shannon of Southern Muscle Plus Magazine.

Southern Muscle Plus was informed this evening May 20, 2008 at 10:30 pm from NPC Central Florida District Chairman Pete Fancher that the well-loved and respected promoter John Organ passed away today.

John, the promoter of the successful Palm Beach Pro-Am and an NPC Judge was a very important member of the NPC Family and was a true friend to the staff of Southern Muscle Plus.

John’s  beloved persona and positive influence to all of the members of the NPC family will be sourly missed.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to John and his family.  The NPC family has lost a true genuine member.

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
Re: John Organ: NPC Promoter and Judge: RIP 05-20-08
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 02:56:47 AM »
wow - sorry to hear this news.  John was a great guy.  RIP.....
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 09:03:49 AM »

To Big John...
?

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 10:08:54 AM »
I just spoke to John's mother a few hours ago. Being he is one of my best friends, I am devastated. I have known him since 1983 and he has always been a great friend to me. Apparently he had a heart attack. We had just gone to see Ironman a week or so ago together. He was a huge comic book fan and had a great collection. Our ritual was always to go see films like the Hulk, Spiderman, X-men together. Also, he was good friends with one of the owners of a Music venue here in West palm Beach, so whenever there was a great Rock show, he'd always get me great seats, usually front row.

He was a judge in several of the bodybuilding shows I used to compete in and he was now promoting The Palm Beach Pro show the last few years which was pro fitness, figure and bodybuilding (IFBB). He was just a great guy, had a cool Rottweiler dog, was a personal trainer at Ultima Fitness and I would imagine anyone who knew him probably liked him. I'm a film maker and he helped me write a great barbarian Script. (He's has a huge Conan comic collection) and he's friends with Gunther and Roland Kickinger. We've had lunch with both Roland and Gunther and they liked the idea of being in it. Also we wanted Ralph Mueller to be in it. If I can get some funding for this film, it will definitely happen.  You were a great friend, John. I'll miss you.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 12:13:46 PM »
John was a good dude, always easy going and put on a great show in West Palm Beach. I last talked to him at the Arnold and he was his usual upbeat self.

Rest in Peace my friend.

http://www.hardbody.com/news/2008/05/20/rest-in-peace-john-organ/

Elevate Your Image.™

Rammer

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 02:30:00 PM »
Thanks for all the first place votes John.  You will be missed, RIP.

Moosejay

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 03:16:04 PM »
I just spoke to John's mother a few hours ago. Being he is one of my best friends, I am devastated. I have known him since 1983 and he has always been a great friend to me. Apparently he had a heart attack. We had just gone to see Ironman a week or so ago together. He was a huge comic book fan and had a great collection. Our ritual was always to go see films like the Hulk, Spiderman, X-men together. Also, he was good friends with one of the owners of a Music venue here in West palm Beach, so whenever there was a great Rock show, he'd always get me great seats, usually front row. He was a judge in several of the bodybuilding shows I used to compete in and he was now promoting The Palm Beach Pro show the last few years which was pro fitness, figure and bodybuilding (IFBB). He was just a great guy, had a cool Rottweiler dog, was a personal trainer at Ultima Fitness and I would imagine anyone who knew him probably liked him. I'm a film maker and he helped me write a great barbarian Script. (He's has a huge Conan comic collection) and he's friends with Gunther and Roland Kickinger. We've had lunch with both Roland and Gunther and they liked the idea of being in it. Also we wanted Ralph Mueller to be in it. If I can get some funding for this film, it will definitely happen.  You were a great friend, John. I'll miss you.

Damn Chem, that sucks.

Sounds like he was indeed a great one.

I am a big comic book guy, too. Got Spiderman #1 for 25 cents at a flea market when I was 14. One of my best friends is Marvel Artist Ron Garney.

Best regards to your friend and his family. How old was he? I am assuming he was pretty young...

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 05:03:11 PM »
Damn Chem, that sucks.

