Author Topic: EVOLUTION is fact, but Natural Selection is FLAWED!  (Read 22287 times)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
Re: EVOLUTION is fact, but Natural Selection is FLAWED!
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2013, 06:50:15 PM »
On second thought I think we got trolled HARD in thia thread  ;D
follow the arrows

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2013, 07:02:05 PM »
On second thought I think we got trolled HARD in thia thread  ;D
No.  He has pulled this nonsense in the past.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2013, 08:01:59 PM »
No.  He has pulled this nonsense in the past.
Its the way he's writing. For example, repeatedly refering to himself as a scientist, and claiming he has 'thoroughly researched' science. No way he actually believws that. Honestly reminds me of another gimmick bit i cant quite put my finger on it.

Good job Ross on getting a rise out of the getbig intellectual elite.
follow the arrows

Ross Erstling

• Getbig III
  • Owner, Supreme Sports Enhancements
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2013, 08:18:58 PM »
What am I, 5 years old?  This is no gimmick, here is the post from my BLOG: www.rosserstling.wordpre ss.com

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2013, 08:24:58 PM »
What am I, 5 years old?  This is no gimmick, here is the post from my BLOG: www.rosserstling.wordpre ss.com
:-\
follow the arrows

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2013, 08:25:24 PM »

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2013, 08:31:34 PM »
how the fuck do you call yourself a 'true scientist' and 'philosopher'?

what the fuck have you achieved in these areas that would prove you as such  ???

I don't know what the point of your rants is honestly.
follow the arrows

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2013, 08:34:15 PM »
Alien Technology Based On UNKNOWN ELEMENTS
by Ross Erstling
Posted: December 22, 2012 in Science   

An advanced alien species coming from another distant planet would have technology that is not based on our known chemistry, as the planet from which they came would have a much different composition and spectrum of ELEMENTS. Perhaps, they themselves are not even carbon-based life forms. Therefore, we would expect not to see “space ships” constructed of earthly metals, but rather, “vehicles” that are comprised of entirely different elements, some of which may be completely UNKNOWN. This would explain the odd color lights that we see in the footage..

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

'Unknown elements'  ;D ;D ;D
follow the arrows

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2013, 08:47:25 PM »

did somebody say gravitron?
"

Ross Erstling

• Getbig III
« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2013, 10:09:38 PM »
how the fuck do you call yourself a 'true scientist' and 'philosopher'?

what the fuck have you achieved in these areas that would prove you as such  ???

I don't know what the point of your rants is honestly.

A "true scientist" has nothing to do with what you've accomplished, but rather, what you have learned.  The word "philosopher" simply means "lover of wisdom", which I am.

The POINT of my rant was simply to have some intelligent discourse, which I happen to enjoy.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2013, 10:13:09 PM »
A "true scientist" has nothing to do with what you've accomplished, but rather, what you have learned.  The word "philosopher" simply means "lover of wisdom", which I am.

The POINT of my rant was simply to have some intelligent discourse, which I happen to enjoy.

Basically, what you're saying is that youre not smart enough to contribute anything to the scientific field, so you just say you're a true scientist because you have read "Science Fair Projects for Dummies."

X

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2013, 11:05:45 PM »
As intelligent as humans are as a species, we can not create a living organism.

....but the intelligent and educated among us can recognize and expose the pseudo-intellects and outright nonsense peddlers who believe all manner of nonsense.

Ross joins the unfortunate mess that was Wiggs a la Dec 21, 2012. Stop with this bullshit about the Universe being intelligent and conscious. Once you accept

this nonsense you literally can believe anything at all. Listen to Adonis and Syntax and shake your sorry head hard to help clear the rubbish therein.

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2013, 11:18:47 PM »
Tough guy, where's that bench vid you promised us?

Quote from: Ross Erstling
I'll do a bench video this week, legs I did yesterday.  STAY TUNED!

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=346991.msg4908175#msg4908175

slicksta

• Getbig II
« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2013, 11:43:01 PM »
fixed

A "true scientist" has nothing to do with what you've accomplished, but rather, what you have learned.  The word "philosopher" simply means "lover of cock", which I am.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2013, 12:16:22 AM »
Ross and others here should read "Darwin's Dangerous Idea". Evolution is a scientific theory. As such it is accepted by most scientists and sciences. Natural selection is a physical process. Variations occur through natural processes and some get selected if they have some benefit that helps in an environment.

If you insist that other mechanisms are behind the complexity we find in life then list them. It is no explanation whatsoever to suggest an higher intelligence is behind things. That is the stuff of magic and we wouldn't have the technology that we enjoy today unless scientists asked the right questions about the universe. Not everything is known and that goes for evolution. Evolution remains a scientific theory. Lots of gaps remain and perhaps we will never have a complete explanation. However, the process is something that more is known about as time goes on. There are no sky cranes needed to help evolution. If the conditions are right and enough time elapses then life can evolve and via natural selection we can have different species. It doesn't mean that we would get the same species if life evolved again on earth after a mass extinction. Nor would we likely get similar species if life evolves elsewhere in the universe. At the moment there is no evidence that intelligent life or any life whatever exists elsewhere in the universe. The distances between the stars is so vast that interstellar travel seems almost impossible.

