Author Topic: Tebow for MVP  (Read 47264 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Tebow for MVP
« Reply #250 on: December 12, 2011, 01:15:26 PM »
I wouldn't be so quick to say Tebow is starring in the NFL yet.  Sure Denver is winning games with him but he hasn't shown that he can be a true QB yet.  I mean he was 3 of 16 yesterday until the end of the game when the Bears were playing off and they lost the game, Denver didn't win it.  BTW I am not a Bears fan at all.

He was 3-16 with 6 dropped passes. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #251 on: December 12, 2011, 01:17:13 PM »
This is such a great story.  Really funny to watch and listen to the haters. 

Saw Stephen A. Smith this morning on ESPN.  He was totally humbled.  Pretty funny.   :)

Skip Bayless, who I think is generally a blowhard, has been right on the money about Tebow. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #252 on: December 12, 2011, 01:21:29 PM »
This is such a great story.  Really funny to watch and listen to the haters. 

Saw Stephen A. Smith this morning on ESPN.  He was totally humbled.  Pretty funny.   :)

Skip Bayless, who I think is generally a blowhard, has been right on the money about Tebow. 

I'm loving it too. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #253 on: December 12, 2011, 03:25:06 PM »
I wouldn't be so quick to say Tebow is starring in the NFL yet.  Sure Denver is winning games with him but he hasn't shown that he can be a true QB yet.  I mean he was 3 of 16 yesterday until the end of the game when the Bears were playing off and they lost the game, Denver didn't win it.  BTW I am not a Bears fan at all.
If you watched the game, a lot of those balls should have been caught.  One that would have been a sure touchdown.  That's not Tebow's fault.  Bears didn't lose the game, we won it.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #254 on: December 12, 2011, 03:30:20 PM »
If you watched the game, a lot of those balls should have been caught.  One that would have been a sure touchdown.  That's not Tebow's fault.  Bears didn't lose the game, we won it.

Tell me why the Bronco's lost to the shitty Lions?  ??? ???
D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: December 12, 2011, 05:14:38 PM »
Tell me why the Bronco's lost to the shitty Lions?  ??? ???

The same Lions that are 8-5 and were 5-2 when they played Denver? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #256 on: December 13, 2011, 10:09:49 AM »
lol

Urlacher on Tebow: 'He’s a good running back'
Comments
By Nate Davis, USA TODAY
Updated 23h 35m ago

Probably safe not to count Bears MLB Brian Urlacher among the big believers in Denver's Tim Tebow as a bona fide NFL quarterback even after Chicago's 13-10 OT loss to the Broncos on Sunday.

"He's a good running back," Urlacher said in his assessment of Tebow.

"He does a good job for them. They have a good offense with him back there. They do some different plays. I thought we did a good job overall."

Asked specifically about Tebow's passing proficiency -- he was 3-for-16 for 45 yards with an INT through three quarters before going 18-for-24 for 191 yards with a TD down the stretch and improving to 7-1 as Denver's starter -- Urlacher also offered somewhat faint praise: "Scrambles well, gets guys scrambling around and, you know, we just gotta plaster (cover) our guy and fight him, don't let him do that."

Urlacher suggested the Bears were able to shut down Tebow when they were playing with a single safety deep and only started relenting yards when they switched to their patented Cover-2 look late in the game while trying to protect a 10-0 fourth-quarter lead.

"They kind of went down the field and scored on us," he said.

"We just didn't make plays when we had a chance. That's what it comes down to. And they did."

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/12/bears-mlb-brian-urlacher-on-broncos-qb-tim-tebow-hes-a-good-running-back/1

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #257 on: December 13, 2011, 11:32:14 AM »
"they kind of went down the field and scored on us."

hahaha, "kind of"   C'mon man.   If you want to point fingers at the reason look no further than Marion Barber.  Bailed out of bounds and gave Denver about 35 extra seconds and then the big fumble.  I guess its good that Urlacher isn't throwing his teammate under the bus, but why all the backhanded "compliments."  Bottom line, you got Tebowed bro!  ;D

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #258 on: December 13, 2011, 01:58:00 PM »
Skip Bayless went off on Chris Carter and owned him today.  8)

Chris Carter was thinking, "God, i wish i still had some Crack."  :D :D
D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #259 on: December 13, 2011, 09:53:39 PM »
Skip Bayless went off on Chris Carter and owned him today.  8)

Chris Carter was thinking, "God, i wish i still had some Crack."  :D :D

;)

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: December 14, 2011, 08:57:32 AM »
yo doug.....just pointing out that he is playing inspired ball.....he is a winner and the broncos could get in the playoffs....they have a tough task this week though....playing the patriots.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #261 on: December 14, 2011, 01:00:42 PM »
Skip Bayless went off on Chris Carter and owned him today.  8)

