Author Topic: t-bars like chris?  (Read 929 times)

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
t-bars like chris?
« on: November 04, 2006, 11:16:08 AM »
&mode=related&search=

do you think doing them this way is effective? I stand about halfway between where he's at and where straight up is...If i bend over more like he is, will I hit the lats better? or it doesn't matter?  ???

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
Re: t-bars like chris?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 11:48:21 AM »
You should row however you feel is most effective and the least likely to injur yourself. I personally feel that this guy was swinging the weight around too much to target the muscles that the t-row is effective for. Im sure he hit the muscle he wanted but look at all the lower back play in that. If he keeps to this "style" and moving his weights up (which wont last long) he will hurt himself.

Try to keep your back as still as possible. Dont round your back. The best way to think of this is like the deadlift. Keep your back straight and if it starts to round, let the weight go.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 11:49:25 AM »
The farther you stand back, the more it's going to stress the lower back. Just as with BB rows, do what seems effective and that doesn't stress the back.

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 12:23:07 PM »
yeah i was told that i was doing t-bar partials..or what they considered partials...i really feel it in the back but don't lean over that far. BUT i only feel it in my upper back..not throughout my entire back which is what i was shooting for.

The reason i'm presenting this question and so many in general is that i want everythign spot on for my training.   :-\  I dont want to brag or think i'm doing big movements when in fact i'm not.  I can do what's considered perfect form with 6 plates on the tbar but it doens't feel as good and i strain the whole tim...but the way i WAS doing it..my legs were only slightly bent and i was leaning over the weight when i was using it...just enough to feel it and keep my lower back out of it. 

Last time this video was presented, he was praised for this lift...it's why i was using it as an example.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 12:27:15 PM »
Easy to hurt your back, but try standing at different places each workout and decide which works better without back problems. The handle you use also makes a difference.