Author Topic: eggs?  (Read 1253 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
eggs?
« on: April 12, 2007, 06:24:49 AM »
I eat a typical 9-12 eggs a day in my usual diet. My doc wanted a sample of my typical diet as to why I keep putting on weight every time I walk through the door for a checkup...he flipped when he saw my egg intake. I thought eggs had GOOD cholesterol in them? He said that many is bad for you. BAD? There's enough good shit in one egg to support life on it's own for weeks at a time! How many eggs do you guys normally eat? I cook them in with almost every meal on each dish I have.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: eggs?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 07:21:19 AM »
fukc the doctor.  I'm 6'4" 275 pounds , about 8% bodyfat and veins showing in my abs and my doctor weighs me and is concerned about my weight.  WTF?  I showed him my abs and told him that I have no fat but he uses that BMI chart that says I should weigh 215 pounds.  lol.  I haven't weighed 215 since I was 16 years old.  Doctors , especially older ones have no clue about studies done today.

Dr. D

• Getbig III
  • Vince and Derek: Match made in GetBig Heaven!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 08:23:23 AM »
I eat a typical 9-12 eggs a day in my usual diet. My doc wanted a sample of my typical diet as to why I keep putting on weight every time I walk through the door for a checkup...he flipped when he saw my egg intake. I thought eggs had GOOD cholesterol in them? He said that many is bad for you. BAD? There's enough good shit in one egg to support life on it's own for weeks at a time! How many eggs do you guys normally eat? I cook them in with almost every meal on each dish I have.

Exactly....eat as many eggs as you want. An egg never killed anybody. Cholesterol is good for you!!!

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 05:00:06 PM »
fukc the doctor.  I'm 6'4" 275 pounds , about 8% bodyfat and veins showing in my abs and my doctor weighs me and is concerned about my weight.  WTF?  I showed him my abs and told him that I have no fat but he uses that BMI chart that says I should weigh 215 pounds.  lol.  I haven't weighed 215 since I was 16 years old.  Doctors , especially older ones have no clue about studies done today.

Right on!!,
Doctors don't know shit!!!  They can only make money off sick people, so when you walk in their office they try to find anyway they can tell you that you are sick, so they can prescribe drugs ( that you don't need ), only so they can get a kick back from the phamacutical companies.  Doctors are brain washed by the med schools that are essentially funded by the Pharma companies ( which have no other purpose for doctors than to push their products ).  Doctors haven't cured anything since Polio. 

....... But of course if a doctor is prescribing you Roids for your low Test ( wink ) he is not that bad.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 05:01:55 PM »
How big are the doctors arms?

Nuff said!!  :)

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 11:39:52 PM »
If you have high cholestrol steer clear of eggs, if not, it does not matter and eat as many as you like.
It hasn't helped...

DylanPG

• Getbig II
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 02:23:57 PM »
How big are the doctors arms?

Nuff said!!  :)

Haha, good point.  Why do all doctors look like they've never even stepped foot into a gym?

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 03:05:57 PM »

Haha, good point.  Why do all doctors look like they've never even stepped foot into a gym?

I don't see the correlation between muscle size and overall health.  There are alot of musuclar guys dropping dead every year.  That being said, the health risk from eggs is overblown.  It's usually the tons of cheese in an omlette, the two pieces of buttered toast, sausage and home fries that are the killer, not the eggs themselves.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 03:14:47 PM »
The current recommended guideline for healthy adults is approx. 300mg dietary cholesterol per day.  An egg yolk has about 213mg.
: