Author Topic: Challenge To NFL Players Protesting  (Read 2881 times)

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
  • Publisher, MuscleSport Magazine
Challenge To NFL Players Protesting
« on: August 15, 2018, 10:26:46 AM »
I issued a challenge/friendly discussion to a number of NFL players (past and present, including ones who I have interviewed in the past and know personally) and media personnel regarding the 'real' reason why the players are protesting during the National Anthem, wither by taking a knee, staying in the locker room or holding up a Black Power/Black Panther fist.

Each one of the names that Randy Moss displayed on his HOF induction ceremony tie are broken down objectively with details and personal experience opinion-type statements that I feel I have earned with my background.

Here's the link and I'd love some feedback from both sides of the 'argument.'

https://www.musclesportmag.com/2018/08/13/our-challenge-to-nfl-players-protesting/

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: Challenge To NFL Players Protesting
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 05:06:44 PM »
Bump for Joe.  Come on, you guys.  Lets all get together and help Joe get some traffic.  Joe is a good egg.  Be good to Joe. 

We're all pulling for you, Joe.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 05:08:43 PM »
go home !

Kwon3

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 05:09:43 PM »
Solid initiative.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 06:37:19 PM »
I issued a challenge/friendly discussion to a number of NFL players (past and present, including ones who I have interviewed in the past and know personally) and media personnel regarding the 'real' reason why the players are protesting during the National Anthem, wither by taking a knee, staying in the locker room or holding up a Black Power/Black Panther fist.

Each one of the names that Randy Moss displayed on his HOF induction ceremony tie are broken down objectively with details and personal experience opinion-type statements that I feel I have earned with my background.

https://www.musclesportmag.com/2018/08/13/our-challenge-to-nfl-players-protesting/

Might have an easier time getting these guys to interview after the season. It’s pre-season, then the season starts. Even with the most of the retired NFL players, they’re still involved in the league

Dieter

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 07:01:22 PM »
Hang in there Joe, things will pick up for you soon.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2018, 07:02:56 PM »

No one cares.
X

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2018, 05:30:56 AM »

What do you think the "real" reason is? Perhaps most blacks place ethnic/tribal loyalty over civic nationalism or Americanism? If that's upsetting, you'd be better off not following a sport that is dominated by blacks.

It would be like supporting something that is dominated by Muslims and then getting annoyed when those involved start showing solidarity with Islamic grievances.  

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2018, 05:31:06 AM »
Most rational people agree that kneeling for the anthem is disrespectful to the flag and country and veterans....period....

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2018, 06:04:14 AM »
No one cares.

One of the rare occasions when I agree with this individual. It’s the NFL’s problem. Why should I give a fuck?

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2018, 02:52:17 AM »
One of the rare occasions when I agree with this individual. It’s the NFL’s problem. Why should I give a fuck?

Yup, its only become a laughable charade/mockery of its former self. The old tough players must be disgusted.
Just like many modern day skinny jean wearing "men" , even the "tough" athletes (many) are pussy prima donna's.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2018, 08:45:40 AM »
Thanks, Joe! Interesting post.

Although I strongly believe that individuals should be allowed to do shit such as this if it does not harm any other individual, I honestly hate to see them doing it.

In my humble opinion ... everyone has the right to be an asshole.

But most would call me the asshole for thinking that way.

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
  • Publisher, MuscleSport Magazine
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2018, 08:46:33 AM »
Might have an easier time getting these guys to interview after the season. It’s pre-season, then the season starts. Even with the most of the retired NFL players, they’re still involved in the league
I intend to continue to reach out down the road, as well. Good point and TY.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2018, 08:53:59 AM »
Joe, Do you maintain a list of the kneelers and the no shows within the NFL and do you expect this to spread to other sporting events?

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2018, 09:04:14 AM »
I challenge them to stuff their heads up their own asses, suffocate, and then die.

Kwon3

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2018, 09:05:05 AM »
I challenge them to stuff their heads up their own asses, suffocate, and then die.
What comes out of their assholes is technically higher on the IQ scale than what comes out their mouths, though.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2018, 09:07:42 AM »

Joe, nobody has the right to question the motives of individuals exercising their 1st Amendment rights whether its NFL players, Alex Jones spouting conspiracy theories, Richard Spencer talking about white supremacy, etc.    You have a right to disagree with it but it is what it is.
A

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2018, 09:13:35 AM »

Joe, nobody has the right to question the motives of individuals exercising their 1st Amendment rights whether its NFL players, Alex Jones spouting conspiracy theories, Richard Spencer talking about white supremacy, etc.    You have a right to disagree with it but it is what it is.

The right to free speech covers questioning someone's motives.  Americans question each other's motives all day every day.

Kwon3

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2018, 10:10:06 AM »

If you yell fire in the movie theater, do you think there's a chance you might be charged with disorderly conduct? What about your right to free speech?

How about using foul language in front of 3rd graders?

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2018, 10:32:33 AM »

Your first amendment right doesn’t, not including certain conditions,protect your right to protest in a private sector job. Where it gets tricky is that nfl owners try to monitor off the field activities by putting causes in their contacts.
I don’t have a problem with nfl protesting, but if the owner puts policy is place players and staff should follow that.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2018, 10:37:27 AM »
These NFL morons and the entire BLM thing started off of mainly two-three bogus cases - the biggest being that fat POS thug Michael Brown and the whole "Hand Up Don't Shoot Lie"   

The other was Zimm v. Trayvon   and finally Eric Garner - who while should not have died - should also not have been there breaking the law and screwing over the legal store owner. 

The entire protest is a complete sham. 

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2018, 11:37:23 AM »
I just saw this on ESPN. Skip and Shannon were debating whether Musclesportmag had 7 subscribers or 8. It was a cool debate.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2018, 11:39:07 AM »
If you yell fire in the movie theater, do you think there's a chance you might be charged with disorderly conduct? What about your right to free speech?

How about using foul language in front of 3rd graders?

The movie theater argument and the NFL situation are very similar. It’s not a free speech issue but a property rights one. By yelling fire in a movie theater you’re violating the terms of agreement by not allowing the other people in the theater to enjoy the movie and putting them at risk.

The NFL players are allowed to kneel during the national anthem but not when they’re on the clock on somebody else’s dime unless the owner allows it.

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2018, 11:40:25 AM »
Most rational people agree that kneeling for the anthem is disrespectful to the flag and country and veterans....period....

yup.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2018, 11:42:53 AM »
I just saw this on ESPN. Skip and Shannon were debating whether Musclesportmag had 7 subscribers or 8. It was a cool debate.

Not sure what triggered this asinine response, but again, this is getbig