Author Topic: The Boys of Summer  (Read 134492 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: The Boys of Summer
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2017, 05:31:22 AM »
8 in a row....great pitching who would have thought...and offense which has no real hr threats in adundance as say the orioles/jays are avg 6 runs per game last 6 games of this streak...can it last maybe its fun as a fan to see cashmans fruition come as be patient and let this younger group take a stand and let the aging yankee era'which was great go...

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2017, 05:41:03 AM »
Yeah....

I'm going to try to temper my enthusiasm, but this IS pretty cool.

Yanks have some interesting times ahead - they have so much talent in the minors that, if they don't trade some, they will lose some via Rule 5 draft and get nothing, so they may look to package.

It's also thought that if they struggle, they'll trade Betances or Tanaka for another haul.  That wouldn't happen if they're in contention.

If Headley / Castro / Ellsbury can produce, that might give an option to shed them too where they were pretty much thought to be sunk.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2017, 05:41:20 AM »
Joad - WTF?
Y

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2017, 08:00:05 AM »
Joad - WTF?

haha

The Jays' disastrous record is all on the bats.  Few guys getting on base and can't buy a hit with RISP.
8 of their 10 losses have been by 1 or 2 runs (with the tying or winning runs LOB in the 9th.)
Donaldson being out indefinitely hurts, but every team has to overcome injuries.  

The starting pitching has been as advertised.  Just one bad start so far.  But they have no rotation depth if Sanchez & Happ spend significant time on the DL.  

Still don't think the Jays will finish below .500, unless Shapiro goes into full rebuild mode by the trade deadline. But Rogers ownership probably won't allow Shapiro to completely blow it up since they're riding the wave of having so many new season ticket and "flex packs" holders plus Rogers profits greatly from TV ratings that have been thru the roof.  But a retooling, for sure, is in the cards for the oldest team in baseball.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2017, 10:13:18 AM »
haha

The Jays' disastrous record is all on the bats.  Few guys getting on base and can't buy a hit with RISP.
8 of their 10 losses have been by 1 or 2 runs (with the tying or winning runs LOB in the 9th.)
Donaldson being out indefinitely hurts, but every team has to overcome injuries.  

The starting pitching has been as advertised.  Just one bad start so far.  But they have no rotation depth if Sanchez & Happ spend significant time on the DL.  

Still don't think the Jays will finish below .500, unless Shapiro goes into full rebuild mode by the trade deadline. But Rogers ownership probably won't allow Shapiro to completely blow it up since they're riding the wave of having so many new season ticket and "flex packs" holders plus Rogers profits greatly from TV ratings that have been thru the roof.  But a retooling, for sure, is in the cards for the oldest team in baseball.

We will package a trade for Stroman centered around Clint Frazier..... ;D ;D
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2017, 12:16:46 PM »

Braun Strowman on the Yankees :o :o :o :o

...no one will dare pitch him inside.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2017, 12:48:34 PM »

Braun Strowman on the Yankees :o :o :o :o

...no one will dare pitch him inside.

Couldn't play for Yanks - would fail facial hair policy.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2017, 06:28:59 AM »
Couldn't play for Yanks - would fail facial hair policy.

Oh yeah and the hair :(

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2017, 06:43:34 AM »
severino pitched well strikeouts galore ,just was done when he gave up that hr..

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2017, 10:58:54 AM »
severino pitched well strikeouts galore ,just was done when he gave up that hr..

Which wouldn't have happened if Kozma handled a routine DP.

Severino/Pineda were two huge question marks preseason.  They still are, but the results have been encouraging thus far.
Y

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2017, 11:03:14 AM »
Which wouldn't have happened if Kozma handled a routine DP.

Severino/Pineda were two huge question marks preseason.  They still are, but the results have been encouraging thus far.
X2...

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2017, 10:47:26 AM »

well, division rivals usually don't pull the trigger on big deals.
A couple between the Yankees & Jays from the past:
'82:  Dale Murray for Davey Collins (who became my favourite Jay), Mike Morgan & throw-in Fred McGriff
'99:  Roger Clemens for David Wells, Graeme Lloyd & Homer Bush

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2017, 01:11:12 PM »
eric thames could be the next cecil fielder 11 homers in 20 games so far. played in mlb from 2011 and 2012. lost in korea for the last 3  years.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2017, 11:45:48 AM »
nationals  ryan zimmerman 11 hrs-27 rbi-410 ba in 23 games after several down years====...time to submit a sample ??? ??? ??? ???
F

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2017, 03:05:44 PM »
Yanks give one back they should have won.

