Author Topic: Earthquake 6.0 in Washington DC - I was just in an Earthquake.  (Read 20169 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: And you East Coasters were worried about a little shaking?
« Reply #225 on: August 25, 2011, 02:18:46 PM »
I'm in South Carolina I hope we don't get hit to hard.
Did the Peach get rocked in Gaffney?

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #226 on: August 25, 2011, 02:25:19 PM »
I'm in South Carolina I hope we don't get hit to hard.

same man. Fuck I cant imagine having to bring my gear in a shelter with a bunch of negros fuck that :D
l

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #227 on: August 25, 2011, 03:45:55 PM »
Be in there with Jadaveon Clowney
U

newmom

« Reply #228 on: August 25, 2011, 04:03:20 PM »
Be in there with Jadaveon Clowney

I miss him

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Earthquake 6.0 in Washington DC - I was just in an Earthquake.
« Reply #229 on: August 25, 2011, 06:25:19 PM »
TRUE ADONIS .... I gotta admit something here!

..... I never had too much respect for you ..... until recently.

I guess that lack of respect was due to your occasional attitude towards a number of GetBiggers who seem to lack the education to debate with you.

But I think the chief reason for disliking you in the past was due to your verbose attitude that whatever you said was the definitive truth.

But .... my attitude was changed recently when you admitted your fear of earthquakes.

It takes something that I ain't got to admit that one is afraid of anything ... Man or beast or Mother Nature.

And I honestly wish that I was capable of telling one and all that I fear something that is deep inside my inner-self, but I don't have the guts to follow through.

Many years ago while I was in Nam I did shit that was considered insane by my superiors and my response was to merely laugh and I was transferred to a unit in which there were insaner  individuals than my myself.

They also laughed a lot.

I was definitely no hero in the least.... I was merely a bit insane and could not admit it.

My 'INSANITY was my defense against  showing fear ... dumb shit that I was back then.

So your admittance of your great fear of another earthquake is something I could never do, but which I have a great RESPECT for.

I don't want to get a room, I don't want to be good friends , but it's important for me for some unknown reason  to tell ya this shit.

I do respect those who admit their 'inadequicies' and at the same time I sort of disrespect those who claim 'no fear' ......  unless I've been with them in hazardous conditions and they got out with less than shit stained shorts.

End of story! End of  discourse! Thanks for reading.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #230 on: August 25, 2011, 06:30:06 PM »

I guess that lack of respect was due to your occasional attitude towards a number of GetBiggers who seem to lack the education to debate with you.

But I think the chief reason for disliking you in the past was due to your verbose attitude that whatever you said was the definitive truth.

But .... my attitude was changed recently when you admitted your fear of earthquakes.

It takes something that I ain't got to admit that one is afraid of anything ... Man or beast or Mother Nature.

And I honestly wish that I was capable of telling one and all that I fear something that is deep inside my inner-self, but I don't have the guts to follow through.

Many years ago while I was in Nam I did shit that was considered insane by my superiors and my response was to merely laugh and I was transferred to a unit in which there were insaner  individuals than my myself.

I was definitely no hero in the least.... I was merely a bit insane and could not admit it.

My 'INSANITY was my defense against  showing fear ... dumb shit that I was back then.

So your admittance of your great fear of another earthquake is something I could never do, but which I have a great RESPECT for.

I don't want to get a room, I don't want to be good friends , but it's important for me for some unknown reason  to tell ya this shit.

I do respect those who admit their 'inadequicies' and at the same time I sort of disrespect those who claim 'no fear' ......  unless I've been with them in hazardous conditions and they got out with less than shit stained shorts.

LOL @ internet respect. ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #231 on: August 25, 2011, 06:48:59 PM »

I appreciate the kind words my friend.  I know I get carried away at times and I know it isn`t right to do all the time (perhaps its never right).  All of us forget that while these may simply be words on a screen, there is an individual attached to them.  One with emotions, who think, who lives, breathes and dies. 

As far as fear goes, there is not much I do fear so it is a wake up call when I get pulled back into the realm of mortality.  My lack of fear comes directly from nearly my entire family being gone and dead. 

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #232 on: August 25, 2011, 07:01:14 PM »
Thanks, CHAOS! Thanks, TA ..... and while I'm trying to be so damn honest here, let me say the following ....

Only me was a very good friend of mine and there were many occasions when I would do my best to discourage him from rediculing certain individuals on this board.

His response would merely be, "They deserve it!"

But I did know Keith well and have to admit that he any hate for others within him,

But he did have an abundant amount of redicule for others who failed to pay their dues for what they claimed to be or claimed to accomplish.

I have often defended Keith (Only Me) among those who NEVER knew him, but there was no need to defend him among those who knew him well.

End.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #234 on: September 27, 2011, 12:45:17 AM »
Strangest thing I have ever felt.

You get used to it pretty fast though...

The first earthquake i ever felt here in Japan, i felt a little panic coming up but it was over fast.

The 3/11 earthquake was brutal, after that i only have to yawn about everything that is 5-lower and under.
3/11 was a 5-upper or 6-lower here in Tokyo, pretty heavy but still nothing compared to the northern part of Japan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Meteorological_Agency_seismic_intensity_scale

For explanation: Japan scales earthquakes differently, M9 is Japanese shindo 7.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #235 on: September 27, 2011, 10:54:18 PM »
You get used to it pretty fast though...

The first earthquake i ever felt here in Japan, i felt a little panic coming up but it was over fast.

The 3/11 earthquake was brutal, after that i only have to yawn about everything that is 5-lower and under.
3/11 was a 5-upper or 6-lower here in Tokyo, pretty heavy but still nothing compared to the northern part of Japan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Meteorological_Agency_seismic_intensity_scale

For explanation: Japan scales earthquakes differently, M9 is Japanese shindo 7.
Are the laws pretty strict when it comes to building houses due to earthquakes?

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #236 on: September 28, 2011, 02:18:13 AM »
Are the laws pretty strict when it comes to building houses due to earthquakes?

Yes sure, all new buildings are earthquake-safe by the newest standard available, funny thing is that the real old buildings made from wood stand for 100s of years and survive any eartthquake, people knew what they were doing back then.

Modern buildings are sometimes build on "floating platforms", means that in case of an earthquake the whole house will be elevated by air pressure and "hover" over the ground.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #237 on: September 28, 2011, 10:11:00 AM »
I think that the California freeway over-structures are now fitted with some kind of roller device in an attempt to prevent major damage. And there are most likely similar measures for high rise structures, but I hope I'm not in the neighborhood to see how well they worked after the BIG ONE hits.

A good number of very expensive high rise apartments recently built adjacent to SF Bay will be offered dirt-cheap if and when San Andreas wakes up ..... and she's been overdue for a long time and could 'get up' any minute now.