Sounds like he was indeed a great one.

I am a big comic book guy, too. Got Spiderman #1 for 25 cents at a flea market when I was 14. One of my best friends is Marvel Artist Ron Garney.

Best regards to your friend and his family. How old was he? I am assuming he was pretty young...
He was either 48 or 49. Thanks for your regards.  He had a great personality and I'm sure you would have liked him. That's cool you're into comics as well.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 07:01:22 PM »
49 and obituary reads died of cardiac arrest.

More info and funeral arrangements:
http://www.hardbody.com/news/2008/05/21/john-p-organ-obiturary-funeral-arrangements/
Elevate Your Image.™

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 08:45:20 AM »

Man, this is just terrible.

Sorry for your loss, Chem. 

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 09:26:09 AM »
Man, this is just terrible.

Sorry for your loss, Chem. 

Thank you. I appreciate it. It's so strange. I just spoke to him on Sunday. Now, in a couple of days he's going to be laid out at a funeral home. He had a bit of a diabetic condition the last year or so, but never showed any signs of a heart condition. He just must have had a massive heart attack.

Moosejay

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 11:42:51 AM »
Chem...my best freind's dad just died not even one week ago.sudden and with no warning..he used to drive us to school every day when I was a kid. It was surreal...man, hope you get thru it ok.

Mike

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 12:57:30 PM »
Chem...my best freind's dad just died not even one week ago.sudden and with no warning..he used to drive us to school every day when I was a kid. It was surreal...man, hope you get thru it ok.

Mike

Thanks. Sorry to hear about your friend's dad.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 11:05:25 PM »
49 and obituary reads died of cardiac arrest.

More info and funeral arrangements:
http://www.hardbody.com/news/2008/05/21/john-p-organ-obiturary-funeral-arrangements/
Never met or heard of the guy, but that's far too young.  :( Of course, none of us know the moment we will take our last breath.
My condolences.
!

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2008, 08:36:52 AM »
Never met or heard of the guy, but that's far too young.  :( Of course, none of us know the moment we will take our last breath.
My condolences.
Thanks. Going to the funeral tommorow. Not looking forward to seeing him in the coffin. I've seen a lot of this. Years ago, lost both my brothers and my Mom. Last year, the closest person in my life got stomach cancer and died 2 months later after diagnosis. Kind of puts things in perspective, so I try to appreciate everything I have and enjoy each day and honor the important people in my life.

Moosejay

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2008, 03:26:32 AM »
Thanks. Going to the funeral tommorow. Not looking forward to seeing him in the coffin. I've seen a lot of this. Years ago, lost both my brothers and my Mom. Last year, the closest person in my life got stomach cancer and died 2 months later after diagnosis. Kind of puts things in perspective, so I try to appreciate everything I have and enjoy each day and honor the important people in my life.

Jeez...that is unreal. Sorry man.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2008, 07:41:21 AM »
Jeez...that is unreal. Sorry man.
Yes, ChemistV2, you have suffered a great deal. I know I could not survive that without a belief in a higher power (God)to get through it all.

Funerals are always devastating to me...I admit to being a wimp and do not attend in most cases unless I have to go to support other family members get through the service. Seeing someone I know in love in a coffin and other weeping family...its tough.

Cherish every day people. You can be 25 years old and be wiped out tomorrow.
!

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2008, 09:27:03 AM »
Yes, ChemistV2, you have suffered a great deal. I know I could not survive that without a belief in a higher power (God)to get through it all.

Funerals are always devastating to me...I admit to being a wimp and do not attend in most cases unless I have to go to support other family members get through the service. Seeing someone I know in love in a coffin and other weeping family...its tough.

Thanks Benny. It was actually a nice service, no coffins or anything. Just a lot of friends getting up to talk about him and pay tribute. Wasn't too depressing an affair. Just going to miss having my buddy to hang out with.

Moosejay

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2008, 01:03:54 PM »

I strongly agree.