Author Topic: Top 15 Democratic presidential candidates in 2020  (Read 423369 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: Top 15 Democratic presidential candidates in 2020
« Reply #1175 on: December 26, 2019, 06:32:06 PM »
Michael Bloomberg has spent $120 million on ads since jumping into 2020 race last month: report

Shira Tarlo
December 26, 2019 9:39PM (UTC)

Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg has reportedly spent about $120 million on digital and television advertising since jumping into race for the Democratic presidential nomination late last month.

In the three weeks since he entered the content, Bloomberg has spent more than $120 million on television and digital advertising, according to Politico. The candidate has focused on Super Tuesday states like California and Texas instead of the early nominating states of Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina. He has also reportedly poured cash into Florida, which votes one week after Super Tuesday and has 219 delegates up for grabs.
Advertisement:

Bloomberg has reportedly outspent all of his competitors, including Tom Steyer, the other billionaire in the 15-member Democratic primary field. Steyer, for his part, has spent roughly $83 million on ads since throwing his hat in the ring in July, Politico reports. Unlike Bloomberg, Steyer has focused on targeting the four early-nominating states.

The next higher spender in the 2020 contest is South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg, a non-billionaire. Buttigieg has reportedly spent $19 million.

Several 2020 Democrats have lamented Bloomberg's and Steyer's early access to campaign cash. Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., for one, took aim at Bloomberg's ad spending with a spot on Bloomberg TV, which the former mayor owns.

https://www.salon.com/2019/12/26/michael-bloomberg-has-spent-120-million-on-ads-since-jumping-into-2020-race-last-month-report/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1176 on: December 26, 2019, 06:42:33 PM »
Michael Bloomberg has spent $120 million on ads since jumping into 2020 race last month: report

Shira Tarlo

Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg has reportedly spent about $120 million on digital and television advertising since jumping into race for the Democratic presidential nomination late last month.

In the three weeks since he entered the content, Bloomberg has spent more than $120 million on television and digital advertising, according to Politico. The candidate has focused on Super Tuesday states like California and Texas instead of the early nominating states of Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina. He has also reportedly poured cash into Florida, which votes one week after Super Tuesday and has 219 delegates up for grabs.
Advertisement:

Bloomberg has reportedly outspent all of his competitors, including Tom Steyer, the other billionaire in the 15-member Democratic primary field. Steyer, for his part, has spent roughly $83 million on ads since throwing his hat in the ring in July, Politico reports. Unlike Bloomberg, Steyer has focused on targeting the four early-nominating states.

The next higher spender in the 2020 contest is South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg, a non-billionaire. Buttigieg has reportedly spent $19 million.

Several 2020 Democrats have lamented Bloomberg's and Steyer's early access to campaign cash. Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., for one, took aim at Bloomberg's ad spending with a spot on Bloomberg TV, which the former mayor owns.

https://www.salon.com/2019/12/26/michael-bloomberg-has-spent-120-million-on-ads-since-jumping-into-2020-race-last-month-report/

Is this tantamount to buying the Presidency?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #1177 on: December 26, 2019, 07:21:01 PM »

Shira Tarlo

Advertisement:

Mixed feelings about this.  On one hand, I don't like the influence money has in politics.  On the other hand, I don't fault someone for spending their own money. 

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #1178 on: December 26, 2019, 08:12:36 PM »
That's pretty racist. 

Statistics don’t lie.

In a time of historical prosperity for the black community, brought about by the Republican Party, they still chain themselves to the Democrat Party plantation politics

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1179 on: December 26, 2019, 09:12:14 PM »
Statistics don’t lie.

In a time of historical prosperity for the black community, brought about by the Republican Party, they still chain themselves to the Democrat Party plantation politics

Statistics don't say that blacks (or any ethnic group) don't work. 

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #1180 on: December 26, 2019, 09:45:08 PM »
Statistics don't say that blacks (or any ethnic group) don't work. 

Another obtuse assmunch.

No, there are a few black folks who work. Somewhere, I suppose.

Yet even with record breaking low levels of unemployment, blacks still have double the unemployment rate of Whites. And the one common element during high or low periods of unemployment is that the Democrat Party continues to do nothing to help minorities.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1181 on: December 26, 2019, 10:31:08 PM »
Another obtuse assmunch.

No, there are a few black folks who work. Somewhere, I suppose.

Yet even with record breaking low levels of unemployment, blacks still have double the unemployment rate of Whites. And the one common element during high or low periods of unemployment is that the Democrat Party continues to do nothing to help minorities.

The black unemployment rate is 5.5 percent.  The white unemployment rate is 3.2 percent.  In other words, about 94 percent of blacks are working and about 97 percent of whites are working.

Now, this is the point where you prove you are not a racist troll and just own up to a gross overstatement, I give you props for doing so, and then I leave you alone. 

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #1182 on: December 26, 2019, 10:42:36 PM »
The black unemployment rate is 5.5 percent.  The white unemployment rate is 3.2 percent.  In other words, about 94 percent of blacks are working and about 97 percent of whites are working.

