Author Topic: Obama says Palestine must be based on 1967 borders  (Read 26831 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Obama says Palestine must be based on 1967 borders
« Reply #275 on: May 24, 2011, 12:20:57 PM »
Judge Obama by the company he keeps.   :-\

Does this apply to repubs as well?  LOL!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #276 on: May 24, 2011, 12:25:29 PM »
Does this apply to repubs as well?  LOL!

You go on with the moral equivalency thing.  That's all you ever do.   ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #277 on: May 24, 2011, 12:56:48 PM »
Palestinians: Netanyahu peace outline unacceptable ("declaration of war...")
Yahoo! News / The Associated Press ^ | May 24, 2011 | Mohammed Daraghmeh

RAMALLAH, West Bank – Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's parameters for a peace deal, outlined in a speech to the U.S. Congress on Tuesday, fell far short of what is needed to resume negotiations, Palestinian officials said.

Nabil Shaath, an aide to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, said Netanyahu's insistence on keeping key parts of the territories the Palestinians want for their state is a "declaration of war against the Palestinians."

Israeli settlers, the Islamic militant Hamas and Netanyahu's moderate parliamentary opposition also expressed criticism.....

(Excerpt) Read more at news.yahoo.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #278 on: May 24, 2011, 01:18:12 PM »
Israeli Prime Minister Gets 29 Standing Ovations in Congress, Sends Message to White House
ABC ^ | 5/24/11

*UPDATE: President Obama got 25 standing ovations from Congress during his 2011 State of the Union address. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu got 29 today.

ORIGINAL POST: Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s speech before a joint meeting of Congress had all trappings of a State of the Union address by a president with sky-high approval ratings.

Speaking to a packed House chamber with Speaker Boehner and Vice President Biden over his shoulders, Netanyahu was repeatedly interrupted by applause – including more than 20 standing ovations.

One of his biggest applause lines was aimed directly at President Obama.

“Israel will not return to the indefensible boundaries of 1967,” Netanyahu said, prompting a big standing ovation.

Later he added: “Israel on the 1967 lines would be only 9 miles wide. So much for defensible borders.”

(snip)

Netanyahu arguably got an warmer reception than President Obama received during his last state of the union and certainly a warmer reception than he’d receive at the Knesset. When the speech was over, he lingered for a while at the podium as it seemed he didn’t want to leave.

(Excerpt) Read more at blogs.abcnews.com ...

Largerthanlife

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #279 on: May 24, 2011, 01:39:17 PM »
god please Ron ban this numbers guys from copy and pasting articles, write something you have thought of on your own dude, use your mind jesus!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #280 on: May 24, 2011, 01:55:10 PM »
please Ron ban this numbers guys from copy and pasting articles, write something you have thought of on your own dude,

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=371279.0

Mods?
Y

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #282 on: May 24, 2011, 02:15:21 PM »
Once again, what benefit does the US have in taking sides here? Let them figure it out on their own.

Don't give them money, trade with them them instead, but don't play the favourite game.
I hate the State.

Largerthanlife

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #283 on: May 24, 2011, 02:18:30 PM »
yes?

please warn this numbers guy, he spam's posts with articles that are copy and pasted, just link the article for god sake!  No one reads his hundreds of articles he copies and pastes.  He screws up threads by just copy and pasting, doesn't even put thought into his posts, copy paste copy paste.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #284 on: May 24, 2011, 02:23:58 PM »
please warn this numbers guy, he spam's posts with articles that are copy and pasted, just link the article for god sake!  No one reads his hundreds of articles he copies and pastes.  He screws up threads by just copy and pasting, doesn't even put thought into his posts, copy paste copy paste.

So, why do you hate jews anyway? ???
I hate the State.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #285 on: May 24, 2011, 02:33:22 PM »
Y

Largerthanlife

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #286 on: May 24, 2011, 02:33:55 PM »
So, why do you hate jews anyway? ???

Just re read my past posts, I don't need to write it again.  Look at my profile and show last posts of this person.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #287 on: May 24, 2011, 02:35:17 PM »
He is a blatant troll.

Because he cuts and pastes articles?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #288 on: May 24, 2011, 02:41:04 PM »

If you see something you don't like, just ignore.  Works for most people (including me).

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #289 on: May 24, 2011, 02:41:35 PM »
This  is the latest pofs communist gimmick who cant stand the fact that one like myself does not nbow down to his motown messiah like a lemming sheep.  

Largerthanlife

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #290 on: May 24, 2011, 02:45:44 PM »
If you see something you don't like, just ignore.  Works for most people (including me).

yeah when they take up more than half the page it becomes a problem, if they guy would just write his opinion on the matter and post the article link that would be fine, but copy and pasting the whole thing each time is so lame.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #291 on: May 24, 2011, 02:46:02 PM »
Analysis: Applause heard in White House, around world
The Jerusalem Post ^ | 05/24/2011 | HERB KEINON

________________________ ________________________ __

Netanyahu could only dream of such a reception in Israel; Congress' ovation was heard by Obama, the Palestinians, the world at large.

