Author Topic: NHL playoffs thread  (Read 20558 times)

regmac

• Getbig V
Re: NHL playoffs thread
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2010, 10:23:53 AM »
pens looking like a juggarnaut

what else is new 8)

E
Eventually Crosby and Ovetchkin  (like Labron) is going to have to go to a city with a bigger market.  Unlike LaBron though, everyone outside the NHL has no idea who Crosby is!  I am the only black guy who does. 
((-::

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2010, 10:43:25 AM »
Eventually Crosby and Ovetchkin  (like Labron) is going to have to go to a city with a bigger market.  Unlike LaBron though, everyone outside the NHL has no idea who Crosby is!  I am the only black guy who does. 

are you saying black people live under a rock ???

and no they don't have to go to a bigger market, pittsburgh is a market that actually watches hockey, best FSN ratings in america

E
E

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2010, 10:54:11 AM »
are you saying black people live under a rock ???

and no they don't have to go to a bigger market, pittsburgh is a market that actually watches hockey, best FSN ratings in america

E
Most  do unfortunately.   I really didn't follow the NHL till I moved to So Jersey in 84 and some kids asked me who I cheer for....since I am origionally from LA   I said the KIngs....they laughed    but I have supported them since then.   But if the NHL wants to compete with the NF, Cros needs to head for NY   or some other Nationaly Known Market!   Remember Wayne was big in Edmonton   but his popularity sky rocketed when he moved to LA.   If Wayne were to walk through a blk neiborhood, he'd be signing autographs for hours   if Crosby were to walk around any major city    no one would know who he is!   Its his career..not mine but if he wants to sell the sport and his name, he's going to have to move.   No one cares who Marion is   or was..the only Lemeuix the rest of the US knows is Jocylyn!!!!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2010, 11:09:41 AM »
Most  do unfortunately.   I really didn't follow the NHL till I moved to So Jersey in 84 and some kids asked me who I cheer for....since I am origionally from LA   I said the KIngs....they laughed    but I have supported them since then.   But if the NHL wants to compete with the NF, Cros needs to head for NY   or some other Nationaly Known Market!   Remember Wayne was big in Edmonton   but his popularity sky rocketed when he moved to LA.   If Wayne were to walk through a blk neiborhood, he'd be signing autographs for hours   if Crosby were to walk around any major city    no one would know who he is!   Its his career..not mine but if he wants to sell the sport and his name, he's going to have to move.   No one cares who Marion is   or was..the only Lemeuix the rest of the US knows is Jocylyn!!!!

blacks make up about 12% of the country

as much as the liberal media wants you to think, appealing to blacks does not greatly increase the popularity of any sport

E
E

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2010, 04:54:17 PM »

as much as the liberal media wants you to think, appealing to blacks does not greatly increase the popularity of any sport

E
Is that why basketball and football  are the most popular sports in the US? WHite guys are trying to rap and play jazz?    Whites all the sudden want to play wr and cb?    It seems whatever blacks are into     it sells to the white guy.   Hell when I was in Germany and Michael Jackson was a black guy,   whites there (98 percent) bought anything regarding THRILLER!!!!

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2010, 04:55:51 PM »

E
If Tiger was white,  no one would give a damn about him.   But because he's black....the interest in golf has gone gonzo....same for tennins and the Williams brothers!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2010, 10:03:51 PM »
Is that why basketball and football  are the most popular sports in the US? WHite guys are trying to rap and play jazz?    Whites all the sudden want to play wr and cb?    It seems whatever blacks are into     it sells to the white guy.   Hell when I was in Germany and Michael Jackson was a black guy,   whites there (98 percent) bought anything regarding THRILLER!!!!

they are more popular sports because they are the sports most grow up playing, hockey is for rich kids that live in cold weather

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2010, 10:04:59 PM »
If Tiger was white,  no one would give a damn about him.   But because he's black....the interest in golf has gone gonzo....same for tennins and the Williams brothers!

i think him being a dominant golfer has more to do with it

jerome iginla is black and a great player, nobody cares

E
E

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2010, 10:22:54 AM »
they are more popular sports because they are the sports most grow up playing, hockey is for rich kids that live in cold weather

E
Well for 12 percent of the population, it looks like they've made those sports over popular.   I've tried pushing hockey onto blacks  but its not worth it.....they go to the game waiting for the fights...then leave wonderring who won.   