Now, this is the point where you prove you are not a racist troll and just own up to a gross overstatement, I give you props for doing so, and then I leave you alone. 

Stick your “props” where your daddy used to ride you.

You just made my exact point. In an economy where black unemployment could basically be close to zero, twice as many of blacks as Whites still refuse to work. You still haven’t addressed the blacks still indentured to Democrat plantation politics.

It is almost without fail how often stupid people throw around the word racist. So feel free to apologize and I will give you props for go fuck yourself, idiot.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1183 on: December 26, 2019, 10:54:44 PM »

You just made my exact point. In an economy where black unemployment could basically be close to zero, twice as many of blacks as Whites still refuse to work. You still haven’t addressed the blacks still indentured to Democrat plantation politics.

It is almost without fail how often stupid people throw around the word racist. So feel free to apologize and I will give you props for go fuck yourself, idiot.

I see.  So you say all blacks are not working and claim statistics don't lie.  Then say the black unemployment rate is twice that of whites.  But then you are provided with the actual statistics that show (1) your statement that all blacks don't work is a lie and (2) the fact the white unemployment rate is lower than the black unemployment rate is meaningless, because both races are almost at full employment.  And you still cling to this crap.  I mean how friggin stupid are you??

I gave you a chance.  You didn't take it.  You just demonstrated that you are a racist troll.  And a dumb one at that. 

And you get no props for pointing out that blacks are indeed slaves to the Democrat party, because I've made that point myself on this board. 

In any event, you're just an idiot, like all racist folks are. 

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #1184 on: December 26, 2019, 11:17:21 PM »
I see.  So you say all blacks are not working and claim statistics don't lie.  Then say the black unemployment rate is twice that of whites.  But then you are provided with the actual statistics that show (1) your statement that all blacks don't work is a lie and (2) the fact the white unemployment rate is lower than the black unemployment rate is meaningless, because both races are almost at full employment.  And you still cling to this crap.  I mean how friggin stupid are you??

I gave you a chance.  You didn't take it.  You just demonstrated that you are a racist troll.  And a dumb one at that. 

And you get no props for pointing out that blacks are indeed slaves to the Democrat party, because I've made that point myself on this board. 

In any event, you're just an idiot, like all racist folks are. 

Still sticking with the obtuse angle of “absolutely” zero blacks work? What kind of an immature child follows that line of logic unless they’re pulling a Primeasshole stunt?  Is that part of you giving your almighty “props”?

LOL....how juvenile and moronic. Take your chance and stick it up your “hatred of White success” ass, racist.

I’ve already said there are some black folks who work, probably hard, and are decent people, I’d assume.

Yet in a record breaking economy you still want to play the White Knight and childishly defend blacks who refuse to work, are still unemployed at twice the rate as Whites, and are too lazy or afraid to leave the Democrat Party because they worship at the government gravy train.

Childish, all to try to prove you’re the racism hall monitor. Hahaha nice little temper tantrum, sophomoric knob.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1185 on: December 26, 2019, 11:21:57 PM »

Like you, I am waiting for the answer.

Sometimes, you amaze me in a very good way.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1186 on: December 26, 2019, 11:24:23 PM »

Refuse? Can you give me a definition of what you mean by refuse with respect to this?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1187 on: December 26, 2019, 11:33:34 PM »
Still sticking with the obtuse angle of “absolutely” zero blacks work? What kind of an immature child follows that line of logic unless they’re pulling a Primeasshole stunt?  Is that part of you giving your almighty “props”?

LOL....how juvenile and moronic. Take your chance and stick it up your “hatred of White success” ass, racist.

I’ve already said there are some black folks who work, probably hard, and are decent people, I’d assume.

Yet in a record breaking economy you still want to play the White Knight and childishly defend blacks who refuse to work, are still unemployed at twice the rate as Whites, and are too lazy or afraid to leave the Democrat Party because they worship at the government gravy train.

Childish, all to try to prove you’re the racism hall monitor. Hahaha nice little temper tantrum, sophomoric knob.

Look you ignorant, racist troll, we have nearly full employment.  Both blacks and whites are nearly at full employment.  So even your "some black folks who work" comment is not factual.  What the heck are you a Stormfront disciple or something?  You really are a special kind of stupid.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1188 on: December 26, 2019, 11:34:22 PM »
Like you, I am waiting for the answer.

Sometimes, you amaze me in a very good way.

Bruh I call things as I see them.  Sometimes you will like what I say, sometimes not.  I follow the facts. 

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #1189 on: December 27, 2019, 12:24:07 AM »
To be fair the "official" employment numbers are total BS as they are calculated differently....post-1994 excluding those not looking, out of the system, etc. Current U-6 is 6.90%.

Additionally, if a certain demographic is disproportionately absent the job market long term - then there is a good probability that the number for that demo is much higher than stated under this "new" way of measure.

http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/unemployment-charts

"The seasonally-adjusted SGS Alternate Unemployment Rate reflects current unemployment reporting methodology adjusted for SGS-estimated long-term discouraged workers, who were defined out of official existence in 1994. That estimate is added to the BLS estimate of U-6 unemployment, which includes short-term discouraged workers."