The overall importance of Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyanhu's speech to a special joint session of the US Congress on Tuesday was not in the substance ­ he did not break any radical new ground ­ but rather in the overwhelmingly warm ovation he received.

Netanyahu could only dream of such a reception in Israel. Even his wife, Sarah, received a standing ovation when she entered the hall. The prime minister was applauded some 30 times, many of those accompanied by standing ovations.

The nearly four-minute ovation he received when he entered the historic chamber, ­ including a brief period of rhythmic clapping that sounded more like the Mann Auditorium than Congress, ­ was not only heard by Netanyahu, but also by US President Barack Obama, the Palestinians and the world at large.

With all the talk of the country's existential loneliness and Israel's real sense of isolation, when Netanyahu spoke to the most important parliament in the world, it exuded nothing but warmth toward Israel.

Even the prime minister's comment that Jews are not interlopers in Judea and Samaria, ­ not like the Belgians were in The Congo or the British in India, ­ received raucous applause and a standing ovation by most in the hall.

Granted, Congress is not the world, and it is the US president who in the final analysis sets US foreign policy. But Congress is not just some insignificant little body that can be lightly dismissed - ­ not by the president or the world ­ - and it is a body that sets the limits to how far the president can push Israel.

With the resounding applause, on both sides of the aisle, to Netanyahu's comments on a unified Jerusalem, not returning to the 1967 lines, not negotiating with Hamas, and not allowing the descendants of Palestinian refugees enter Israel, Obama - currently tending to US business during a visit to Europe - ­ received a clear signal from Congress that when it comes to Israel, his hands are not free.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #292 on: May 24, 2011, 02:46:51 PM »
yeah when they take up more than half the page it becomes a problem, if they guy would just write his opinion on the matter and post the article link that would be fine, but copy and pasting the whole thing each time is so lame.

Scew off gimmick.   

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #293 on: May 24, 2011, 03:00:45 PM »
I guess my writing skills match your mind,  huh?

Oooh, you cut me so deep.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #294 on: May 24, 2011, 03:03:31 PM »
Really, just let them fight it out themselves; the USA just needs to focus on itself.

I can agree to some extent.  I'm not big on any foreign aid as I prefer to help our own first.  But, what's wrong with taking a side?  What's wrong with allies who share our same values?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #295 on: May 24, 2011, 03:20:24 PM »
what Netanyahu wants in the long run doesn't matter...he is really stupid because he doesn't realize that Obama was trying to save his ass and Israel in the long run....Israel is going to be overrun..thats the reality....the Palestinian population is exploding and they will overtake the Jewish population soon..once that happens, Israel will effectively be controlled by the Palestinians ..unless Israel bars them for voting....which they dare not do

by giving the Palestinians their own state, this solves this problem and enables Israel to stay a JEWISH state.....

Also the Palestinians are now going to adopt non-violent tactics..which means they are going to march and go over the borders unarmed.....if Israel shoots at them, they will be condemned by the international community and will further erode any support they have from the US...Israel has to find a way to make a deal now and wash their hands of the Palestinian problem

Yeah, Netanyahu doesn't understand.  He's only been in politics for who knows how long, has actually met with Obama, and deals with this shit day in and day out.  But he doesn't understand.

Andrethedouche on the other hand, with his 2 master's degrees, now he understands Obama's brilliance.  ::)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #296 on: May 24, 2011, 03:20:54 PM »

I can agree to some extent.  I'm not big on any foreign aid as I prefer to help our own first.  But, what's wrong with taking a side?  What's wrong with allies who share our same values?

Neither of them share our values. Israel is nothing like the United States; the US (despite what some Christians would claim) was not conceived of as a 'Christian' nation but Israel was indeed conceived of as a 'Jewish' nation, now I don't think there were many options after WW2, so that's fine but Israel does not share our values at its core at all, which is fine as well but I also don't think we should be their busom buddies.

Taking sides when unnecessary creates problems. Many of the issues the Arab world have with us comes from our unilateral support for Israel, which is unnecessary. They are strong enough to go it on their own without our help. The US is broke and has enough problems without worrying about a piece of desert on the other side of the world.
I hate the State.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #297 on: May 24, 2011, 05:28:53 PM »
Oh, now you did it, 3333. Are you holding Obama accountable for all of that?  You know that the left believes it is never their fault. Their ideology is PERFECT!!

you believe the same about your ideology..how are we different?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #298 on: May 24, 2011, 05:52:08 PM »
Listen you freaking idiot. The Israelis were willing to give away land at Camp David when Clinton was president. They offered to give most of the land in the West Bank and Gaza with incremental lands given to them as years went by. That is what Arafat claimed he wanted for years. Clinton himself stated that the offer exceeded his own expectation going into the talks. ALL IT NEEDED WAS FOR ARAFAT TO SIGN. He didn't. WHY? Their lame excuse is that "they were offered only disconnected cantons in the West Bank. Israeli negotiators and U.S. officials disputed this claim, claiming that the Israeli proposal ensured contiguity."