This is how this 9-2 comeback stuff equals out.
Y

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2017, 07:25:41 AM »
Yanks give one back they should have won.

This is how this 9-2 comeback stuff equals out.
DIDI OFF DL IS A GREAT WELCOME BACK,WHEN SANCHEZ RETURNS IT WILL HOPEFULLY BE HIM AND JUDGE ON WHOSE HR WENT HIGHER/FARTHER...GREAT MONTH I'LL TAKE IT.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2017, 10:49:57 AM »
DIDI OFF DL IS A GREAT WELCOME BACK,WHEN SANCHEZ RETURNS IT WILL HOPEFULLY BE HIM AND JUDGE ON WHOSE HR WENT HIGHER/FARTHER...GREAT MONTH I'LL TAKE IT.

Yup.

Get Bird right, Sanchez back....Didi is an improvement, and hope Castro/Headley don't fall of a cliff (which they very well could).

Either way.....joad......WTF... . ;D
Y

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2017, 11:42:27 AM »
Yup.

Get Bird right, Sanchez back....Didi is an improvement, and hope Castro/Headley don't fall of a cliff (which they very well could).

I LIKE CARTER IF HE CAN GET BATS HE HAS GREAT POWER AND FINDING TIME FOR AARON HICKS SOLID PLAYER

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2017, 03:39:49 PM »
I LIKE CARTER IF HE CAN GET BATS HE HAS GREAT POWER AND FINDING TIME FOR AARON HICKS SOLID PLAYER

Hicks is making Cashman look smart.

Carter I don't really care for.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2017, 11:49:10 AM »
Darvish will likely be the pitching piece to be had at the trade deadline.
Y

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2017, 11:57:46 AM »
Hicks is making Cashman look smart.

Carter I don't really care for.
CARTER IS GOING TO GET PLAYING TIME NOW ,,HE CAN HIT WITH THE AT BATS ,,,NICE LINEUP WHEN SANCHEZ COMES BACK.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2017, 12:13:35 PM »
CARTER IS GOING TO GET PLAYING TIME NOW ,,HE CAN HIT WITH THE AT BATS ,,,NICE LINEUP WHEN SANCHEZ COMES BACK.

I'm all for production, but he strikes out too much.  Often at times when we just need contact.
Y

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2017, 08:02:41 AM »

I welcome the Yankees return to the limelight.  It ain't a party in MLB (and the AL East in particular) without the rise of the evil empire. (looking ahead .... hope you guys sign Machado and/or Harper.)

As for the Jays, they're hitting a buck and change with RISP.  Have Donaldson, Tulo, Sanchez & Happ out.  But that's baseball.

What's also baseball is that it's a long season.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2017, 07:07:37 PM »
I welcome the Yankees return to the limelight.  It ain't a party in MLB (and the AL East in particular) without the rise of the evil empire. (looking ahead .... hope you guys sign Machado and/or Harper.)

As for the Jays, they're hitting a buck and change with RISP.  Have Donaldson, Tulo, Sanchez & Happ out.  But that's baseball.

What's also baseball is that it's a long season.

It IS a long season.

Trying not to get too optimistic, because these next two years are supposed to be rebuilding years.

But man, they are making it hard.   I keep telling myself Castro / Hicks / Headley are all small sample size phenoms, but it just keeps going.  SP has been better than expected too.

I can see them taking a shot at a Darvish rental.

Would love to see them do that, resign, and add Otani for a triple japanese threat.
Y

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2017, 06:55:22 AM »
It IS a long season.

Trying not to get too optimistic, because these next two years are supposed to be rebuilding years.

But man, they are making it hard.   I keep telling myself Castro / Hicks / Headley are all small sample size phenoms, but it just keeps going.  SP has been better than expected too.

I can see them taking a shot at a Darvish rental.

Would love to see them do that, resign, and add Otani for a triple japanese threat.
x2 grape great insight,,,,