Author Topic: One of the BIG differences between bodybuilding fans and other sports' fans  (Read 1025 times)

GHGut

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Almost everybody I know who watches bodybuilding and powerlifting and goes to the contests and meets as a fan ALSO lifts in the gym and/or competes themselves.

Compare that to football-baseball-hockey-etc.: sports where the majority of the fans sit home on the couch or at the tail gate party and DON'T ACTUALLY PLAY THE SPORT.

What other sports do you think are like bodybuilding/powerlifting where a large number of spectators are also partcipants?

Stark

• Getbig V
Question...

have you ever paid attention to the audience hahahah of the Olympia?

Most of these "guys" look like they have trouble opening their own fly (not so for other men of course)

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Almost everybody I know who watches bodybuilding and powerlifting and goes to the contests and meets as a fan ALSO lifts in the gym and/or competes themselves.

Compare that to football-baseball-hockey-etc.: sports where the majority of the fans sit home on the couch or at the tail gate party and DON'T ACTUALLY PLAY THE SPORT.

What other sports do you think are like bodybuilding/powerlifting where a large number of spectators are also partcipants?

pie eating contest?

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong

Basically in all fringe sports.

The majority of Football/Baseball/Hockey fans has played at least probably as kids or teens for some time, but couldn't stick to it cause of job/family etc. and now just follows the sport as spectators.

bobpal59

• Getbig I
I would say tennis and golf are the two biggest where a lot of the fans that watch also play.

GHGut

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
A lot of bodybuilding/powerlifting fans also lift in the gyms AND also compete in contests and onstage, right?

I know a lot of baseball fans toss a ball around, a lot of basketball fans have pick up games, etc. I'm wondering if myabe bodybuilding has one of the larger percentages of fans who also participate in their sport (though arguably lifting weights in the gym is not bodybuilding).

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
Most of the fans of other sports played as kids.

Bodybuilding is something you have to start in your teens or early 20's so that's why it doesn't have the same fan base.

I didn't play tennis but i like watching it. Golf is boring though.