Author Topic: Israel v. Hamas (and Iran)  (Read 5051 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Israel v. Hamas (and Iran)
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2023, 11:15:36 AM »
State Department: 29 US Citizens Dead, 15 Missing After Hamas Attack
14 October 2023
https://www.newsmax.com/us/hamas-terrorist-attacks/2023/10/14/id/1138305/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2023, 12:44:35 PM »
Pentagon sends deployment notices to 2,000 US troops over Israel-Hamas war
By AP
OCTOBER 16, 2023
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/pentagon-sends-deployment-notices-to-2000-us-troops-over-israel-hamas-war/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2023, 10:58:03 AM »
Iran Warns Of 'Pre-emptive Action' Against Israel
By AFP - Agence France Presse
October 16, 2023
https://www.barrons.com/news/iran-warns-of-pre-emptive-action-against-israel-3f056fea

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2023, 11:08:13 PM »
Israel Says Failed Islamic Jihad Rocket Launch Killed Hundreds at Gaza Hospital; Hamas Blames IDF
IDF says audio recording proves Islamic Jihad culpability; Netanyahu accuses 'barbaric terrorists' of responsibility for deaths at al-Ahli hospital
Yaniv Kubovich Ben Samuels The Associated Press Reuters
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2023-10-17/ty-article/hundreds-killed-in-israeli-airstrike-on-gaza-city-hospital-gaza-health-ministry-says/0000018b-3ec5-dcae-afaf-7eff6ef70000

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2023, 11:08:55 AM »
US Deploying Marines Into Middle East to Support Israel
President Joe Biden landed in Israel as the Marines deployed. The United States has also sent Air Force fighter groups to the region.
By Zachary Stieber
10/18/2023
https://www.theepochtimes.com/us/us-deploying-marines-into-middle-east-to-support-israel-5512348?utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=BonginoReport

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2023, 09:58:04 PM »
I know when I am looking for Indepth information about Hamas vs Israel I'm coming to a thread hosted by Dos Equis..   It has to be the end all be all of the conflict.. Still waiting for some really good stuff... I'm sure it's just around the corner

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2023, 09:57:04 AM »
Does anyone have any ideas about how to find a peaceful solution?

3000-4000 People 1/3 of them children have already died in Gaza.

The IDF has bombed the shit out of them and their infrastructure

There are 200 hostages.

Maybe release the hostages with the guarantee that hostilities cease and talks begin?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2023, 10:45:36 AM »
I know when I am looking for Indepth information about Hamas vs Israel I'm coming to a thread hosted by Dos Equis..   It has to be the end all be all of the conflict.. Still waiting for some really good stuff... I'm sure it's just around the corner

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2023, 10:46:04 AM »
Does anyone have any ideas about how to find a peaceful solution?

3000-4000 People 1/3 of them children have already died in Gaza.

The IDF has bombed the shit out of them and their infrastructure

There are 200 hostages.

Maybe release the hostages with the guarantee that hostilities cease and talks begin?

How do you negotiate with terrorists? 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2023, 11:53:07 AM »
How do you negotiate with terrorists?

I'd prefer not to kill more people who are just trying to live as a result.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2023, 11:54:28 AM »

Peace though strength

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2023, 12:11:52 PM »
Peace though strength

That didn't work here.  Those evil crazy fucks decided to lob 3000 missiles at Israel knowing it would result in something like this or worse.  I have to wonder what their end-game strategy is.  I don't know that killing more innocent people is going to work either.  The situation just gets worse and the people who end up paying the real price and innocent families. 

I wonder why there is a pause in the ground invasion.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2023, 03:33:47 PM »

I think the only solution is to kill the terrorists. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2023, 03:39:28 PM »
Those on twitter with both the LBGT flag and a Palestinian one show just how clueless the woke mob is.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2023, 03:41:14 PM »
What are the roots of the Israel-Palestine conflict?
Recent events are the culmination of a decades-long clash in the disputed region of the Middle East
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/18/why-israel-palestine-conflict-history

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2023, 09:50:52 PM »
That didn't work here.  Those evil crazy fucks decided to lob 3000 missiles at Israel knowing it would result in something like this or worse.  I have to wonder what their end-game strategy is.  I don't know that killing more innocent people is going to work either.  The situation just gets worse and the people who end up paying the real price and innocent families. 

