Author Topic: LBA from trueprotein  (Read 19230 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: LBA from trueprotein
« Reply #175 on: November 29, 2008, 03:07:54 PM »
$201.55-$205.73? Where do you come up with those figures?

That would be 153 dollars from my site for the same exact things. You do know that the Mega Pack you ordered is predominantly Whey protein concentrate correct? The regulation is you must list what is in the highest ratios by order on the label......so that just might be 99% whey protein concentrate (heck noone but Now knows)

I could take a shit in a box and charge 153 dollars for it also, but what's the difference?

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #176 on: November 29, 2008, 03:08:58 PM »

That would be 153 dollars from my site for the same exact things. You do know that the Mega Pack you ordered is predominantly Whey protein concentrate correct? The regulation is you must list what is in the highest ratios by order on the label......so that just might be 99% whey protein concentrate (heck noone but Now knows)

doggcrapp, quick question: Is your stuff source in america or china?

DOGGCRAPP

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #177 on: November 29, 2008, 03:16:19 PM »
America.....I know that guy from Protein factory put out this big warning about whey proteins from China....and we were all in the industry shaking our heads with "HUH? What is he rambling about?"

What company in their right minds would ever order protein from China when the Dairy factories are right here in the USA? The shipping itself would be astronomical. I would love to meet any custom manufacturing plant who would ever buy protein from China....he/they would need a catscan. It would be like being in construction and buying concrete from China and having it shipped over here when you can get it right next door.

DOGGCRAPP

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #178 on: November 29, 2008, 03:20:46 PM »
I could take a shit in a box and charge 153 dollars for it also, but what's the difference?

I dont know, I dont have a direct answer for that....you could take a shit in a bucket too and call yourself Colonel Sanders but it depends whether you like to wear white suits or not.

The Apprentice

• Getbig II
« Reply #179 on: November 29, 2008, 03:21:46 PM »

****i did see your ordered double of the maltodextrin now so yes I think I would be around 179

the ratios i ordered are roughly 28 percent protein, 28 percent dextrose, 44 percent maltodextrin for a total of 54 lbs.  i went to the trueprotein site and chose a customized mix of 30 percent protein as it is cheaper per pound there, 25 percent dextrose, and 45 percent maltodextrin.  the shopping cart read $169.29 after the bulk discount, then i entered jason's discount code which saved me $8.46 so the subtotal was $160.83.  add $44.90 for s&h, and you got $205.73 total.

do not get me wrong, i did order from truprotein before, but right now all i need is a cheap workout drink, nothing fancy, no need for high quality protein.  i am just surprised that the website i ordered from gave free shipping on anything above $100 while it is an extra $44.90 at trueprotein.  otherwise, i would not mind paying the $160.83 if the shipping was free, but a $60 price spread including everything was just too much.

DOGGCRAPP

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #180 on: November 29, 2008, 03:24:30 PM »
Noted Apprentice and its something Doug and I are working on with our web development team with our new site coming up.....(we might just have them implement it beforehand though). We have talked about free shipping after a certain dollar amount is spent for quite a long time and I will bring this up again on Monday.

The Apprentice

• Getbig II
« Reply #181 on: November 29, 2008, 03:25:43 PM »
cool, good luck with that

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: November 29, 2008, 03:26:28 PM »
America.....I know that guy from Protein factory put out this big warning about whey proteins from China....and we were all in the industry shaking our heads with "HUH? What is he rambling about?"

What company in their right minds would ever order protein from China when the Dairy factories are right here in the USA? The shipping itself would be astronomical. I would love to meet any custom manufacturing plant who would ever buy protein from China....he/they would need a catscan. It would be like being in construction and buying concrete from China and having it shipped over here when you can get it right next door.

thank you for such honest answer

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: November 29, 2008, 03:27:29 PM »

You gotta love how guys with his lack of ability to rationalize and carpetbagging ways get to have "Special guests" and six stars under his name...

