Author Topic: FitFlops  (Read 5694 times)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
FitFlops
« on: March 25, 2008, 10:55:14 AM »
MODS: Feel Free to Move this to the Training Board if you feel it would be more appropriate      ;D

http://www.thefitflop.com/

7 REASONS WHY EVERYBODY IS WEARING FITFLOPS:

1. FitFlop midsoles incorporate patent-pending micro-wobbleboardTM technology, to give you a workout while you walk. Developed by Darren James and Dr David Cook at LSBU, the FitFlop's unique safely -tapered midsole places varying densities of EVA under your feet each time you step, to challenge the support and balance muscles of the foot and leg.

2. They challenge hard to reach muscles more. FitFlops are engineered with a multi-density midsole that stimulates your muscles more while you're wearing them. In independent University testing, FitFlops have been shown to trigger increase gluteal muscle response, increased hamstring response, increase rectus femoris (thigh) response and increased calf muscle response .

3. Every step you take in your FitFlops helps tone and trim your legs: Studies at Salford University by Dr. Philip Graham-Smith and Richard Jones have shown that the FitFlop midsole extends the amount of time that the slow twitch* muscles are engaged during each step (by approximately 10-12%). So just by wearing a pair of FitFlops you'll get more exercise while doing just exactly what you're normally doing. (*slow twitch muscles produce energy by converting fats into energy aerobically)

4. FitFlops work your bum muscles more. FitFlops have been clinically proven to increase the amount of time that the gluteus maximus muscle is 'activated' during every single step.

5. FitFlops have been shown to have a significant effect on the toning muscles of your thighs: The rectus femoris muscle (one of the large muscles in the group of muscles in your thigh) is activated for a longer period of time while walking in FitFlops than while normally shod or barefoot.

6. Walking in FitFlops is like walking barefoot, but a little bit better. According to a study done at the University of Salford in Manchester, UK, the FitFlop wearer's gait is very similar to that of a barefoot walker, but the added cushion provided by the EVA midsole helps reduce joint strain and absorb shock. In fact, several FitFlop wearers have already reported relief from back pain after a few days of wearing them.

7. FitFlops make it easier to stay in shape. Just throw them on while you're running errands, walking to work, or working around your house. Most first-time FitFlop wearers report feeling their muscles working more, while 'fitter' wearers feedback has been more toward great comfort and cushion. One woman reported feeling like she'd had a 'bum-blasting' workout after a half an hour of FitFlop-shod walking.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Re: FitFlops
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 10:59:47 AM »
~f~,

Why can't you just wear combat boots like all the serious people do?! :)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 11:07:53 AM »
~f~,

Why can't you just wear combat boots like all the serious people do?! :)

are they going to:

"trigger increase gluteal muscle response, increased hamstring response, increase rectus femoris (thigh) response and increased calf muscle response"

like FitFlops will?

Actually I do wear combat bootish style boots and I love them.
   :)

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 11:25:05 AM »

are they going to:

"trigger increase gluteal muscle response, increased hamstring response, increase rectus femoris (thigh) response and increased calf muscle response"

like FitFlops will?

Actually I do wear combat bootish style boots and I love them.
   :)

All those "FitFlops" will do are make someone rich more money and let morbidly obese people think changing shoes will help lose weight. :)

I do commend you on the combatish boots... they let everyone know how serious you are.

Still haven't made it out to annoy you. Just been too stinking busy except for the past few days off. Tried getting into RGH for a while and they didn't have room. :'( I'm gonna have some friends look around and see if they have a hook-up and can call in a favor. If all else fails I'll go annoy Juni for a few months and give you a break but I'm not gonna be anywhere close to Roch during the winter. Summer and fall wouldn't suck too bad because I have a few relatives in roch but I'm not shoveling snow for anyone.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 12:09:23 PM »
All those "FitFlops" will do are make someone rich more money and let morbidly obese people think changing shoes will help lose weight. :)

I do commend you on the combatish boots... they let everyone know how serious you are.

Still haven't made it out to annoy you. Just been too stinking busy except for the past few days off. Tried getting into RGH for a while and they didn't have room. :'( I'm gonna have some friends look around and see if they have a hook-up and can call in a favor. If all else fails I'll go annoy Juni for a few months and give you a break but I'm not gonna be anywhere close to Roch during the winter. Summer and fall wouldn't suck too bad because I have a few relatives in roch but I'm not shoveling snow for anyone.

I like the boots because they are comfortable!  They are actually more like a work boot but above the ankle and slight heel, shit kickers!!   I can't find them right now, I went to buy a spare pair of the ones I have in brown but they were out of my size.   :(

Did you try Strong? 

I have only had to use the snow blower 2x.   :)     Did you move your cigars?