I wonder why there is a pause in the ground invasion.

I wonder the same. They had to know Israel would go nuts. And then telling the people in Gaza to stay put after Israel gave a warning to evacuate.. it's like they don't care about their welfare at all.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2023, 07:02:34 AM »
I wonder the same. They had to know Israel would go nuts. And then telling the people in Gaza to stay put after Israel gave a warning to evacuate.. it's like they don't care about their welfare at all.

The IDF is likely going to kill lots of people to discourage this from ever happening again.  This is tragic.  It's easy for people here to sit back in their cozy homes and secure lives and act ideologically citing principles when they aren't getting their homes bombed out, losing loved ones, desperate for food and water, and struggling to keep their families safe. 

I think the IDF hasn't fully begun its invasion of Gaza because it needs to shore up its north and eastern borders from Hezbollah and get its reserve troops fully operational. If Hezbollah attacks I wouldn't be surprised to see us help.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2023, 01:14:56 PM »
Those on twitter with both the LBGT flag and a Palestinian one show just how clueless the woke mob is.

I've been saying this for years.  Leftists are often anti-Christian and pro-Islam, but fail to understand that Islamists literally throw gay people off of buildings with their hands tied behind their backs. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2023, 01:15:23 PM »
Two American hostages released from Gaza, Fox News is told
As of Friday morning, 11 Americans were unaccounted for since beginning of Israel-Hamas war
By Greg Norman , Chris Pandolfo , Trey Yingst Fox News
Published October 20, 2023
https://www.foxnews.com/us/two-american-hostages-released-gaza-fox-news-told

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2023, 02:25:51 PM »

He supports BLM and is anti-semitic. He should be removed from this forum. 
T

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2023, 02:52:28 PM »
He supports BLM and is anti-semitic. He should be removed from this forum.

I don't take him seriously, but there is a place for everyone here.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2023, 03:42:21 PM »
Bunch of savages.

EXCLUSIVE: Israeli morgue worker says horrors inflicted on Hamas's victims are 'worse than the Holocaust' including decapitated pregnant woman and her beheaded unborn child
Shari says the atrocities committed by Hamas are 'worse than the Holocaust'
She and her team spend 12 hours a day cleaning mutilated corpses
Her team has helped identify 800 bodies so far
By NICK FAGGE
UPDATED: 20 October 2023
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12653435/Israeli-morgue-worker-says-horrors-inflicted-Hamass-victims-worse-Holocaust-including-decapitated-pregnant-woman-beheaded-unborn-child.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2023, 10:57:06 AM »
Associated Press Won't Let Reporters Call Hamas a Terrorist Organization
News organization says journalists should refer to its former officemates as 'militants'
Joseph Simonson
October 23, 2023
https://freebeacon.com/media/associated-press-wont-let-reporters-call-hamas-a-terrorist-organization/

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2023, 07:10:58 PM »
Hamas in ‘No Way’ Would Have Invaded Israel under Trump

Hamas’s unprecedented invasion of Israel would in “no way” have transpired under the presidency of Donald Trump, according to world-renowned military historian and professor Dr. Victor Davis Hanson, who also argued that Russia would not have invaded Ukraine and China would not have sent spy balloons over the U.S., as he urged America to take back its international standing.

Speaking on former Deputy Prime Minister of Australia John Anderson’s “Conversations” podcast Wednesday, Dr. Hanson suggested that “to his credit,” former President Donald Trump demonstrated American deterrence and determination through his assassination of Iranian military commander Qasem Soleimani and destruction of the Islamist terror group ISIS.

In response, “Iran did not do anything,” and “there would be no way Hamas was doing this between 2017 and January of 2021,” he argued. “They had a small war, but they never did anything like this.”

According to Hanson, additional countries would have also been deterred under a Trump presidency.

“I don’t think Vladimir Putin would have gone into Ukraine, and I don’t think that China would have sent a balloon,” he said, attributing that to Trump’s reputation for being “unpredictable” and the nations’ conviction it would be a “dangerous thing” to tempt the United States.

