Author Topic: Flex Lewis - Full Tendon Tear off the Bone  (Read 2795 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Flex Lewis - Full Tendon Tear off the Bone
« on: May 07, 2024, 07:06:58 PM »
From Flex Lewis via Instagram

Well this happened Day 1 of vacation in the Cayman Islands and surgery is tomorrow!!! I refused to let it ruin mine and Alis time, sucking it up in Flex Fashion. Hoping for the best and realizing as soon as the bruising occurred, I knew it was a tear. (The Video was shot on last day)  The MRI confirmed a full tendon tear off the bone.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Re: Flex Lewis - Full Tendon Tear off the Bone
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2024, 07:15:03 PM »
Wow.  I kinda know what he is going through.  Here's to a full and speedy recovery!

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2024, 12:09:33 AM »
What a moron

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2024, 12:12:24 AM »
Bicep, triceps, forearm?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2024, 12:30:35 AM »
What a moron
These guys train too hard.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2024, 12:50:12 AM »
These guys train too hard.

Ive always thought that people who train or workout while on vacation are ridiculous.

I go on several vacations a year but in between those vacations  I never miss a workout and probably maintain my diet around 90%, even "cheat days" are scheduled.

So when I go on vacation it is to thoroughly enjoy myself,  get piss drunk, stay out all night, hangout on the beach all day, steady diet of rum and cokes etc... not to go through a half assed workout while hungover at the hotel gym.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2024, 01:02:20 AM »
He just got done working at the WSM contest w/ Terry Hollands... Thought it was odd he was involved.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6jMbJPOPH8/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2024, 01:08:56 AM »
Ive always thought that people who train or workout while on vacation are ridiculous.

I go on several vacations a year but in between those vacations  I never miss a workout and probably maintain my diet around 90%, even "cheat days" are scheduled.

So when I go on vacation it is to thoroughly enjoy myself,  get piss drunk, stay out all night, hangout on the beach all day, steady diet of rum and cokes etc... not to go through a half assed workout while hungover at the hotel gym.
They think all of their muscle will evaporate if they miss a week of workouts.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2024, 01:28:14 AM »
He doesn't compete anymore and i would assume he isn't planning on having a physical job, so there is no tragedy here.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2024, 01:55:31 AM »
They think all of their muscle will evaporate if they miss a week of workouts.

Exactly. Never again will I step into a gym while on vacation, fvck that sh1t

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2024, 03:43:22 AM »
Many have partial tears but I had a full bicep rupture off the bone. The bicep rolled up in a ball by my delt. I had an MRI but the doc said I don't need an image to tell what happened. The injury effected the strength in my entire arm. They had to sew it back with metal anchors in my forearm. Took almost 6 months to get the strength back in my arm. 4 weeks after the operation I was lifting 2.5 lbs plates to start with that arm.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2024, 03:53:16 AM »
Not only working out on vacation but day one of vacation! What the fuck, he can’t even go 24 hours otherwise his little muscle suit may shrink 5%.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2024, 03:54:16 AM »

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2024, 04:02:14 AM »
I wouldn't assume it happened in the gym. Bodybuilders are always tearing stuff doing mundane things like arguing with an ex with a car door in the way. Flex could have gone water skiing or something and torn it.

With regards to working out on a vacation, I like checking out a local gym or even a hotel gym and trying new machines. Good place to checkout the local booty too. Wouldn't bother with a serious workout or anything, just get the blood moving. Maybe do that twice if I was on a week's long break.

Also I'm past the stage of thinking soreness after a workout is a good thing. Those couple of workouts during a vacation keep the body in check for when I get back into it after the break.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2024, 04:12:41 AM »
I wouldn't assume it happened in the gym. Bodybuilders are always tearing stuff doing mundane things like arguing with an ex with a car door in the way. Flex could have gone water skiing or something and torn it.

With regards to working out on a vacation, I like checking out a local gym or even a hotel gym and trying new machines. Good place to checkout the local booty too. Wouldn't bother with a serious workout or anything, just get the blood going. Maybe do that twice if I was on a week's long break.

Also I'm past the stage of thinking soreness after a workout is a good thing. Those couple of workouts keep during a vacation keep the body in check for when I get back into it after the break.

I always workout on vacation running and checking the local gym. You are right, it's fun trying machines you have never used before. The gym I used last time had a Hammer squat machine, a hip thrust machine and a never seen before machine that had a pad for every direction of your thigh. The last machine mentioned that I have never seen before put a pad in your thigh for adduction, abduction, on top of your knee for knee raises and on back of your thigh for push backs. Nothing like coming back from an early morning workout to go on the beach after.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2024, 04:17:30 AM »

You can write this in your diary

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2024, 04:22:53 AM »
I schedule a break when a vacation comes up.

It's a good time to recuperate and deload.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2024, 05:58:32 AM »
swim in the pool sit in the sun and relax FFS, its a holiday

I know people who only book hotels with gyms

Fucking idiots

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2024, 05:59:19 AM »

Play stupid games… win stupid prizes. ::)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2024, 06:04:32 AM »
I schedule a break when a vacation comes up.

It's a good time to recuperate and deload.

I said the same thing the other day.

However, the context of the vacation matters, and a couple years ago I found a garage gym in Florida that I enjoyed training at as much as I enjoyed the vacation - all open air, outdoor turf, etc.  Was great.
Y

WrongAdvices

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2024, 06:09:24 AM »
What was torn, biceps?  Get this man an Achilles tendon and he'll be good as new.  No rush, 20 years is fine.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2024, 06:10:43 AM »

This

WoooSHHHHHHH

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2024, 06:43:54 AM »
Meat that falls off the bone baby back ribs style

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2024, 08:10:37 AM »
How the ever-living shit does something like this even happen?

Steroids, that’s how.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2024, 08:30:16 AM »
How the ever-living shit does something like this even happen?

Steroids, that’s how.

True it makes it much more likely. However, and I haven't checked data, biceps tears don't seem that uncommon in the general population. I was surprised to hear that many people knew someone who had this happen. Regular folks. Most aren't even recommended surgery even with a full tear which is what I had, I was discouraged too.

I tore mine lifting a welding machine with my moddle finger, there was like a loop at the bottom, over a door sill. And I've been paranoid about this exact injury for like 25 years.

Achilles tears don't seem that uncommon either, everyone seems to know someone.
4 weeks after the operation I was lifting 2.5 lbs plates to start with that arm.

My surgeon was mad because I was rehabbing with too light weights, said at 12 weeks post op I was supposed to be back at full strength. "But I thought I was supposed to be careful?" "No we are not aiming at getting back some function, we are aiming at getting back full strength. As long as you don't yank the weights you are fine." Now at 2 years post I'm not back at full strength still, but that's just because I haven't been training enough.