Author Topic: This Cold & Flu Season  (Read 3689 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
This Cold & Flu Season
« on: November 02, 2006, 06:01:37 PM »
Things to have in your medicine cabinet.

http://www.natural-immunogenics.com/silver_overview.php
:

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
Re: This Cold & Flu Season
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 02:04:07 AM »
Could you not have posted this 3 days ago?... sniff cough
It hasn't helped...

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 03:17:10 AM »
do you think that any of that stuff really boosts the immune system?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 08:44:04 AM »
do you think that any of that stuff really boosts the immune system?

Yes, actually I do.  I don't take any of it on an ongoing basis, but...  I'm in an environment daily with a lot of germs, so I'm exposed to a lot.  When I feel the first signs of "something", even an irregular sniffle, or if I'm going to travel, or if everyone around me is sick, I dose up on the Airborne and/or Wellness.  I never get a full blown illness even when everyone around me is hacking.  My husband was  sick last week (cold, flu-ish) and I could tell I might catch it (just a little of the big D), so I dosed up and was fine.  He on the other hand did not heed my ongoing advice to start dosing RIGHT AWAY at the first signs.  I still pumped this stuff into him.  I think his overall illness could've ended up being worse and prolonged without it.
:

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 09:03:53 AM »
 . . . . or you can move to Southern Calfiornia.  I haven't had the flu since I moved out here.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 10:08:32 AM »
cold FX???
bodybuildersreality.com

Purge_WTF

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 10:46:01 AM »
  Alka-Seltzer Cold & Flu medication. Works wonders.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 11:03:54 AM »
How to Short-Circuit a Cold -- Maybe
http://www.webmd.com/content/Article/101/106091.htm?pagenumber=3

I use Zicam for a day or two at the first sign of a cold. 

I use mucinex, if I'm stuffed up.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 01:29:59 PM »
  Alka-Seltzer Cold & Flu medication. Works wonders.

Yes, I agree, that product does really help aleviate the symptoms, but I don't think it does anything to get rid of the problem.

How to Short-Circuit a Cold -- Maybe
http://www.webmd.com/content/Article/101/106091.htm?pagenumber=3

I use Zicam for a day or two at the first sign of a cold. 

The thing with Zicam is - a pharmacist was telling me - is there seems to be a link between that (in the nose stuff) and potential permanent loss of taste and smell.  There's also been some lawsuits in the matter...

http://www.personal-injury.com/practice_areas/Zicam_-_Loss_of_Smell.asp
:

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2006, 02:20:27 AM »

I'm in an environment daily with a lot of germs, so I'm exposed to a lot.

getbig??      ;D

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2006, 09:31:50 AM »

Yes, actually I do.  I don't take any of it on an ongoing basis, but...  I'm in an environment daily with a lot of germs, so I'm exposed to a lot.  When I feel the first signs of "something", even an irregular sniffle, or if I'm going to travel, or if everyone around me is sick, I dose up on the Airborne and/or Wellness.  I never get a full blown illness even when everyone around me is hacking.  My husband was  sick last week (cold, flu-ish) and I could tell I might catch it (just a little of the big D), so I dosed up and was fine.  He on the other hand did not heed my ongoing advice to start dosing RIGHT AWAY at the first signs.  I still pumped this stuff into him.  I think his overall illness could've ended up being worse and prolonged without it.

Best remedy: eat a lot of weird/dirty stuff as kid. Kids need to get dirty, all those hygenic handsoaps are a farce, they undermine the bodie's ability to form a decent immune system. I ignore being sick, it always diminishes to a bit of a cold. Only got real flu 2 times in my life, never had antibiotics...I rule...  ;D

A2daMIR

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2006, 04:23:21 AM »
Believe it or not, Glutamine should deffinately be in your list... the effect of glutamine on your immune system is unbelieavable.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2006, 08:16:49 AM »
airborne is good, but target has their own version and it much cheaper.  echinecia is good too

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2006, 08:18:48 AM »
Echinacea is actually good?  I've always assumed it was an old wives' favourite
It hasn't helped...

