Author Topic: Tebow for MVP  (Read 47077 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Tebow for MVP
« Reply #375 on: January 03, 2012, 01:21:12 PM »
LMAO!!!!!!

Did you see the skit on SNL when jesus came in to the locker room after a tebow comeback.. it was hilarious

I read about it, but never saw it. I need to watch it on youtube, as I heard it was pretty funny.

What do you think of RG III?  I really like him and think that as smart as the guy is with a good head on his shoulders, he could be a pro-bowl caliber QB in a few yrs.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #376 on: January 03, 2012, 01:25:54 PM »
I read about it, but never saw it. I need to watch it on youtube, as I heard it was pretty funny.

What do you think of RG III?  I really like him and think that as smart as the guy is with a good head on his shoulders, he could be a pro-bowl caliber QB in a few yrs.

He looks good.. im not gonna lie.. but i gotta go with luck for my money.. dude looks like Aaron Rogers/Big Ben...

Personally i wouldnt get RGIII. I could be wrong but the way he plays scares the shit out of me if i were a GM... Luck looks a bit more solid

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #377 on: January 03, 2012, 01:32:26 PM »
He looks good.. im not gonna lie.. but i gotta go with luck for my money.. dude looks like Aaron Rogers/Big Ben...

Personally i wouldnt get RGIII. I could be wrong but the way he plays scares the shit out of me if i were a GM... Luck looks a bit more solid

I think Luck is going to be a sure fire all-pro as well.  He could play in almost any system and make it work.  If the team that gets RGIII is smart enough to build the team around him, like Carolina needs to do with Newton, I think he could be very good.  He's a little small and not sure he will hold up to the pounding like i think Luck can.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #378 on: January 04, 2012, 01:46:14 PM »
He should also add:  "run for your life."  Polamalu is going to be all over him. 

John Elway has advice for Tim Tebow
ESPN.com

When asked if Tebow had lost his confidence, Elway said it's "human nature," especially for a young quarterback, "to become more cautious."

Tebow, the author of a six-game winning streak and five fourth-quarter comebacks this season, has regressed over the last month. He's completed 30 of 74 passes (40.5 percent) for 439 yards and one touchdown with four interceptions, three lost fumbles and nine sacks in losses to the Patriots, Bills and Chiefs.

After the first four-turnover game of his career at Buffalo on Christmas Eve, Tebow looked timid last Sunday against Kansas City, unwilling to throw in tight spaces. Afterward, he looked shaken over his 6-for-22 passing performance that produced a season-low 60 yards in Denver's 7-3 loss.

"The key thing for (Tebow) is to go out, put everything behind him, go through his progressions and pull the trigger," Elway told the newspaper.

"When you get into these playoff situations, he's a good enough athlete, you know what, to pull the trigger. He's obviously upset with last week. He's already got an edge to him, so he's ready to go. I like seeing the edge. Oh, yeah. I actually love it. I have full confidence he'll bounce back and have a good week."

http://espn.go.com/guy

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #379 on: January 04, 2012, 06:15:16 PM »

;D
D

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #380 on: January 08, 2012, 03:09:48 PM »
So far in the 1st half Tebow is in beast mode.

Making the Steelers secondary look like fools.

He looks great today.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #381 on: January 08, 2012, 03:38:39 PM »
So far in the 1st half Tebow is in beast mode.

Making the Steelers secondary look like fools.

He looks great today.

There is a lot of time left, but if nothing else, the Broncos are not getting embarrassed.
~

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #382 on: January 08, 2012, 04:11:38 PM »
There is a lot of time left, but if nothing else, the Broncos are not getting embarrassed.

absolutely. And it's a game again. But Tebow has shown today that he deserved this playoff spot.

I stil think his release takes too long but his long shots today were precision guided missiles.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #383 on: January 08, 2012, 04:35:04 PM »
absolutely. And it's a game again. But Tebow has shown today that he deserved this playoff spot.

I stil think his release takes too long but his long shots today were precision guided missiles.

I was halfway through posting that the Broncos are doing everything right, then McGahee fumbles.

Under review...
~

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #384 on: January 08, 2012, 04:42:25 PM »
I was halfway through posting that the Broncos are doing everything right, then McGahee fumbles.

Under review...