And I think we want to get back to that,” he added.

While noting that “Trumpian rhetoric” was not essential, Hanson declared that the former president “set a model” whereby, during his presidency, Tehran was “suddenly” quiet for four years after having perpetually issued threats, and Russia “did not move” in Ukraine.

In addition, he highlighted how President Trump was warned against moves that would unleash mayhem, yet his unyielding approach proved to be most effective:

Everybody said if you move the embassy to Jerusalem, if you say that the Golan Heights shall be Israeli, if you cut off the $700 million to the Palestinians, if you say that you’re not going to give one dime to [the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East] — you can’t do that.

“And he did it all, and nothing happened,” he added. “And that was because we were strong and reliable. And I think we’ll be that way again.”

According to Hanson, if America projects strength, her allies “can be assured that they don’t have to go out on a limb.” That’s the real issue, isn’t it?” he said. “Because when we step back, then Japan and Australia and Taiwan — they’re confronted with a China that’ll say, ‘Look, the United States is in decline, [so] you better cut a deal with us or at least understand that we’re here.’”

He then asserted that the U.S. cannot demand countries lacking the “wherewithal to stand up to these global bullies” do so:

When we step back, we put them in an impossible situation; but when we step up, and we say, “We’re not asking you to be at the front of the steer, but we’re asking all of us to have shared interests and to sacrifice together in deterring these people,” then we’re always surprised how many allies we have.

“I don’t know why we don’t understand that lesson,” he added. “Some presidents understand it, some don’t.”

Hanson, a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution, insisted that one cannot “put allies in a position where they have to profess 110 percent solidarity with the United States when the United States doesn’t believe in itself, and it’s going to put them in jeopardy for that fealty — and that’s just a law of diplomacy.”

“And I think, to our blame, we didn’t understand that. We used to understand it, but we lost that, and I think it will come back again — that we won’t do that again. I’m hoping,” he said.

On Friday, Hanson argued:

The more a bankrupt America appeases the Middle East, sends aid and money, takes in its refugees, and lectures democratic Israel, all the more the Arab world shows contempt, and all the closer we get to a theater-wide war — predicated on the idea that a loud but contemptibly weak America is at the mercy of unstable governments and unhinged throngs.

He also called to:

Vastly increase our defenses, prepare for the worst, return to maximum fossil fuel production, stop importing oil and hatred of America from the Middle East, cease unrestricted immigration and yank visas, enforce our immigration laws—and allow Israel to defend itself from pre-civilizational murderers.

Earlier this month, Hanson accused the Biden administration of bolstering Hamas and its “SS murderers” while calling on Americans to demand “not one more American cent” be transferred to the Palestinians.

The current conflict between Israel and the terrorist Hamas organization follows the latter’s execution of the worst terror attack in Israel’s history on October 7.

The unprecedented attack saw some 2,500 terrorists burst into Israel by land, sea, and air and gun down participants at an outdoor music festival while others went door-to-door hunting, torturing, shooting, and kidnapping Jewish men, women, and children in local towns.

The terrorists also burned homes with families inside while proceeding to murder soldiers and infants alike, all while showering thousands of rockets down on Israeli civilian centers.

The attack has, so far, resulted in more than 1,400 deaths, the vast majority of them civilians, more than 5,300 injured, and at least 222 hostages of all ages taken captive in Gaza, including several Americans.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/10/23/victor-davis-hanson-hamas-in-no-way-would-have-invaded-israel-under-trump/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2023, 11:16:34 PM »
Hamas in ‘No Way’ Would Have Invaded Israel under Trump

Hamas’s unprecedented invasion of Israel would in “no way” have transpired under the presidency of Donald Trump, according to world-renowned military historian and professor Dr. Victor Davis Hanson, who also argued that Russia would not have invaded Ukraine and China would not have sent spy balloons over the U.S., as he urged America to take back its international standing.

Speaking on former Deputy Prime Minister of Australia John Anderson’s “Conversations” podcast Wednesday, Dr. Hanson suggested that “to his credit,” former President Donald Trump demonstrated American deterrence and determination through his assassination of Iranian military commander Qasem Soleimani and destruction of the Islamist terror group ISIS.