It's like the blind leading the blind.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: November 29, 2008, 03:29:49 PM »
DOGGCRAP, why people should consider buying whey from true protein rather than on's whey?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: November 29, 2008, 03:31:49 PM »
DOGGCRAP, why people should consider buying whey from true protein rather than on's whey?

*patiently awaiting DOGGCRAP to come in and use his 9th grade education to try to explain PhD level biochemistry*

DOGGCRAPP

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #186 on: November 29, 2008, 03:40:45 PM »

They get their CFM from Glanbia, we get our CFM from Glanbia who is the apex of cross flow filtration....its really flip a quarter there. The only difference is this

If you buy 15 pounds of whey protein from TP we go and get your 15 pounds of protein first....and then flavor it.....you paid for 15 pounds of protein powder....in my opinion thats what you should get.

Now with every other company out there .... it takes a 70-90cc scoop of cocoa to flavor a pound of whey protein....and roughly fifteen rounded 70cc scoops = one pound....so when you buy 15 pounds of protein from ANYONE AND I MEAN ANYONE else in the industry what this means is you get 14 pounds of whey protein and one pound of flavor/sweetener = your 15 pounds of protein.

But I'm not on here trying to drum up business...we do very well with word of mouth from elite athletes among each other....NFL, NBA, and a slew of college football programs along with powerlifters/bodybuilders.

I actually asked Phil H (who I think started this thread) not to post anymore over here....I'd prefer this thread to go away and just let this board do its gossip and opinion thing. This whole thread comes out to me as a spam thread and it doesnt sit well with me.  

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #187 on: November 29, 2008, 03:42:24 PM »
They get their CFM from Glanbia, we get our CFM from Glanbia who is the apex of cross flow filtration....its really flip a quarter there. The only difference is this

If you buy 15 pounds of whey protein from TP we go and get your 15 pounds of protein first....and then flavor it.....you paid for 15 pounds of protein powder....in my opinion thats what you should get.

Now with every other company out there .... it takes a 70-90cc scoop of cocoa to flavor a pound of whey protein....and roughly fifteen rounded 70cc scoops = one pound....so when you buy 15 pounds of protein from ANYONE AND I MEAN ANYONE else in the industry what this means is you get 14 pounds of whey protein and one pound of flavor/sweetener = your 15 pounds of protein.

But I'm not on here trying to drum up business...we do very well with word of mouth from elite athletes among each other....NFL, NBA, and a slew of college football programs along with powerlifters/bodybuilders.

I actually asked Phil H (who I think started this thread) not to post anymore over here....I'd prefer this thread to go away and just let this board do its gossip and opinion thing. This whole thread comes out to me as a spam thread and it doesnt sit well with me.  

Dante, what do you think about At large nutrition. Their products make me shit my pants and have been know to make people break out. Have you heard any stories like these?
E

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #188 on: November 29, 2008, 03:45:10 PM »
Dante, what do you think about At large nutrition. Their products make me shit my pants and have been know to make people break out. Have you heard any stories like these?

I'm a big fan of shitting my pants.  I like to walk around with that way.  That's why At Large Nutrition is for me!

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: November 29, 2008, 03:46:14 PM »

But I'm not on here trying to drum up business...

HAHA, you would make one helluva politician if you only had an IQ higher than 80

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #190 on: November 29, 2008, 03:47:22 PM »

Yeah I would be embarrassed to come over here too, selling your wares, if I had badmouthed the owner like you did. If Ron had bad mouthed you in the same manner he would have been banned from intensemuscle with the quickness.

