Author Topic: True Detective  (Read 47052 times)

Wez

• Getbig IV
Re: True Detective
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2014, 08:53:04 AM »
WHHRNPO

Jesus Christ.....that's even what my wife said when that scene came on.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2014, 08:58:39 AM »
Surprised HBO could afford to pay 2 big name actors.

HBO lucked out with Matty before he got all his acting buzz for DBC.  I'm pretty sure they couldn't sign him today.  But they are also bot exec producers which means they'll be getting a lot of residual income from this show from DVD sales etc....

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2014, 09:27:44 AM »
HBO lucked out with Matty before he got all his acting buzz for DBC.  I'm pretty sure they couldn't sign him today.  But they are also bot exec producers which means they'll be getting a lot of residual income from this show from DVD sales etc....

You'd be surprised as to what big name actors would be willing to do for less money. That's when your hollywood agent comes into play. Often times a big name actor will take an acting opportunity on a smaller wage scale simply for creative preference rather than for what it pays. They read a script and get blown away and decide to do an independent film, for example. And it wasn't like Matt wasn't an A-lister already. He's got a decent resume of movies under his belt. Woody also.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2014, 10:04:53 AM »
Yeah, Harrelson and McConaughey both have decent number of avant garde type works in with the normal Hollywood stuff, and they're friendly in real life, so it was probably an easy sell. Also I wouldn't be surprised if they're getting a bit on the back end, and a decent bit of pay.

There isn't a huge amount of name actors in it, and much of the show happens in just two rooms, so the production budget could'nt be that big either. It's not like Boardwalk  or Deadwood where a huge amount had to be spent on costuming and sets.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2014, 10:20:04 AM »
Yeah, Harrelson and McConaughey both have decent number of avant garde type works in with the normal Hollywood stuff, and they're friendly in real life, so it was probably an easy sell. Also I wouldn't be surprised if they're getting a bit on the back end, and a decent bit of pay.

There isn't a huge amount of name actors in it, and much of the show happens in just two rooms, so the production budget could'nt be that big either. It's not like Boardwalk  or Deadwood where a huge amount had to be spent on costuming and sets.

I would disagree with you on that one. If you watch the HBO making of this show..it's like 15 minutes long...the production crew shoot quite a bit on location in the back woods of Louisiana, including building various sets from the ground up. They also planted several types of plants and bush weeks in advance on several outdoor locations to add green and marsh to barren fields that stretched for a few acres. Weather was also a major factor while shooting outdoors because the rain would sometimes come down so hard that the actors couldn't see more than 30 feet in front of them. Definitely not as big as production budget like Boardwalk but then again...this season is only 8 episodes long. But check out the HBO special about the making of True Detective. Good shit.

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2014, 10:50:02 AM »
Jesus Christ.....that's even what my wife said when that scene came on.

Best hold on to that one, definitely down with the getbigisms.

Wez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2014, 10:58:00 AM »
Best hold on to that one, definitely down with the getbigisms.

Yea I know!....maybe she saw my eyes bugging out like in the cartoons.
On a serious note I loved Coles monologue on time as a linear and a sphere but from the 4th dimension it is a circle.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2014, 12:37:26 PM »
On a serious note I loved Coles monologue on time as a linear and a sphere but from the 4th dimension it is a circle.

That has a lot to do with theme of the circle tatoos, what Ledoux was talking about time being circular.  Sort of like the old saying "the more things change, the more they stay the same"

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2014, 12:39:21 PM »
I would disagree with you on that one. If you watch the HBO making of this show..it's like 15 minutes long...the production crew shoot quite a bit on location in the back woods of Louisiana, including building various sets from the ground up. They also planted several types of plants and bush weeks in advance on several outdoor locations to add green and marsh to barren fields that stretched for a few acres. Weather was also a major factor while shooting outdoors because the rain would sometimes come down so hard that the actors couldn't see more than 30 feet in front of them. Definitely not as big as production budget like Boardwalk but then again...this season is only 8 episodes long. But check out the HBO special about the making of True Detective. Good shit.

I've seen hollywood big budget movies that don't have 1/10 of the details and reality this show provides.  It is fucking intense and never lets up.  Like a fishing hook caught in your lip with constant tension until the end.  I'm glad it's 8 episodes because I need to start another round of tren soon and not sure I could handle all of the pressure.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2014, 12:58:34 PM »
Good show.  Woody is meh...Mathew is excellent, redhead has nice flat clit and untrimmed bush....very nice

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2014, 01:29:59 PM »

I tried to look mildy disinterested, then she saw my boner and the game was up.