The real reason is that the "palestinians" want every single Jew out of the entire region. Preferably dead. They want THEIR OWN STATE but don't want the existence of an ISRAELI STATE.  You don't want to comprehend that. If you did you wouldn't say such a stupid thing as "Obama was trying to save his ass and Israel in the long run." This situation is a life and death struggle. All those Islamic states want the destruction of Israel. They will never be satisfied with pre-1967 borders. Keep believing that BS that they are going to use non-violent tactics. All they know is violence. Four year old kids dress up all the time as suicide bombers and you think eventually they will adopt Gandhi's philosophy. LOL!!!

As soon as Israel agrees to pre-1967 borders, Israel would sign its own death warrant. Because literally the day after Israel's borders were reassigned to what it was before 1967, the Palestinians with the help of Iran, Syria and Jordan would attack and with those borders they would have a better than average chance of taking over Israel. Agreeing with dumbo Barack, would be seen as a sign of weakness and that is all those islamic idiots need to work up their followers to a frenzy.

Israel has been giving land away since they gave back the Sinai Peninsula to Egypt and they still don't know what it is to live in peace. Are you actually that naive to think that if Israel agreed to Barack's retarded statement, that all of the sudden there would be peace in the Middle East and that Israel would endure for ever?  You are out of your damn mind. There are only 2 ways that an Israeli state can be preserved. One, Palestinians accept Israel's right to exist. Two, since Palestinians won't accept Israel's right to exist, a war is necessary and who ever comes out the victor gets to stay. Number two is what will eventually happen. A war that will wipe out one side or the other. My money is on the Jews wiping out all the muslim pigs.

well before I start, let me just say that you are so busy trying to be a dick and trying to be confrontational you don't understand what I am saying...try analyzing what I write and think about it first before you respond with knee-jerk bullcrap

yes you are correct..the Israelis did offer to give away land and the Palestinians did not accept it..Arafat was a freaking idiot not to..

yes you are right the Palestinians by and large want the destruction of the Jewish State....

yep..you are right that Hamas wants Israel's destruction as well and are not good partners to negotiate with.....

and yes a war would settle everything and force one side to negotiate....

the problem is that none of this really matters....Israel wants to preserve itself as a Jewish state.....if nothing happens and there is no war or no peace agreement, as I stated..ISRAEL WILL EVENTUALLY BE OUTNUMBERED AND OVERRUN DUE TO PALESTINIAN BIRTH RATES.... Palestinians will take over Israel without a shot being fired......

It doesn't matter what Hamas wants, what the US wants or what Israel wants...THIS IS THE REALITY...if you look at the border areas of the U.S...they have now been basically overrun with Mexicans and those towns are now almost extensions of Mexico...this will be Israel's fate as well....you arguing with me will not change that simple fact...

my point was that by making the best deal that they can NOW.....they can preserve Israel as a Jewish state and Palestinians will have their own state (as fucked up as it will be).....yes the choices here suck big time for Israel but unless Israeli women start cranking out 10 kids per family, thats whats going to happen....

As for your comment that Israel can just wipe out the Arabs in a war, this is no longer possible like it was in 1967...would Israel win?..probably yes..but there would be heavy casualties  because now there is also Hezbollah...and remember in the last war, Hezbollah gave Israel a good lesson in that Israel had major difficulty beating them outright...plus Israel does not have the appetite for war that it once had

I am Pro-Israel but Israel has to look at the reality..it can't maintain itself forever like this..and we can't keep subsidizing their war-footing...WE ARE BROKE

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #299 on: May 24, 2011, 05:56:41 PM »
Hey retard. I and everyone in this forum knows exactly what you are doing. You are trying to hamper the criticism that Obama is RIGHTFULLY receiving by bringing up Bush. It surprises me that you stupid left wing morons keep bringing up Bush. What you are doing is comparing what one numbnuts stated with what another numbnuts said. It doesn't justify what Obama said and he still is wrong no matter who else said it before him. What don't you get, fag?

Me thinks you are the one who is a fag...all people are saying is that BUSH and CLINTON said the same thing as OBAMA and that this has been U.S. POLICY for many years now..OBAMA was only stating U.S. policy which he is bound by....this seems to bother you since it doesn't put Obama in a negative light like you desire...why can't you be objective?????..thats the question you need to ask yourself