Steelers will score and tebow will lead them to the 50 Yard line and Denver will kick the game winning FG.
D

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #385 on: January 08, 2012, 04:47:08 PM »
Steelers will score and tebow will lead them to the 50 Yard line and Denver will kick the game winning FG.

It could very well happen.  At least there was one competitive game this weekend.
~

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #386 on: January 08, 2012, 04:50:10 PM »
Don't even act like that Giants and ATL game was not close.  :D The people down here re depressed. I love it!
D

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #387 on: January 08, 2012, 05:08:17 PM »
I didn't see that coming.  Wow.
~

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #388 on: January 08, 2012, 05:11:31 PM »
BWHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!! WOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!

eat a fat one tebow haters

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #389 on: January 08, 2012, 05:16:19 PM »
BWHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!! WOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!

eat a fat one tebow haters

He did the one thing his critics said he couldn't do: HE BEAT THE #1 DEFENSE in the league with his arm....in the playoffs, with the game on the line.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #390 on: January 08, 2012, 05:18:51 PM »
I'm officially a convert.

He would be my starter next year. There shouldn't be any question as to who the man is in Denver.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #391 on: January 08, 2012, 05:18:56 PM »
And, for the 5th time in the last three seasons, a division champion beats a wildcard team with a better record (the 4th time came earlier today with the Giants, pounding the Falcons).

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #392 on: January 08, 2012, 05:29:57 PM »
 :o

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #393 on: January 08, 2012, 05:48:39 PM »
Do I really even need to say anything?  8)

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #394 on: January 08, 2012, 05:49:50 PM »

ESPN Press Conference...Rapelisburg er in a fedora.  Epic fail.   :-X
~

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #395 on: January 08, 2012, 05:51:30 PM »
I'm officially a convert.

He would be my starter next year. There shouldn't be any question as to who the man is in Denver.

I agree, he actually made some pretty good throws today. Its the best he's looked all year. That game was a lot closer than it had to be. Denver should have won by 2 touchdowns. And shame on Tomlin for not trying a 67 yard field goal to win it in regulation. Announcers were talking how both kickers were hitting from 55 yards in practice and they were hitting the net which is about 15 years away from the goal post.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #396 on: January 08, 2012, 06:19:03 PM »
nope...I think the collective "ahh shit" from the tebow haters says it all.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #397 on: January 09, 2012, 12:02:16 PM »
"Tebow's passer rating of 125.6 was the highest in Broncos postseason history."   :o  Also set a number of other records in the game.  What a great story. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #398 on: January 10, 2012, 12:56:00 PM »
 :)

Pittsburgh's mayor 'Tebows' in defeat

Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl "Tebows" on Tuesday to pay off a bet with Denver's mayor over Sunday's playoff game.
January 10th, 2012

Pittsburgh's mayor knelt down in defeat on Tuesday, donning a Denver Broncos No. 15 jersey and "Tebowing" in front of the Steel City's skyline to pay off a bet he made with the mayor of Denver over the Steelers-Broncos playoff game.

Mayor Luke Ravenstahl's Steelers lost as Denver quarterback Tim Tebow (No. 15) threw an 80-yard touchdown pass on the first play of overtime for a 29-23 victory Sunday.

Tebow's gesture of kneeling in prayer after great plays has become a national phenomenon, but for Ravenstahl it wasn't a craze he wanted a part of.

"This is not something I ever thought I'd have to do, and it certainly wasn't something I was looking forward to," Ravenstahl said. "However, we're good sports here in Pittsburgh, and I want to congratulate Denver on a great win."

If Denver had lost, Mayor Michael Hancock had pledged to wear a Steelers jersey and wave a "terrible towel," SBNation Pittsburgh reported.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/10/pittsburghs-mayor-tebows-in-defeat/?hpt=hp_c2

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #399 on: January 10, 2012, 01:52:44 PM »
:)

Pittsburgh's mayor 'Tebows' in defeat

Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl "Tebows" on Tuesday to pay off a bet with Denver's mayor over Sunday's playoff game.
January 10th, 2012

That's cool...  I actually like silly shit like this.

The last playoff game Denver had with the steelers was filled with classless crap that pissed me off.  Denver radio stations were calling up Pittsburgh businesses with stupid taunting prank calls like they were juveniles and airing it and they would not stop... They just kept it up over and over day after day.  I was about to go down to the station and fucking beat the crap out of these assclowns.