Author Topic: Vince Goodrum's "Fuck That Shit, I Got A Better Idea" Threads  (Read 229760 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: Vince Goodrum's "Fuck That Shit, I Got A Better Idea" Threads
« Reply #1500 on: March 27, 2018, 04:03:24 PM »
Oh boy....... ::)

I go out to home and I notice that Duke Energy has not ran the lines to my property.  I call them up and they gave me the typical union bullshit.   I have to wait until April 9th before they will send a work crew out there to run power.   At least I have running water so I'll go ahead and have everything unpacked and put away but stay in a hotel for a couple of days.   I'll also go ahead and stain both decks at once as well  since I won't be needing to walk on them for a few days....lol.

I was going to stain them in a red cedar but I ran a quick test and it looked fake as fuck.   Instead I'm going with Honey Gold which really brought out the wood.

On the bright side, I got my last check from Google for 114.00 for all of the Youtube videos I ran before they changed the Youtube Partner Program thanks to that ass wipe Logan Paul
A

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1501 on: March 27, 2018, 04:13:07 PM »

I go out to home and I notice that Duke Energy has not ran the lines to my property.  I call them up and they gave me the typical union bullshit.   I have to wait until April 9th before they will send a work crew out there to run power.   At least I have running water so I'll go ahead and have everything unpacked and put away but stay in a hotel for a couple of days.   I'll also go ahead and stain both decks at once as well  since I won't be needing to walk on them for a few days....lol.

I was going to stain them in a red cedar but I ran a quick test and it looked fake as fuck.   Instead I'm going with Honey Gold which really brought out the wood.

On the bright side, I got my last check from Google for 114.00 for all of the Youtube videos I ran before they changed the Youtube Partner Program thanks to that ass wipe Logan Paul

Just curious, what is the typical union bullshit?   ???

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #1502 on: March 27, 2018, 06:24:26 PM »
Just curious, what is the typical union bullshit?   ???

Not having to deal with repercussions or keeping your word.  There is no reason for any need of over 10 business days to run a line and put in a meter
A

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1503 on: March 27, 2018, 06:37:43 PM »
Not having to deal with repercussions or keeping your word.  There is no reason for any need of over 10 business days to run a line and put in a meter

What about buying a generator off of craigslist.  It would be cheaper than a hotel for 2 weeks.  Once they hook up the electricity, you can resell the generator.  Just a thought. 

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1504 on: March 27, 2018, 06:54:45 PM »

Vince not up on this will this change what everyone makes from YT? Will Calum have to sell one of his motorcycles?

I've built a few homes and thankfully did not have to wait for power.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1505 on: March 27, 2018, 07:01:02 PM »

Yeah, the reds must go on so lightly to have a natural appearance, it's almost impossible to apply.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1506 on: March 27, 2018, 07:03:07 PM »
What about buying a generator off of craigslist.  It would be cheaper than a hotel for 2 weeks.  Once they hook up the electricity, you can resell the generator.  Just a thought. 

Great idea.  Or just keep it and maintain it for emergencies, camping, lending, stuff like that.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #1507 on: March 27, 2018, 08:44:17 PM »
vince your slang sucks i have no idea what your trying to say. how many amps is your panel for the 5th time asshole
A

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #1508 on: March 28, 2018, 03:20:08 AM »
Vince not up on this will this change what everyone makes from YT? Will Calum have to sell one of his motorcycles?

You need 1k subs, 4000 hours of watch time with the past 12 months. I also believe once you have that, they have to review the channel to see if it is appropriate content

A mostly positive change IF they provide a better service to those who are monetised - so probably not.

Vince will make nothing.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #1509 on: March 28, 2018, 05:27:13 AM »
Movers are here. 
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #1510 on: March 28, 2018, 05:29:20 AM »

I may do that but it all depends
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #1511 on: March 28, 2018, 08:12:16 AM »
Everything is now moved in.  Dresser and chest are a bit wobbly as expected since its particleboard but it only requires about  10 bucks of gorilla glue and some tacks yo fix up.  Called a cab so I can head back to clean up the apartment and get my Jeep Cherokee.  I should actually have everything unpacked and put away today and then I'll head to the hotel.  I've decided to get Dish Flex and a Mifi for my house as I confirmed that there is no cable or DSL so why waste the money
A

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #1512 on: March 28, 2018, 09:12:02 AM »
Everything is now moved in.  Dresser and chest are a bit wobbly as expected since its particleboard but it only requires about  10 bucks of gorilla glue and some tacks yo fix up.  Called a cab so I can head back to clean up the apartment and get my Jeep Cherokee.  I should actually have everything unpacked and put away today and then I'll head to the hotel.  I've decided to get Dish Flex and a Mifi for my house as I confirmed that there is no cable or DSL so why waste the money

Are you saying charter won't even come out and hook up your cable or internet? 🤔🤔🤔 how deep in the woods are you? 🤔🤔🤔
D

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1513 on: March 28, 2018, 09:32:41 AM »
Wouldn't it be possible to just stay ay home without the electrical power for a week or so and shower as needed at the gym?

I've lived under primitive conditions on the side of Mt Fuji for six weeks and managed to survive during the coldest part of wnter and my brother -in-law and his kids get lost in the High Sierras for a week or more as soon as the snow levels make it possible.

Congrats on your new residence, Vince!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #1514 on: March 28, 2018, 11:28:50 AM »
Are you saying charter won't even come out and hook up your cable or internet? 🤔🤔🤔 how deep in the woods are you? 🤔🤔🤔

I'm 5000 ft away from a Charter Junction Box.  However I don't mind saving a ton of money
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #1515 on: March 28, 2018, 11:31:01 AM »
Wouldn't it be possible to just stay ay home without the electrical power for a week or so and shower as needed at the gym?

I've lived under primitive conditions on the side of Mt Fuji for six weeks and managed to survive during the coldest part of wnter and my brother -in-law and his kids get lost in the High Sierras for a week or more as soon as the snow levels make it possible.

Congrats on your new residence, Vince!

That's what I'm thinking about doing as I have running water and a solar panel along with showering at the gym.  I'll make a decision once Duke Energy Calls back
A

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #1516 on: March 28, 2018, 03:00:16 PM »
Is this Duke Energy owned by David Duke perhaps?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1517 on: March 28, 2018, 03:33:01 PM »

If the dresser and chest have locking caps on the fasteners (and they probably do) then you can take anything with a flat blade to tighten them.  They become loose over time, and defintitely if moved around a lot.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #1518 on: March 28, 2018, 04:20:41 PM »
If the dresser and chest have locking caps on the fasteners (and they probably do) then you can take anything with a flat blade to tighten them.  They become loose over time, and defintitely if moved around a lot.

I am but the main issue is the stabilizing board coming loose on both.  I'll just repair them or replace
A

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1520 on: March 28, 2018, 04:51:18 PM »
I don't like that a lot of furniture today is made with furniture grade MDF. -Stuff weighs a ton and comes with all sorts of issues, such as the difficulty making repairs that are easy with solid wood. On the plus side, it is good for people who move a lot in that you can disassemble it and ship it flat....modern day campaign furniture.

I have four bookcases from Dania which are mostly MDF. I was moving one of them out from the wall without unloading the books and dam if part of it didn't break right were the cam is. -Might as well throw it out.

My cabinet maker uses plywood with a maple skin on both sides that comes prefinished for the boxes. The trim, door and drawer fronts are solid alder which I had painted to match the millwork throughout the house, with the exception of the island, which is made from quarter sawn white oak and stained with a clear finish. So it wouldn't look like the rest of the cabinets and more like a piece of furniture.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #1521 on: March 28, 2018, 05:11:57 PM »
I don't like that a lot of furniture today is made with furniture grade MDF. -Stuff weighs a ton and comes with all sorts of issues, such as the difficulty making repairs that are easy with solid wood. On the plus side, it is good for people who move a lot in that you can disassemble it and ship it flat....modern day campaign furniture.

I have four bookcases from Dania which are mostly MDF. I was moving one of them out from the wall without unloading the books and dam if part of it didn't break right were the cam is. -Might as well throw it out.

My cabinet maker uses plywood with a maple skin on both sides that comes prefinished for the boxes. The trim, door and drawer fronts are solid alder which I had painted to match the millwork throughout the house, with the exception of the island, which is made from quarter sawn white oak and stained with a clear finish. So it wouldn't look like the rest of the cabinets and more like a piece of furniture.

You buy what you can with the money you have.  It works and tha5s all that matters
A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1522 on: March 28, 2018, 05:19:18 PM »

You buy what you can with the money you have.  It works and tha5s all that matters

Exactly. However, that it doesn't last, makes it a poor investment. In the long run, you'll pay more in replacements. On the other hand, quality well made used furniture not only costs less, it will also endure for a very long time. My wife and I started out with hand-me-downs and and garage sale stuff. There are many ways to save money.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #1523 on: March 30, 2018, 09:29:21 AM »

Wood is expensive, but it will last a lot longer then mdf and easier to refinish if needed. That being said I do own a couple of mdf bookshelves that I store records on.
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #1524 on: March 31, 2018, 08:16:17 AM »
Exactly. However, that it doesn't last, makes it a poor investment. In the long run, you'll pay more in replacements. On the other hand, quality well made used furniture not only costs less, it will also endure for a very long time. My wife and I started out with hand-me-downs and and garage sale stuff. There are many ways to save money.

I buy my furniture on style.  My dresser and nightstand are very durable....its just doesn't do well in shipping and moving.   But I won't be moving for a very very long time...if ever again.   I've put back the tacks in the backboard and its fine now
A