Please refrain from thinking that one is informed and educated via the internet. It is possible to learn things but without a grounding in learning it is possible to end up believing utter nonsense. Wiggs was a nincompoop and many of us told him so before the event that didn't occur. There was no need to say anything at all to him afterwards.

Wiggs and Erstling are not idiots or morons but reasonably intelligent guys who were led astray by bullshitters on the internet. People believe all manner of stuff that isn't true so it is nothing to be ashamed of. Believing something from the bottom of your hearts is no guarantee that it is true. What is sad is that these people do not have the vocabulary to sift the sense from the crap one reads online. Go get a real education and try to peddle your nonsense to professors at a recognized university.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2013, 05:08:09 AM »
Wow I didn't realize this moron believed in the 2012 shit.

The fucking Mayans believed that the earth rested on the backs of four turtles of different colors, yet one would believe they could predict the future, something we cannot do. Also, this predictive power seemed to abscond when Herman Cortes invaded them and ended that shitty sacrificial society. Seems like they were pretty advanced to me.

This whole thread is absurd, it basically is Ross saying, life is too complex for me to understand it can't be via natural selection. People with woman's/haider brains often say things like this.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2013, 05:12:10 AM »
Evolution of life has occured here on planet Earth, that is an incontrovertible scientific fact. The fossil record does not lie. However, the MECHANISM of action–meaning, HOW evolution took place, has not been adequately excplained. Natural Selection is true, and plays a large role in the evolution of life, but it certainly isn’t the whole picture. It would take an absolute leap of FAITH for me to believe that something as complex and intricately functioning as the BRAIN arose simply from random mutations and the subtle pressures of natural selection. As a true scientist and philosopher, I don’t make leaps of faith, but rather, I believe in the EVIDENCE, and simply can not accept that Natural Selection is the SOLE cause for ALL of the magnificent and incredible diversity and variation of life here on Earth. Information theory prohibits such a misplaced and unreasonable belief.

Information, as a law, must always come from an intelligent source such as a computer or a brain. Each and every one of the TRILLIONS of cells in our bodies has been programmed with brilliant mathematical instructions encoded in our DNA. The BRAIN, and all of life on earth, have been intricately and precisely developed, as the most powerful and brilliant TECHNOLOGY of our natural universe. WE as human beings are literally, as heinously complex carbon-based life forms, highly advanced organic TECHNOLOGICAL beings that have even created our OWN technologies, much in our own images. Perhaps our purpose is to continue to PRODUCE, to develop ever more complex technologies that eventually enable us to unlock the full potential of our own DNA(genetic information technology). All of life on earth is highly advanced organic technology, based on the brilliant mathematics of DNA. From the smallest bacterium to the largest fish in the sea, all of life has been progammed by an unmistakably intelligent source, far superior to that of human beings. It is plainly obvious that LIFE, as a complex form of natural organic technology, could not arise simply from random mutations. It is just not possible, and as I scientist, I just can’t believe that.

DOGMATISM exists even among the scientific community, something that I can now see as I have grown older, smarter, and wiser. I will be offering my hypothesis for how life and it’s astounding diversity and variation arose here on earth, using the new sciences of Systems Theory, Chaos and Complexity, Emergent Properties, Quantum Consciousness, Cynamics, and Sacred Geometrical Mathematics.

“Anyone who becomes seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that there is a spirit manifest in the laws of of the Universe, a spirit vastly superior to that of man.”-Albert Einstein

“As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter.”-”The FOUNDER of Quantum Physics, Max Planck:

You type this nonsense and claim to be a "true scientist" in the same post? You've got balls, I'll give you that.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2013, 06:01:15 AM »
Mr earthling,

have you been dabbling in the psychoactive powders hmmm???

bizarre behavior. careful son!
"

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2013, 07:40:40 AM »
We've evolved into beady, too -close -together -eyed, hook nosed , parental assistance dependent wankers that take a lot of drugs and always seem to have a greasy, shiny film on our faces.

Fucking great, Ross

Brutal   ;D

Ross Erstling

• Getbig III
« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2013, 08:07:50 AM »
Ross and others here should read "Darwin's Dangerous Idea". Evolution is a scientific theory. As such it is accepted by most scientists and sciences. Natural selection is a physical process. Variations occur through natural processes and some get selected if they have some benefit that helps in an environment.

If you insist that other mechanisms are behind the complexity we find in life then list them. It is no explanation whatsoever to suggest an higher intelligence is behind things. That is the stuff of magic and we wouldn't have the technology that we enjoy today unless scientists asked the right questions about the universe. Not everything is known and that goes for evolution. Evolution remains a scientific theory. Lots of gaps remain and perhaps we will never have a complete explanation. However, the process is something that more is known about as time goes on. There are no sky cranes needed to help evolution. If the conditions are right and enough time elapses then life can evolve and via natural selection we can have different species. It doesn't mean that we would get the same species if life evolved again on earth after a mass extinction. Nor would we likely get similar species if life evolves elsewhere in the universe. At the moment there is no evidence that intelligent life or any life whatever exists elsewhere in the universe. The distances between the stars is so vast that interstellar travel seems almost impossible.