DOGGCRAPP

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #191 on: November 29, 2008, 03:49:59 PM »
*patiently awaiting DOGGCRAP to come in and use his 9th grade education to try to explain PhD level biochemistry*

Ive already seen your past posts bro.....you got nothing productive to say (ever)....you dont matter in my world of avoiding Debbie Downer's....go back to bitching about something....your 1000 plus posts show your very good at that. Oh by the way....that 9th grade education is actually an engineering degree with MIT acceptance on the end of that....before i pursued something else. I find people that try to talk with 5 syllable words using thesaurus's in their posts (instead of talking with the guys around a table like people really talk).....absolutely nauseating to the umpteenth degree.....directly due to having to deal with some of the bloated heads in my engineering past. Sadly you seem to be impressed by those people. Go meet them in real life....you might end up highly dissapointed at the guy who used 'antiestablishments' and 'totalitarianisms' in his online vocabulary.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #192 on: November 29, 2008, 03:53:33 PM »
nothing wrong with Dante trying to make a few bucks, it's the American way, from what i've heard his products are very solid and he doesn't seem to spam the board with them like some other clowns like Chris Mason.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: November 29, 2008, 03:56:09 PM »

One last question, milos sarcev said aminoacids? were made of HAIR, what do you think about this?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #194 on: November 29, 2008, 03:57:04 PM »
One last question, milos sarcev said aminoacids? were made of HAIR, what do you think about this?

Yes want to know too. All aminos except his were made of human hair.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: November 29, 2008, 03:58:24 PM »
Yes want to know too. All aminos except his were made of human hair.

sounds like we have the same doubts :)

DOGGCRAPP

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #196 on: November 29, 2008, 03:59:41 PM »
I can see where all this is going with poly and others......another day of bored online anomynous getbig guys trying to stir the pot. I got too much to do so IM out after I say the following.

Chris Mason is good people. He is liked in the industry, including from Doug and I. From everything I know, he makes good products and gets his ingredients from highly reputable places. If your face broke out or you "crapped your pants" as you say....I wouldnt be blaming Chris (as i said I know he makes good quality products)....Id be pissed off at your genetics which are leading me to conclude that you have a very very rare whey intolerance/allergy. Lactose intolerance/allergy is very common...whey intol/allergy is very rare and if that indeed is what is happening, then i feel bad for you because thats going to put a giant hiccup in your bodybuilding meal plan....and it will be eggwhite, soy, and pea proteins for you. Not exactly everyones favorite for a liquid meal.

The first thing I would do is look into the IgG Food allergy testing by ELISA....that will tell you a great deal.

thats it for me on this thread, my time is very short and I just dont get into the lively back and forth banter you guys so much enjoy. Later.    

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: November 29, 2008, 04:01:25 PM »
I can see where all this is going with poly and others......another day of bored online anomynous getbig guys trying to stir the pot. I got too much to do so IM out after I say the following.

Chris Mason is good people. He is liked in the industry, including from Doug and I. From everything I know, he makes good products and gets his ingredients from highly reputable places. If your face broke out or you "crapped your pants" as you say....I wouldnt be blaming Chris (as i said I know he makes good quality products)....Id be pissed off at your genetics which are leading me to conclude that you have a very very rare whey intolerance/allergy. Lactose intolerance/allergy is very common...whey intol/allergy is very rare and if that indeed is what is happening, then i feel bad for you because thats going to put a giant hiccup in your bodybuilding meal plan....and it will be eggwhite, soy, and pea proteins for you. Not exactly everyones favorite for a liquid meal.

The first thing I would do is look into the IgG Food allergy testing by ELISA....that will tell you a great deal.

thats it for me on this thread, my time is very short and I just dont get into the lively back and forth banter you guys so much enjoy. Later.   

how about milos's statement about aminos?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #198 on: November 29, 2008, 04:04:14 PM »
sounds like we have the same doubts :)

I'm pretty sure Milos was exaggerating. I looked at it a little bit a while back - cysteine or some other amino was sometimes made from human hair. I doubt all individual aminos are commonly derived from human sources. It's not an EAA either.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: November 29, 2008, 04:06:07 PM »
Dante, I hope you can work out having free shipping on orders over a certain dollar amount.  I know several guys here who would order your products if that was available. Shipping to here (Ohio) can really jack up the cost and it can be the deciding factor when making a purchase.