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 12:15:16 PM »
here's a pic of my brown one's   ;D

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 01:27:25 PM »

jesus......

you could fit a freakin oak tree in that sucker !

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 02:40:05 PM »
I can't wear "thong" style shoes because they are too uncomfortable between my toes.  I didn't watch the whole video but I have some shoes called "MBTs" that purportedly improve posture and I agree.  Supposedly they help to "tighten" your legs and butt but I don't know about that claim.  ....yet anyway.  They are really comfortable though....the impact from walking seems to be softened.
R

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 03:13:17 PM »

jesus......

you could fit a freakin oak tree in that sucker !

I will have you know that at 5'6" I wear a 6 1/2 shoe!! 

And I bet that could fit up your ass!!
!

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 03:13:43 PM »
why would anyone that goes to the gym (with any kind of frequency) worry about whether shoes or sandals are gonna shape their legs or butt ?

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 03:16:48 PM »
why would anyone that goes to the gym (with any kind of frequency) worry about whether shoes or sandals are gonna shape their legs or butt ?

because you have to walk anyways (unless you are stuck on someone's boot which is up your ass in which case they are probably shoving you) so you might as well get some bonus tightening working!

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 03:19:19 PM »
I will have you know that at 5'6" I wear a 6 1/2 shoe!!  !

and the significance of this information is ????

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 03:27:00 PM »

I like the boots because they are comfortable!  They are actually more like a work boot but above the ankle and slight heel, shit kickers!!   I can't find them right now, I went to buy a spare pair of the ones I have in brown but they were out of my size.   :(

Did you try Strong? 

I have only had to use the snow blower 2x.   :)     Did you move your cigars?

~f~, You've brought up a painful issue, LOL! Some of the cigars have been in Roch since 2000 and I haven't seen them in more than two years when I had lunch at Tom Whals (sp?.). I really don't know what kind of 'tard pays storage on cigars that long. At least if I move to roch we can schedule regular visitation. :) I just can't get out there to see people as regularly as I'd like to. Even more pathetic is I actually had them mail me cigars once.

Strong is a nice place but off limits. Something is up between them and my school and we're not being told what the real deal is. Someone was pushing to get me 12 weeks there and then it all fell through.

Sucks not finding anything in Roch because I'd have a free place to stay and more time with my precious cigars. :'(

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 04:32:09 PM »
here's a pic of my brown one's   ;D

Nothing quite like a pretty red head in mans boots.

Congrats for the must unsexy shoes around flubber >:(
X

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 02:48:36 AM »
It's like the "Original" Dr. Scholls of the 70's/80's.
:D Weee

w8m8

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 04:09:46 AM »
and the significance of this information is ????

she has small feet and it won't hurt that bad going into your rectum  8)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 04:42:29 AM »
she has small feet and it won't hurt that bad going into your rectum  8)

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 04:44:17 AM »
I never liked flipflops on people especially women. There are way better looking shoes/boots that make a female foot look sexy. Personally I think flipflops are only good for the beach.

w8m8

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 04:52:54 AM »
I never liked flipflops on people especially women. There are way better looking shoes/boots that make a female foot look sexy. Personally I think flipflops are only good for the beach.

hiya Playboy  :-*
I can't say I don't like any shoes ,but being a girl I think that comes natural to me .
I adore being barefooted the best , and I think it's sexy too ..  ;)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2008, 05:09:14 AM »
hiya Playboy  :-*
I can't say I don't like any shoes ,but being a girl I think that comes natural to me .
I adore being barefooted the best , and I think it's sexy too ..  ;)
I can live with that  ;)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 05:12:56 AM »
Ok, who here has their second toe (one next to the big toe) longer than the big toe?

Mine are not.  Infact I've been told that it looks like my toes were cut off with a paper cutter at a little angle, lol.   They just slope down from big toe to pinky toe. 
:D Weee

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2008, 05:25:22 AM »
Ok, who here has their second toe (one next to the big toe) longer than the big toe?

Mine are not.  Infact I've been told that it looks like my toes were cut off with a paper cutter at a little angle, lol.   They just slope down from big toe to pinky toe. 
I do. Very slightly but noticable.

w8m8

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2008, 05:28:12 AM »
mine is almost the same length just a little shorter same with the rest
the biggest difference is my pinky toes are more shorter ( not a lot )than the ones next to them

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2008, 08:01:24 AM »
It's like the "Original" Dr. Scholls of the 70's/80's.

You can still get those, I have a pair.  Plus unlike fitflops or flip flops, you can take one of and whump someone on the head!!

I think FitFlops are "unbalanced" so your muscles are constantly working to balance you, where the Dr. Scholls have that toe knob you squeeze?

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2008, 08:02:52 AM »

Mine are angled too, no longer funky toe for me!!