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #1190 on: December 27, 2019, 05:40:25 AM »
To be fair the "official" employment numbers are total BS as they are calculated differently....post-1994 excluding those not looking, out of the system, etc. Current U-6 is 6.90%.

Additionally, if a certain demographic is disproportionately absent the job market long term - then there is a good probability that the number for that demo is much higher than stated under this "new" way of measure.

http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/unemployment-charts

"The seasonally-adjusted SGS Alternate Unemployment Rate reflects current unemployment reporting methodology adjusted for SGS-estimated long-term discouraged workers, who were defined out of official existence in 1994. That estimate is added to the BLS estimate of U-6 unemployment, which includes short-term discouraged workers."

Given current economic conditions, it’s hard to explain this without getting politically incorrect:

Nonstop violence as Baltimore nears record homicide rate

https://apnews.com/521b92265e24a213b2a3d9218fc5774b

BALTIMORE (AP) — Baltimore could wrap up 2019 with its highest per-capita homicide rate on record as killings of adults and minors alike for drugs, retribution, money or no clear reason continue to add up and city officials appear unable to stop the violence.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #1192 on: December 27, 2019, 08:58:26 AM »

Look you ignorant, racist troll, we have nearly full employment.  Both blacks and whites are nearly at full employment.  So even your "some black folks who work" comment is not factual.  What the heck are you a Stormfront disciple or something?  You really are a special kind of stupid.   

LOL......what a childish hissy fit. What are you boy, six years old? It’s no wonder once you got done stomping your feet and holding your breath that all you had left was your juvenile racism accusation. Did Santa not bring you a new set of diapers for Christmas?

I thought you were only giving me one chance to earn your almighty “props”? Since you obviously missed it the first time, take your chance and props and stick them up your ass, crybaby. What a weak lame troll, your parents should have done us all a favor and practiced infanticide.

As you have so stupidly shown and proven my points in doing so:

Black unemployment is 100% higher than White unemployment.
Blacks are twice as likely to be unemployed than Whites in this record setting economy.
Blacks still chain themselves to the Democrat Party when in fact the Democrats do very little to nothing for them.
You’re mentally handicapped and incredibly immature.

Suck on that, hall monitor !

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1193 on: December 27, 2019, 09:10:44 AM »
LOL......what a childish hissy fit. What are you boy, six years old? It’s no wonder once you got done stomping your feet and holding your breath that all you had left was your juvenile racism accusation. Did Santa not bring you a new set of diapers for Christmas?

I thought you were only giving me one chance to earn your almighty “props”? Since you obviously missed it the first time, take your chance and props and stick them up your ass, crybaby. What a weak lame troll, your parents should have done us all a favor and practiced infanticide.

As you have so stupidly shown and proven my points in doing so:

Black unemployment is 100% higher than White unemployment.
Blacks are twice as likely to be unemployed than Whites in this record setting economy.
Blacks still chain themselves to the Democrat Party when in fact the Democrats do very little to nothing for them.
You’re mentally handicapped and incredibly immature.

Suck on that, hall monitor !

::)  STFU Adolf.  You're boring me. 

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #1194 on: December 27, 2019, 11:07:27 AM »
::)  STFU Adolf.  You're boring me. 

Awwww, the dauntless defender of the ghetto black welfare culture is going to cry and take his ball home.

Boo hoo.....now I totally understand why you defend Primeasshole.

Go get your fucking shinebox, troll.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1195 on: December 27, 2019, 11:08:19 AM »
Mixed feelings about this.  On one hand, I don't like the influence money has in politics.  On the other hand, I don't fault someone for spending their own money. 

The whole Michael Bloomberg angle fascinates me.

He waits until the last minute, throws oodles of money on ads yet seemingly doesn't care much to debate or focus on the early states.

I suppose when you are almost 80 years old and worth tens of billions of dollars you can act that way ???

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1196 on: December 27, 2019, 11:19:01 AM »
Awwww, the dauntless defender of the ghetto black welfare culture is going to cry and take his ball home.

Boo hoo.....now I totally understand why you defend Primeasshole.

Go get your fucking shinebox, troll.

You still here?  And I thought the Village Idiot was the only person on here with no friends.   :'(

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1197 on: December 27, 2019, 11:19:55 AM »
The whole Michael Bloomberg angle fascinates me.

He waits until the last minute, throws oodles of money on ads yet seemingly doesn't care much to debate or focus on the early states.

I suppose when you are almost 80 years old and worth tens of billions of dollars you can act that way ???

And he is getting zero traction.  But I don't blame him when you see how incredibly weak the field is.  Plus this is monopoly money for him. 

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #1198 on: December 27, 2019, 11:21:40 AM »
You still here?  And I thought the Village Idiot was the only person on here with no friends.   :'(

“You have one chance to earn my props....whaaa, whaaa !”

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1199 on: December 27, 2019, 11:26:18 AM »

“You have one chance to earn my props....whaaa, whaaa !”