Author Topic: Tebow for MVP  (Read 47293 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Tebow
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2011, 08:03:05 PM »
Tebow is almost totally ineffective as a passer. They also have very little talent on offense. Decker is a number three receiver, but in Denver he is a one. Defensively, they are poor.

Hard to judge.  He has a limp noodle arm and can be very erratic, but he threw a few really nice passes, including the long one in the first quarter that was a hair away from being about a 40-yard TD pass. 

I agree they have very little talent on O.  I'm watching Vick right now and one of the differences between him and Tebow is the great talent surrounding Vick.  (Vick also has a better and more accurate arm and is much faster.) 

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2011, 08:06:03 PM »
Hard to judge.  He has a limp noodle arm and can be very erratic, but he threw a few really nice passes, including the long one in the first quarter that was a hair away from being about a 40-yard TD pass. 

I agree they have very little talent on O.  I'm watching Vick right now and one of the differences between him and Tebow is the great talent surrounding Vick.  (Vick also has a better and more accurate arm and is much faster.) 

Ole Tebow had a rough go today but last week he was a savior. The fans chanted his name and wanted him over Orton and now they got it. How long before they want to get rid of him. Once teams get adjusted to his style of play, he will be even more unsuccessful like today.
D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2011, 08:17:26 PM »
Ole Tebow had a rough go today but last week he was a savior. The fans chanted his name and wanted him over Orton and now they got it. How long before they want to get rid of him. Once teams get adjusted to his style of play, he will be even more unsuccessful like today.

If they put the right pieces around him, run the spread, and block somebody, he should improve.  But we'll see.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2011, 08:20:27 PM »
If they put the right pieces around him, run the spread, and block somebody, he should improve.  But we'll see.

Tim Tebow is no Cam Newton.
D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2011, 08:24:34 PM »
Tim Tebow is no Cam Newton.

Who said he was Cam Newton?

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2011, 08:53:24 PM »
Who said he was Cam Newton?

Have heard the comparisons. I say put him at FB or Tight End and he would be a good one.
D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2011, 09:11:30 AM »
It's tough to truly gauge Tebow with the absolute total lack of talent on the offensive side for Denver.   Line sucks, a bunch of #3 and #4 WR's, ineffective run game, etc... very few QB's would have much success.  Orton at least had Lloyd as a #1. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2011, 10:31:40 AM »
Hey can't throw a medium to long throw without it wobbling. His accuracy and lack of footwork in the pocket will be his undoing.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2011, 10:32:21 AM »
Hey can't throw a medium to long throw without it wobbling. His accuracy and lack of footwork in the pocket will be his undoing.

no dude.. you have to put people around him.. youll see.. he will be awesome.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2011, 10:32:43 AM »

In other words, the fact he's really not an NFL caliber QB.... As "some" people have stated around here.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2011, 01:21:50 PM »
Uh, did any of you even see the game or the highlights?  On the first drive he made a great throw that should have been ruled a TD but wasn't.  Throw was perfect on a fade.  And he was getting hammered all day....besides, he didn't look much worse than "pro bowl" QB Tony Romo this week.  And how many starts does he have under his belt?  Tons of talent around him on offense too.  Give it time fellas.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2011, 01:28:49 PM »
Uh, did any of you even see the game or the highlights?  On the first drive he made a great throw that should have been ruled a TD but wasn't.  Throw was perfect on a fade.  And he was getting hammered all day....besides, he didn't look much worse than "pro bowl" QB Tony Romo this week.  And how many starts does he have under his belt?  Tons of talent around him on offense too.  Give it time fellas.

I watched the whole thing... I haz the NFL Sunday Ticket.

Tony Romo is not some amazing talent either... He's ok, but that's about it.

I simply don't see where Tebow is any better than any "average to below average" quarterback in the league. If he proves me wrong and becomes the man one day, I will absolutely wish him well.

I do remember that Peyton's first season wasn't so great either.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2011, 01:35:53 PM »

Now that Kim Kardishian is single again  ::)   I sure hope Tebow can keep his mind on football and not get his head turned.   :-\
~

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2011, 01:44:31 PM »
I watched the whole thing... I haz the NFL Sunday Ticket.

Tony Romo is not some amazing talent either... He's ok, but that's about it.

I simply don't see where Tebow is any better than any "average to below average" quarterback in the league. If he proves me wrong and becomes the man one day, I will absolutely wish him well.

I do remember that Peyton's first season wasn't so great either.

I agree on Romo and I think you are right on what Tebow is/can become.  I think he can become a legit starting QB in the NFL...not an upper tier guy, but certainly one who can compete.  It's really not going to be settled until Denver gets some semblance of an o line.... 7 sacks and he wasn't holding onto the ball too long on the majority of them....and he was blasted numerous times as he released the ball.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2011, 01:52:19 PM »
I agree on Romo and I think you are right on what Tebow is/can become.  I think he can become a legit starting QB in the NFL...not an upper tier guy, but certainly one who can compete.  It's really not going to be settled until Denver gets some semblance of an o line.... 7 sacks and he wasn't holding onto the ball too long on the majority of them....and he was blasted numerous times as he released the ball.

I agree... this really is more of a defense of Kyle Orton to be honest though.

Tebow certainly isn't some "savior" of the team... And as history shows, if things go bad, it's always the QBs fault.

Kyle Orton should feel redeemed in some small way.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2011, 01:52:34 PM »

I wonder if he couldn't be an effective "slash" guy like Stewart?  Of course, I realize that a lot of qb's don't want to be labeled that way.  
~

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2011, 03:26:54 PM »

He certainly wasn't any worse than Gabbert:  10-30 for 97 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT. 

Way too soon to say whether he will be successful or not. 

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2011, 03:50:57 PM »
Tonight I’m wearing a Tim Tebow jersey so I can throw candy 15 feet above kids heads. Oh, the hilarity.  :D
D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2011, 04:16:18 PM »
I agree... this really is more of a defense of Kyle Orton to be honest though.

Tebow certainly isn't some "savior" of the team... And as history shows, if things go bad, it's always the QBs fault.

Kyle Orton should feel redeemed in some small way.

I liked Orton.  He was just caught in a no-win situation.  They really shouldn't have drafted Tebow and tried to get some o-line help.

And Andy, I think that a "slash" role for Tebow at this stage would be perfect.  If you remember thats what they did at Florida with him as a freshman.  He was a goal-line guy....the ole jump pass baby!  i think that would be a good role and then let him develop.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2011, 04:54:27 PM »
 ;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2011, 05:10:14 PM »
As stated, FFB beast.
Y

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2011, 06:31:52 AM »
Tebow for MVP now

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2011, 09:11:20 AM »
Tebow for MVP now

2-1 baby !!!!!  How many wins your boy Cam got with 3 times as many starts?   ;D

;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2011, 10:54:19 AM »
Solid performance.  No turnovers.  He had 112 yards rushing?  I'm sure he will have up and down performances if he continues to start in what is essentially his rookie season, but he took a step forward yesterday.  Having a consistent running game will help him tremendously. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2011, 11:42:01 AM »
2-1 baby !!!!!  How many wins your boy Cam got with 3 times as many starts?   ;D

;)

Killa Cam Qb Rating of 87.1 and ranked 6th among starting qbs

Tebow.......not on the list..