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2006, 08:22:36 AM »
it worked for me.  But you have to make sure you get the stronger stuff.  SOme of the best was an australian brand i had gotten froma friend. 

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2006, 10:40:16 AM »
yeah a mothers myth. my mom has that stuff and it tastes like hell.
bodybuildersreality.com

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2006, 01:11:33 PM »

Believe it or not, Glutamine should deffinately be in your list... the effect of glutamine on your immune system is unbelieavable.

It's in there.
:

pushinweightwi

• Getbig III
  • One man's trash, is another man's treasure.BSpears
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2006, 03:06:08 PM »
Natural factors out of canada makes what I believe to be the best echinacea extract out there.  It is called Echinamide, works very well.  There alcohol free extract tastes pretty good too.

chrisg

• Getbig II
  • "No! Try not! Do! Or do not. There is no try."
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2006, 12:05:50 AM »
Best remedy: eat a lot of weird/dirty stuff as kid. Kids need to get dirty, all those hygenic handsoaps are a farce, they undermine the bodie's ability to form a decent immune system. I ignore being sick, it always diminishes to a bit of a cold. Only got real flu 2 times in my life, never had antibiotics...I rule...  ;D

I agree. I was outside getting dirty all the time as a kid all the way up to my freshman year in h.s. and I never get sick *knocks on wood table* My kid sister got prescribed tetracycline, I think it was, for acne and about a year later when she went off to college, she got sick and stayed that way. I've never even gotten my hepatitis shots. If you take a lot of antibiotics all the time, I think your body loses it defenses once you get sick and then it's really hard to get better. I don't know if you stop, if your body eventually bounces back or not. I say, if you're going to try to boost your immune system, go herbal, don't go to your doctor for a prescription made in a lab. Last time I got really sick it was cuz I decided to drink the water out of the de-humidifier in the basement during the summer becuz I figured it would save my mom money from the water bill. The very next day and for the following two weeks I was sick as a dog with a hacking cough. Hehe. Never do that, especially from the basement (mold, mildew, dust, etc. in the air). Not even if you put it through a Brita filter first and boil it which I did. Coincidence? ;D
P.R.: ate four lbs p-butter in 3 days

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2006, 09:31:47 AM »
Selenium...good for the immune system.  BB's generally tax their immune systems harder than others with the tearing down and rebuilding of the muscles.  I try to take immune boosters all year long.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2006, 11:27:40 AM »
Selenium...good for the immune system. 

It's also good for thyroid support.

I try to take immune boosters all year long.

I would not recommend doing that.  Let your own body defend itself most of the time and use the immune boosters when you're compromised.
:

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2006, 02:20:57 PM »
why not just get a flu shot
big or bust

D-Jay

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2006, 10:20:24 PM »
Got the airborne and wellness formula....both good.

what's up with the silver????  Has is actuallly been effective for anyone?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2006, 03:29:12 PM »

It's also good for thyroid support.

I would not recommend doing that.  Let your own body defend itself most of the time and use the immune boosters when you're compromised.

I swear by L-Glutamine as an immune booster (among other things).
I know that not everybody responds the same way to various products, but if I wait until even the earliest signs of sickness to start taking Glut. it does nothing for me. A friend of mine is the exact same way.
On the other hand, I've found from taking it continually for its training benefits that it better helps me as a preventive measure against colds, etc.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2006, 04:47:45 PM »
Got the airborne and wellness formula....both good.

what's up with the silver????  Has is actuallly been effective for anyone?

Colloidal(*sp) Silver / Silver Hydosol - I've just recently heard about it, but it's been around forever I guess.  Seems to be pretty impressive stuff with many different uses.  I know a few people who swear by it (for flu).

Sovereign Silver drops have the highest percentage of active silver at 96% and the smallest particles to make this the most effective silver supplement on the market today. With complete purity that far exceeds all other brands of colloidal silver and a safety level at 10 ppm, this formula may be your most effective tool for maintaining and sustaining your immune defenses in the presence of emerging strains of bacterial, viral and fungal infections as well as for tissue regeneration support. Sovereign Silver is clear and virtually tasteless, unlike other brands where color indicates contaminants, oxidation or additives that do not make for a pure product.
: