Author Topic: Novodex v. Arimidex  (Read 3829 times)

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
Novodex v. Arimidex
« on: October 18, 2013, 03:37:06 PM »
Any real difference? I'm at 500mg test P / week , 100mg/ e3d, 200mg Eq/week. Am prone to gyno. Have access to more of all of above so critique is appreciated.

Oh 16 weeks

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
Re: Novodex v. Arimidex
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 03:42:32 PM »
Sorry 100mg/ e3d tren

Edit: all ug stuff, probably under dosed

BodyMachine

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 03:57:28 PM »
Are u sure at 500mg test u need an anti-e? If not wait, if u do get symptoms adex works well for me.

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 03:59:31 PM »
First of all it's Nolvadex not fucking Novodex.

Any real difference? They are COMPLETELY different...One is an Aromatase inhibitor and one is a SERM...Wow.

Do WAY more research...Seriously if you don't know this stuff you have no business being on gear.

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/629345-how-serm-s-aromatize-inhibitors-gyno-pct-must-read.html

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 04:08:50 PM »
First of all it's Nolvadex not fucking Novodex.

Any real difference? They are COMPLETELY different...One is an Aromatase inhibitor and one is a SERM...Wow.

Do WAY more research...Seriously if you don't know this stuff you have no business being on gear.

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/629345-how-serm-s-aromatize-inhibitors-gyno-pct-must-read.html

Understood. Dont flame me for a typo.

aintitgrand

• Getbig II
  • I don't blast and cruise. I blast then up the dose
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 01:18:53 PM »
Any real difference? I'm at 500mg test P / week , 100mg/ e3d, 200mg Eq/week. Am prone to gyno. Have access to more of all of above so critique is appreciated.

Oh 16 weeks

I always thought I'd be gyno prone, but I've been on 500mg sust, 500mg eq and 300mg npp a week for the last 2 months and no itchy nips, no lumps or bumps. I do get very bloated though. Any time I feel like dropping some of the water I take 1mg adex and wake up the next morning looking nice and crisp.
I used nolva after my first cycle of only 500mg test e/wk for pct (lol), I didn't "feel" it like I feel adex (yes the two are completely different in what they do and how they do it).
I personally think adex should always be on hand during a cycle, just in case. It works well while "on" and even gives you (well, at least me) a nice "crisp" look the next day.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 03:44:44 PM »
Maybe someone clarify or debunk this but I've always heard nolva can aggravate gyno if used in conjunction with a 19 nor like nandrolone or tren...

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 03:54:23 PM »
borracho, nolvadex will not help much for deca tits or tren.

causing it, not sure, but it wont help fron these 2.neither will adex.

as for the question, nolvadex is an estrogen itself,its ok for gyno only,it will not help with bbloat at all.

adex is an abolute estrogen annihilator,make sure to not overdose, the sides arent very pleasant,but its very effective.

and yes ofc ,500mg of real test weekly is about the tipping point for most where estrogen issues start to take over,many are just in denial and say its just bit of water, and it becomes more and more and then they "suddenly"look like shit.

or these ppl simply have low standards and are generaly too fat ,never been shredded or lean enough.

adex keeps water retention at bay very nicely.

it has knda hefty rebound when you stop, so be wise with the dosage,its very expensive too.
n

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 05:31:35 PM »
Tamoxifen will significantly lower your IGF-1 levels
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11299809

You can also actually use IGF-1 levels to predict tamoxifen tolerance it has such an effect
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21273576

If you're on GH, things might be different though. Who knows. No clinical evidence.

BodyMachine

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 06:57:35 PM »
doesn't caber also lower igf?

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 07:46:57 PM »
doesn't caber also lower igf?

Cabergoline?
It brought down IGF-1 levels significantly in people with acromegaly. So I would say so. [http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21325455 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15638294]
For prolactin, you're much better off bringing estrogens under control as your prolactin/progesterone are unlikely to be high with good estrogen levels.

Dopamine and prolactin are actually on an axis, so as long as dopamine is kept HIGH, prolactin release will be significantly inhibited. Neurotransmitter precursors L-Tyrosine and 5-HTP are going to work best here, so is a diet very high in saturated fats (be sure to lower carbs at the same time for caloric reasons) and a diet high in B vitamins, especially B6. ZMA is very good for dopamine and contains plentiful B6.

It should be of note that I am going by clinical evidence here, I have never successfully lowered my prolactin or been in a situation where I have needed to so the above is hypothetical at best. Try it out if you wish but keep the caber on hand. Even if this allows you to lower your dose of caber it will be worth it on the IGF-1 front.