Script writing in TD is quality. Never really liked McConaughey before this and Dallas Buyers Club. The guy can act.

Wez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2014, 01:32:10 PM »

Script writing in TD is quality. Never really liked McConaughey before this and Dallas Buyers Club. The guy can act.

I loved DBC...just saw it last week.....

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2014, 01:57:23 PM »

Same here.  hated the guy.  Annoyed the fuck out of me.  Now I think the guy is the cat's ass and want to see Mud and DBC. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2014, 02:01:38 PM »
I've seen hollywood big budget movies that don't have 1/10 of the details and reality this show provides.  It is fucking intense and never lets up.  Like a fishing hook caught in your lip with constant tension until the end.  I'm glad it's 8 episodes because I need to start another round of tren soon and not sure I could handle all of the pressure.

if you haven't already, check out HOUSE OF CARDS. Francis Underwood(played by Kevin Spacey) is ruthless and plays a mesmerizing character. It's on Netflix. It's big on politics but enjoyable to watch, nonetheless.

Wez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2014, 02:02:35 PM »
Same here.  hated the guy.  Annoyed the fuck out of me.  Now I think the guy is the cat's ass and want to see Mud and DBC. 

Liked Mud too.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2014, 02:03:30 PM »
Same here.  hated the guy.  Annoyed the fuck out of me.  Now I think the guy is the cat's ass and want to see Mud and DBC.  

MUD.....found it boring. 6/10

DBC....great. 8.5/10

But opinions vary

Wez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2014, 02:04:59 PM »
MUD.....found it boring. 6/10

DBC....great. 8.5/10

But opinions vary

Mud was a little slow....I thought the two kids were good though.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2014, 06:35:07 PM »
Anyone who saw Mathew in Amistad, dazed and confused, frailty and a time to kill knew this guy could act, I always used to wtf in the 2000s when I read his upcoming projects were all rom coms, but in hindsight and reading his quote about pacing yourself in life it makes sense.

He used his thirties to make the easy money with well paying romantic comedies that he could sail through ,using his looks to cash in on, then approaching his mid forties, when he is financially secure and had his youthful fun, where typically make stars can't bank so much on their looks anymore, he makes the switch up that he always, and anyone that had seen his early work, knew he could do.

As for the show, it's very difficult to predict how it's going to end, though I agree Woody doesn't seem to have shown all his cards yet.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2014, 06:36:42 PM »

Don't forget the Lincoln Lawyer, which was his real return to serious acting.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2014, 06:58:08 PM »

Add me to the list.  His diatribes are amazing and I know he's reading lines but he has created an amazing character!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2014, 07:06:35 PM »
Don't forget the Lincoln Lawyer, which was his real return to serious acting.

I did see that recently on EPIX.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2014, 01:34:39 AM »
Don't get mad when they cancel this show guys. How long do you think a wild stallion like Mcconnaughey will stick with a t.v. show?

Didn't someone say this was picked up for a second season? My guess is that it ends after that season.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2014, 06:35:00 AM »
Don't get mad when they cancel this show guys. How long do you think a wild stallion like Mcconnaughey will stick with a t.v. show?

Didn't someone say this was picked up for a second season? My guess is that it ends after that season.

Maybe do a little research cuntface before chiming in on something you don't know fuckall about.  The premise of this show is that every season will be a new cast with a new setting.  Matt and Woody were excited to be the first ones to get it going and have their names attached as exec producers.  It is already picked up for season two with a yet to be named cast.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2014, 09:43:40 AM »
Maybe do a little research cuntface before chiming in on something you don't know fuckall about.  The premise of this show is that every season will be a new cast with a new setting.  Matt and Woody were excited to be the first ones to get it going and have their names attached as exec producers.  It is already picked up for season two with a yet to be named cast.
That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

The whole point of long-running shows, is because the audience gets familiar with the cast.

mdn250

• Getbig II
« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2014, 09:08:02 AM »
You mean these?

SLURRRP

Yes thank you!

Is it me or does she look much better here than in Texas Chainsaw? A little thickness added some serious changes.