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2010, 10:31:58 AM »

E
iginla (PART BLACK) was great  but he's not that great  now.....I still hate the guy   I hate him more than I hated Fleury!!!!!  But if Iginla played for the Rangers he might have gained more popularity.   Thats why I am pushing Wayne Gre ..... er...Simmonds   to getting out to the inner city here in LA.   He can make it big here. 

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2010, 10:32:28 AM »
Well for 12 percent of the population, it looks like they've made those sports over popular.   I've tried pushing hockey onto blacks  but its not worth it.....they go to the game waiting for the fights...then leave wonderring who won.   
thats only reason I go reg for the fights :D

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2010, 10:33:13 AM »

E
Not many dominant golfers get to be on the cover of Ebony and Jet. hahahahahaha

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2010, 10:35:21 AM »
Not many dominant golfers get to be on the cover of Ebony and Jet. hahahahahaha
Are you saying that John Daley wouldnt be on jet or ebony reg?  :D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2010, 10:36:29 AM »
ok lets talk hockey

crosby has 11 points in 4 games, insane :o

E
E

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2010, 10:37:14 AM »
thats only reason I go reg for the fights :D
There's really no time for fighting unless one team is waaaay ahead or its a boring tie.   But they are set up   so goofily.   Our guy Ivinanas  usually stands nears some other teams goon   says something or gives a look   then they agree...as soon as the puck hits the ice   they drop gloves   helmet (sometimes)  then hit each others shoulder pads  till one falls.  They get up then sit.  McSorley was my favorite  at least he had a book already waiting for him in the penalty box. ;)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2010, 10:40:18 AM »
There's really no time for fighting unless one team is waaaay ahead or its a boring tie.   But they are set up   so goofily.   Our guy Ivinanas  usually stands nears some other teams goon   says something or gives a look   then they agree...as soon as the puck hits the ice   they drop gloves   helmet (sometimes)  then hit each others shoulder pads  till one falls.  They get up then sit.  McSorley was my favorite  at least he had a book already waiting for him in the penalty box. ;)
sounds like some of the players are just like subs starting fights for the crowds nice information how much would that pay I could do that.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2010, 10:46:26 AM »
sounds like some of the players are just like subs starting fights for the crowds nice information how much would that pay I could do that.
They are what they are.   But nothing I look fwd to unless some ones D man   hit Kopitar or our goalie and got away with it ......thats when we'll send Ivinas or Handzus in to find the perpitrator.  But usually we'll send Dustin Brown to blast that teams franchise guy...which raises temper!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2010, 09:46:11 PM »
pens march on 8)

E
E

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2010, 08:14:42 AM »
ok lets talk hockey

crosby has 11 points in 4 games, insane :o

E

Mikael Samuelsson is much better then Crosby and has more points then Crosby.  :D
D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2010, 08:19:29 AM »
pens march on 8)

E
They wont get past Detroit Earl.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2010, 10:29:35 AM »
They wont get past Detroit Earl.

Detroit is pissing me off!! They are not physical at all but they have always been that way....well, with Scotty Bowman as coach, THEY WERE!!!

>:(
D

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2010, 10:58:18 AM »
Mikael Samuelsson is much better then Crosby and has more points then Crosby.  :D
No one is better that Crosby but outside the NHL,  no one knows who he is.   The blackest rappers knew who Wayne was!

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2010, 11:02:10 AM »
No one is better that Crosby but outside the NHL,  no one knows who he is.   The blackest rappers knew who Wayne was!

::) ::) ::) Alaxander is above him and Crosby has better players around him.  8)
D

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2010, 11:07:20 AM »
::) ::) ::) Alaxander is above him and Crosby has better players around him.  8)
Frolov?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2010, 11:40:26 AM »

i think you need to check the stats again

E
E