BodyMachine

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, 08:43:55 PM »
thanks for the info

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2013, 10:05:40 PM »
While we are on this topic, adex actually INCREASED IGF-1.
Presumably because of a more ideal test:estrogen ratio

BodyMachine

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2013, 02:09:22 PM »
I never understood the need for nolva when using adex. I guess nolva will prevent estro from binding period whereas adex just kills estro. Take enough adex though and u have no estro to bind.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2013, 04:33:10 PM »
I never understood the need for nolva when using adex. I guess nolva will prevent estro from binding period whereas adex just kills estro. Take enough adex though and u have no estro to bind.

ok, whoever runs both adex and nolva at the same time is a fool and should read up a medicine book about that,not listening to some bbuilders,lol.

these 2 cancel eachother out.

if you dont believe this,ask a doctor whos sepcialized in that field.
n

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2013, 03:01:36 AM »
I am prone to gino also. Neither will work if test is high.
Try to use non aromatizing steroids.
I have never tried aromasin but it is said to be better than nolva or a-dex.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2013, 03:17:02 AM »
ok, whoever runs both adex and nolva at the same time is a fool and should read up a medicine book about that,not listening to some bbuilders,lol.

these 2 cancel eachother out.

if you dont believe this,ask a doctor whos sepcialized in that field.
I wouldn't say they cancel each other out cause once adex is in almost nothing can possibly reverse its effect, but of course nolvedex would be absolutely pointless.

No offence to anyone using nolvedex but man ''nolvadex'' lol is like a butter knife and Adex is like a BAZOOKA, lol nolvedex  :D

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2013, 03:21:57 AM »
I am prone to gino also. Neither will work if test is high.
Try to use non aromatizing steroids.
I have never tried aromasin but it is said to be better than nolva or a-dex.
Aromasin?....I don't think so, Adex is stronger and per mg it is the strongest but I think the intended dose of Letro (2.5mg) over Adex (1mg) is the most powerful.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2013, 07:10:22 AM »
aromasin 12.5mg ED, prami .5mg (or whatever the dosage is... I should probably know this. lol) I only use about 2x per week, when running 900+ of NPP or tren.

nolva at 10-20mg ED when I need to "dry out" for something (contest/photoshoot, family day at the beach or whatever).

pretty simple.

only reason i'll use adex is because I only need it about 3days a week and i'm sometimes lazy to take things every day.

I've never noticed that effect from nolva. I can't argue with your personal experience but seeing how it only blocks estrogen at the breast tissue I don't see how it would cause that effect.  

Anybody else out there experience this?

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2013, 07:50:22 AM »
Yes I do, did not want to spend 30 pound for 20 arimidex so am using nolva at 40mg a day to dry out for show, its working. Proof is in the pudding.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2013, 07:52:37 AM »
Yes I do, did not want to spend 30 pound for 20 arimidex so am using nolva at 40mg a day to dry out for show, its working. Proof is in the pudding.

Ok one more annoying question...

If you eat just as you do during your off season do you experience the same effect?

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2013, 07:56:22 AM »
I cant answer that as I dont run it during off season usually. If I am on high test I will use some letro or arimidex as needed, if I had cheaper letro or arimidex I would be using it now but happy with this so far.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2013, 08:00:31 AM »
I cant answer that as I dont run it during off season usually. If I am on high test I will use some letro or arimidex as needed, if I had cheaper letro or arimidex I would be using it now but happy with this so far.

Gotcha.

Kinda hoping it's possible to experience water retention reduction with this cause like you said its cheaper and for me, readily available. I've used nolva before but didn't notice that effect but maybe if I ran it higher...

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2013, 08:13:33 AM »
Aromasin?....I don't think so, Adex is stronger and per mg it is the strongest but I think the intended dose of Letro (2.5mg) over Adex (1mg) is the most powerful.

I have read something about a-dex being good at controling E1 type estrogens, while aromasin did it's best job cotroling E2 type estrogens that are responsible for gino.
Honestly sounds like bro science to me, so if someone has any REAL experience on this would be aprecciated.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2013, 10:33:00 AM »
I have read something about a-dex being good at controling E1 type estrogens, while aromasin did it's best job cotroling E2 type estrogens that are responsible for gino.
Honestly sounds like bro science to me, so if someone has any REAL experience on this would be aprecciated.

bro I have tried it all, even had the gynocamastia surgery done, aromasin takes a back seat to Adex and Letro. All the national guys I know take letro,  experienced bodybuilders.