In response, “Iran did not do anything,” and “there would be no way Hamas was doing this between 2017 and January of 2021,” he argued. “They had a small war, but they never did anything like this.”

According to Hanson, additional countries would have also been deterred under a Trump presidency.

“I don’t think Vladimir Putin would have gone into Ukraine, and I don’t think that China would have sent a balloon,” he said, attributing that to Trump’s reputation for being “unpredictable” and the nations’ conviction it would be a “dangerous thing” to tempt the United States.

And I think we want to get back to that,” he added.

While noting that “Trumpian rhetoric” was not essential, Hanson declared that the former president “set a model” whereby, during his presidency, Tehran was “suddenly” quiet for four years after having perpetually issued threats, and Russia “did not move” in Ukraine.

In addition, he highlighted how President Trump was warned against moves that would unleash mayhem, yet his unyielding approach proved to be most effective:

Everybody said if you move the embassy to Jerusalem, if you say that the Golan Heights shall be Israeli, if you cut off the $700 million to the Palestinians, if you say that you’re not going to give one dime to [the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East] — you can’t do that.

“And he did it all, and nothing happened,” he added. “And that was because we were strong and reliable. And I think we’ll be that way again.”

According to Hanson, if America projects strength, her allies “can be assured that they don’t have to go out on a limb.” That’s the real issue, isn’t it?” he said. “Because when we step back, then Japan and Australia and Taiwan — they’re confronted with a China that’ll say, ‘Look, the United States is in decline, [so] you better cut a deal with us or at least understand that we’re here.’”

He then asserted that the U.S. cannot demand countries lacking the “wherewithal to stand up to these global bullies” do so:

When we step back, we put them in an impossible situation; but when we step up, and we say, “We’re not asking you to be at the front of the steer, but we’re asking all of us to have shared interests and to sacrifice together in deterring these people,” then we’re always surprised how many allies we have.

“I don’t know why we don’t understand that lesson,” he added. “Some presidents understand it, some don’t.”

Hanson, a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution, insisted that one cannot “put allies in a position where they have to profess 110 percent solidarity with the United States when the United States doesn’t believe in itself, and it’s going to put them in jeopardy for that fealty — and that’s just a law of diplomacy.”

“And I think, to our blame, we didn’t understand that. We used to understand it, but we lost that, and I think it will come back again — that we won’t do that again. I’m hoping,” he said.

On Friday, Hanson argued:

The more a bankrupt America appeases the Middle East, sends aid and money, takes in its refugees, and lectures democratic Israel, all the more the Arab world shows contempt, and all the closer we get to a theater-wide war — predicated on the idea that a loud but contemptibly weak America is at the mercy of unstable governments and unhinged throngs.

He also called to:

Vastly increase our defenses, prepare for the worst, return to maximum fossil fuel production, stop importing oil and hatred of America from the Middle East, cease unrestricted immigration and yank visas, enforce our immigration laws—and allow Israel to defend itself from pre-civilizational murderers.

Earlier this month, Hanson accused the Biden administration of bolstering Hamas and its “SS murderers” while calling on Americans to demand “not one more American cent” be transferred to the Palestinians.

The current conflict between Israel and the terrorist Hamas organization follows the latter’s execution of the worst terror attack in Israel’s history on October 7.

The unprecedented attack saw some 2,500 terrorists burst into Israel by land, sea, and air and gun down participants at an outdoor music festival while others went door-to-door hunting, torturing, shooting, and kidnapping Jewish men, women, and children in local towns.

The terrorists also burned homes with families inside while proceeding to murder soldiers and infants alike, all while showering thousands of rockets down on Israeli civilian centers.

The attack has, so far, resulted in more than 1,400 deaths, the vast majority of them civilians, more than 5,300 injured, and at least 222 hostages of all ages taken captive in Gaza, including several Americans.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/10/23/victor-davis-hanson-hamas-in-no-way-would-have-invaded-israel-under-trump/

I agree.  I don't think Russia would have invaded Ukraine.  Now watch China invade Taiwan.  Elections have worldwide consequences.  We saw the same thing happen when Obama was elected.  Almost singlehandedly destabilized the Middle East.