Author Topic: Sick of movies that destroy classic cars.  (Read 1229 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Sick of movies that destroy classic cars.
« on: September 19, 2011, 04:10:49 AM »
I can't count the number of times I've been watching a movie and out of the blue, it ends up being the death of a classic American muscle car.  They highlight it for a while in the movie and then have to end it by destroying the car.  I guess it's nothing for hollywood to drop 40 to 100 grand on a car just to destroy for a move that will make 20 to 100 million on average.  I'm fucking sick of seeing it.  I see that car get destroyed and lose all interest in what the fucking stupid movie was about.  It's fucking time these fuckers back off of destroying classic cars.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
Re: Sick of movies that destroy classic cars.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 05:01:48 PM »

A lot of times the car has already been destroyed (not like in the movie but...). The movies guys will find the shell in a junk yard, spiff it up and make it look good on camera and then crush it when it comes time, as you've seen.

Many times you can slo-mo the movie and realize there's nothing inside the car...interior and everything has been gutted.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 09:59:02 PM »
^^ what he said. I was thinking this while reading your post HC

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 03:09:35 AM »
Not always true.  I know of at least 3 recent cases where people sold their restored cars only to see them destroyed.

Here's a 4th example I just learned about:

Quentin Tarantino Conned Collectors Out Of Classic Cars

March 31, 2007

Moviemaker Quentin Tarantino conned classic car owners while shopping for 1970 Dodge Chargers and Challengers for his new movie - because he couldn't tell the motor nuts he was going to trash their pride and joy.

The director launched a nationwide search for the rare vehicles and knew collectors would refuse to sell them if they knew he was planning to use them in car crash sequences.

He says, "One of the things that was told to us was `You can't mention that you're gonna destroy them.' They'll never sell them."

Tarantino eventually got hold of seven classic vehicles and trashed all but two of them. He adds, "At the end of the shoot there was one Charger and one Challenger that we never destroyed... and I wanted them, it was my movie, so I bought them. The mechanics went through all the other Chargers and Challengers and picked all the best parts and made a Frankenstein monster for me."

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2007/03/31/quentin_tarantino_conned_collectors_out_

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 09:39:55 PM »
fack!

Yeah I feel the same as you. even if I see a new supercar totaled it annoys me.

I also think they use dummy classics with fiberglass bodies.

yea I feel you on this. annyos the shit outta me.