Author Topic: This  (Read 4281 times)

Emmortal

• Getbig V
Re: This
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2013, 06:55:15 PM »
yeah but how many people have died because of the crusades, the inquisition, the holocaust, various middle-eastern religious wars, etc. these guys are outliers, anyone can go crazy but religion is basically a formula to instill crazy in people's minds.

The holocost wasn't a religious issue, it was a race issue.

Secondly, all of people who died in the crusades inquisition and even if you want to throw in the holocaust, pale in comparison to those who died at the hands of communism (60 million under Stahlin) or those who were murdered by dicators (3-5 million under Pol Pot).

No one likes to talk about how the worst genocides in history were committed by non-religious whack jobs that had nothing to do with religion.

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2013, 07:25:22 PM »
The holocost wasn't a religious issue, it was a race issue.

Secondly, all of people who died in the crusades inquisition and even if you want to throw in the holocaust, pale in comparison to those who died at the hands of communism (60 million under Stahlin) or those who were murdered by dicators (3-5 million under Pol Pot).

No one likes to talk about how the worst genocides in history were committed by non-religious whack jobs that had nothing to do with religion.

lol, who the fuck is "stahlin"? and hitler was a catholic. and pol pot came into power thanks to the CIA because they thought it would stop communism. one of many massacres in over a dozen countries in the name of our "freedumbs". don't give me that bullshit, this so-called christian country has slaughtered more innocents than it they care to admit.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2013, 09:28:24 PM »
How about we talk about the fact that almost all those nutjobs were left leaning liberals or fringe leftists.

No one in media wants to talk about that.

I can give you example for example of right wing nuts who have committed horrendous atrocities. And what is more, who says all these terrorist are left leaning liberals? In point of fact, most of them are on the extreme right. Prove me wrong!

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2013, 03:30:17 PM »
I wonder if government or the media just makes up racism.  In my life I have always seen people of every race get along just fine. At least not resorting to violence.

Corporate media = Propaganda = Viewers/Readers = Profit
#

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2013, 03:51:35 PM »
lol, who the fuck is "stahlin"? and hitler was a catholic. and pol pot came into power thanks to the CIA because they thought it would stop communism. one of many massacres in over a dozen countries in the name of our "freedumbs". don't give me that bullshit, this so-called christian country has slaughtered more innocents than it they care to admit.
But, is it due to "religion"? You just eluded that it is due to our "freedumbs"...not based upon our religion.

Religion is merely a vehicle used by those who want to either pursecute, maim, kill, oppress, denigrate people.
One could use greed, racism, nationalism, sexism the same way.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2013, 07:22:18 PM »
I can give you example for example of right wing nuts who have committed horrendous atrocities. And what is more, who says all these terrorist are left leaning liberals? In point of fact, most of them are on the extreme right. Prove me wrong!
:o Right Wing Gun Nutter - Inspiration - NRA, Gun Shows and Conspiracy Theories.
V

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2013, 07:21:07 AM »
- Discuss

None of these "christians" killed in the name of Jesus or because they thought their religion told them. Columbine shooters were atheists by the way.  Muslims kill in the name of Allah because their religion tells them to kill the infidel.

This is the problem with liberals and also the main stream media. They excuse evil and marginalize it with examples of other killers.

It's just like Tebow is mocked in the media for being a Christian but there is almost zero talk of radical Islam regarding the Boston terrorist from the white house or the media.