Author Topic: can of soda postworkout?  (Read 2300 times)

kcklassic

• Getbig II
can of soda postworkout?
« on: March 09, 2007, 10:59:43 AM »
instead of dextrose and whatever shit there is out there, high fructose corn syrup or sucrose is what post is mainly made of, it will spike insulin alot, i never thought about drinking a tasty soda after working out until i read a article culter wrote saying he does it, i know he is the alpha male and all, its not as healthy as juices or supplements but cheap and taste good. anyways thoughts?

pobrecito

• Getbig V
Re: can of soda postworkout?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 08:40:22 PM »
Bad idea for the most part.

The HFCS will stimulate GLUT transporter exocytosis in the liver....and this is not what you want.

Dex/monodex are the way to go.

jdooly

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 02:22:40 PM »
I've read that article also.  I don't know.  But, if you need a soda, that's the time to do it I guess.  I wouldn't argue with Mr. O.

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 03:05:08 PM »
If you are not a soda drinker than don't get into the habit of drinking soda after your workouts.  Soda can be very addicting and you might end up drinking ten cans a day, plus soda has no redeeming nutrional value whatsoever and should not be ingested in the human body.

Knives

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 09:24:07 PM »
high fructose corn syrup is crap

you'd be better off taking table sugar and mixing into water.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 09:53:27 PM »
cutler says he drink 1 can of coke post workout... of course he also shoots insulin, so take it for what you will.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 01:19:56 PM »
cutler says he drink 1 can of coke post workout... of course he also shoots insulin, so take it for what you will.

Exactly, the reason Cutler drinks the coke is so that he doesn't go into a coma with that insulin he is shooting.

For someone not using insulin (hopefully near everyone), drinking a soda would be worthless.

kcklassic

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2007, 06:25:18 PM »
it would be produced in the liver then transported into the blood stream and muslces creating a spike... so you say it would not spike your insulin why would cutler drink this if he is messing with his levels and needs a spike, you make no sense? not saying your wrong but doesnt sound right. how can one sugar be inferior to another, high fructose corn syrup is cheaper and used in majority of beverages and foods on the market today, although that doesnt make is the best for your body, i think it should raise insulin levels the same.

jdooly

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2007, 07:18:43 PM »
high fructose corn syrup is crap though.

mdgkmg

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007, 08:34:01 PM »
i have a tendency of drinking a little soda post-workout but i also consume other carbs with it such as break(whole wheat) and protein. i prefer bananas over soda they seem to work better but soda is much cheaper. they both work when combined with other carbs. well for me anyhow.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2007, 08:55:38 PM »
it would be produced in the liver then transported into the blood stream and muslces creating a spike... so you say it would not spike your insulin why would cutler drink this if he is messing with his levels and needs a spike, you make no sense? not saying your wrong but doesnt sound right. how can one sugar be inferior to another, high fructose corn syrup is cheaper and used in majority of beverages and foods on the market today, although that doesnt make is the best for your body, i think it should raise insulin levels the same.

urgggg....becuase the HFCS will stimulate the insulin to act of the liver, instead of the muscles which is what you want.

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 10:48:51 AM »
HFCS is one of the main ingredients in the OBESITY EPIDEMIC in this country...  It ranks up there with TRANS FAT as something to avoid altogether!  In my opinion, they're both POISON!

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007, 07:42:25 PM »
Nothing beats Coke Zero or diet dr. pepper
Here comes the money shot