Please refrain from thinking that one is informed and educated via the internet. It is possible to learn things but without a grounding in learning it is possible to end up believing utter nonsense. Wiggs was a nincompoop and many of us told him so before the event that didn't occur. There was no need to say anything at all to him afterwards.

Wiggs and Erstling are not idiots or morons but reasonably intelligent guys who were led astray by bullshitters on the internet. People believe all manner of stuff that isn't true so it is nothing to be ashamed of. Believing something from the bottom of your hearts is no guarantee that it is true. What is sad is that these people do not have the vocabulary to sift the sense from the crap one reads online. Go get a real education and try to peddle your nonsense to professors at a recognized university.

I will say it again, I was hooked on SCIENCE way before I became interested in BODYBUILDING.  I will also say, I never thought in a MILLION years that I would eventually come to disbelieve that Natural Selection was the sole force of Evolution on earth.  However, after reading some new and interesting materials on Chaos and Complexity Theory, Information Theory(Quantum and classical),Quantum Conciousness, and Fractal Geometry, I had an epiphany, and can no longer accept the DOGMA.  I expect to get heat, I mean after all, I am challenging one of the most accepted scientific theories of all time.  But hey, when Einstein FLIPPED Newtonian Physics upside down, everyone called him "stupid" and "crazy".

NATURAL SELECTION, as a mechanism of action for evolution, has many fundamental scientific and philosophical problems.  MANY modern scientists are challenging the Darwin dogma, I encourage you to conduct your own research, ie, GOOGLE! :)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2013, 08:15:35 AM »
I will say it again, I was hooked on SCIENCE way before I became interested in BODYBUILDING.  I will also say, I never thought in a MILLION years that I would eventually come to disbelieve that Natural Selection was the sole force of Evolution on earth.  However, after reading some new and interesting materials on Chaos and Complexity Theory, Information Theory(Quantum and classical),Quantum Conciousness, and Fractal Geometry, I had an epiphany, and can no longer accept the DOGMA.  I expect to get heat, I mean after all, I am challenging one of the most accepted scientific theories of all time.  But hey, when Einstein FLIPPED Newtonian Physics upside down, everyone called him "stupid" and "crazy".

NATURAL SELECTION, as a mechanism of action for evolution, has many fundamental scientific and philosophical problems.  MANY modern scientists are challenging the Darwin dogma, I encourage you to conduct your own research, ie, GOOGLE! :)
LOL now this asshole is comparing himself to Einstein  ;D if you aint joking u sure are living upto the guido stereotype with your inflated sense of self and lack of self awareness.
follow the arrows

Ross Erstling

• Getbig III
« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2013, 08:19:55 AM »
LOL now this asshole is comparing himself to Einstein  ;D if you aint joking u sure are living upto the guido stereotype with your inflated sense of self and lack of self awareness.

Listen, it may be hard to believe, but little old Ross Erstling has an IQ score that places him in the 99.7th percentile.  YES. :)

I am certainly NOT a "guido", check my blog and you can get an idea of who I am for yourself.

I am not comparing myself to Einstein--just using him as an analogy.  TRUTH is often first rejected, often vehemently, before accepted.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2013, 08:29:44 AM »
The Universe is intelligent, and has created matter, life, and intelligence.  Is it that hard to believe?  How do you think HUMANS developed intelligence?  Is it not possible that the Universe itself posesses some kind of intelligence and consciousness?  WHAT THE HELL PROGRAMMED THIS UNIVERSE!? LOL

Ross, let me blow your nose for you, I'm closer.
Anyway...
We ARE The Universe you cretin. As Sagan poignantly pointed out, "We are a way for the universe to know itself". We aren't separate from it. Stop applying living values such as "intelligence" to The Universe as a whole when part of it seems very complicated to you.

Ross Erstling

• Getbig III
« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2013, 08:33:24 AM »
Ross, let me blow your nose for you, I'm closer.
Anyway...
We ARE The Universe you cretin. As Sagan poignantly pointed out, "We are a way for the universe to know itself". We aren't separate from it. Stop applying living values such as "intelligence" to The Universe as a whole when part of it seems very complicated to you.

Intelligence is not a "living quality", this is what Quantum Physics has revealed! :)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2013, 08:40:43 AM »
Listen, it may be hard to believe, but little old Ross Erstling has an IQ score that places him in the 99.7th percentile.  YES. :)

99.7 = 142. Claiming high IQ on Getbig = foolishness.

Yes, Ross, scientific theories can be mistaken and most can be improved. I see no evidence that you have improved the theory of evolution. All that jargon you use shows you use Google it doesn't prove scholarship.