Chris Carter was thinking, "God, i wish i still had some Crack."  :D :D

Damn, that was heated!!!  The one thing I wish Skip would have told Carter that he didn't was that when Carter kept saying "what did he say to his team?"  Skip should have responded more loudly that maybe he doesn't need to run his mouth the "inspire" people.  also Carter having to say to Skip after Skip pointed out he has no SB rings  "I got the same number as you!"  hahahaha, priceless. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #262 on: December 14, 2011, 03:54:50 PM »
Damn, that was heated!!!  The one thing I wish Skip would have told Carter that he didn't was that when Carter kept saying "what did he say to his team?"  Skip should have responded more loudly that maybe he doesn't need to run his mouth the "inspire" people.  also Carter having to say to Skip after Skip pointed out he has no SB rings  "I got the same number as you!"  hahahaha, priceless. 

skip bayless... prob didnt make the park league team as a child... he is a blowhard and he is like 1 for 1000 with his "Opinions"

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: December 14, 2011, 03:56:56 PM »
skip bayless... prob didnt make the park league team as a child... he is a blowhard and he is like 1 for 1000 with his "Opinions"

Calling out Chris Carter just made that episode for me very sweet. I think we all know why.  ;)
D

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #264 on: December 14, 2011, 04:02:48 PM »

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: December 14, 2011, 06:05:11 PM »
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/892412-skip-bayless-exemplifies-all-thats-wrong-with-sports-journalism-today

Ya know i agree with ya, but i cannot stand the Bleacherreport.  :-\ Just remember where Chris Carter went to school.  :D His son, Duron Carter is even dumber then his is. I mean, i do not know how you have a GPA of 0.8 at O$U and wonder why you failed?  ::) ::) Alabama took his son and he is failing there too. Bayless is a jackass though, but he is really good at what he does and that is why ESPN keeps him around.
D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: December 15, 2011, 10:33:30 AM »
Did you watch today?  They had Flutie, a guy who actually knows something about playing QB in an unorthodox way and he agreed with Skip on a bunch of stuff as Stephen A. sat quietly like a bullfrog.  hahaha

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: December 15, 2011, 11:36:53 AM »
Did you watch today?  They had Flutie, a guy who actually knows something about playing QB in an unorthodox way and he agreed with Skip on a bunch of stuff as Stephen A. sat quietly like a bullfrog.  hahaha

Sorry I missed it.   :)  Somebody post a clip if you can find it.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #268 on: December 15, 2011, 02:13:03 PM »
Oh god ::)  When all fails, the douchebag plays the race card on Tebow...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #269 on: December 15, 2011, 02:26:38 PM »
That's stupid.  Race has nothing to do with Tebow or the opportunity he has been given.  In fact, I can't recall a QB getting the kind of negative scrutiny he has gotten so early in his career. 

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #270 on: December 15, 2011, 02:28:55 PM »
That's stupid.  Race has nothing to do with Tebow or the opportunity he has been given.  In fact, I can't recall a QB getting the kind of negative scrutiny he has gotten so early in his career. 

Steve Young did if i re-call.....and so did Randall Cunningham...maybe Warren Moon.
D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #271 on: December 15, 2011, 02:49:49 PM »
Steve Young did if i re-call.....and so did Randall Cunningham...maybe Warren Moon.

Are you kidding?  No they didn't.  Not even close.  Even that dog Jamarcus Russell didn't get this kind of scrutiny only a few games into his career. 

Just look at Gabbart this year.  He's horrible, but you don't hear squat about that. 

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #272 on: December 15, 2011, 05:46:41 PM »
Sorry I missed it.   :)  Somebody post a clip if you can find it.

He's a rapper now.

:D
D

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #273 on: December 15, 2011, 08:23:06 PM »
Are you kidding?  No they didn't.  Not even close.  Even that dog Jamarcus Russell didn't get this kind of scrutiny only a few games into his career. 

Just look at Gabbart this year.  He's horrible, but you don't hear squat about that. 

Steve Young got CRUSHED by the media... Until he won a Super Bowl he was always just the guy that sat behind Montana.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #274 on: December 16, 2011, 10:05:32 AM »
Steve Young got CRUSHED by the media... Until he won a Super Bowl he was always just the guy that sat behind Montana.

The issue was scrutiny of a QB in his first year.  That didn't happen to Young.  Nobody cared about him when his career started with the worst team in the NFL (Tampa Bay) and nobody cared when he sat behind Montana.  The scrutiny with him was whether he could fill Montana's shoes and win the Super Bowl, not whether he was good enough to play QB in the NFL.  No comparison to Tebow at all.