Author Topic: Will there ever be another white Mr. Olympia  (Read 6388 times)

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
Will there ever be another white Mr. Olympia
« on: May 12, 2020, 09:26:15 PM »
Not trolling, does anyone think they'll ever be another white Mr. O? Luke was the only guy that actually had a legit chance. The only other guy I guess is Flex Lewis, but I have a hard time seeing him beating even a William Bonac, lead alone a Rhoden, Curry. Ramy. If Bumstead put on another 60 pounds he may have a shot, but that's highly unlikely.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: Will there ever be another white Mr. Olympia
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 10:10:48 PM »
Only if I was to start competing again................oth erwise..........NO !! 

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 10:41:18 PM »
Guys make more money on Youtube and Instagram than being Mr. O,,,mags are dead... Things have really changed in that way, so I don't think you even have the same demographic appeal as one issue.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 01:15:51 AM »
There shall will. Look out for Bodybuilder Neil Andrews.

friedchickendinner

• Getbig IV
  • I've had it
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2020, 01:18:53 AM »

No but a yellow one.

A product of a chinese lab experiement (not corona related)

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2020, 02:24:15 AM »
Dallas looked like a chance too before he chemical over boarded himself.... And now Luke another White guy chance also dead young.

There's no talent even in the black ranks, it's shit across the board.... Patrick Moore getting hyped, he's not that special imo, he would never have got anywhere in the nineties.

As someone said social media and other divisions coupled to the millenial attitude of wanting everything now and it taking at least a decade to get to the Olympia has almost killed men's open.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2020, 03:28:57 AM »
Arnold's son maybe

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2020, 04:32:49 AM »
Not trolling, does anyone think they'll ever be another white Mr. O? Luke was the only guy that actually had a legit chance. The only other guy I guess is Flex Lewis, but I have a hard time seeing him beating even a William Bonac, lead alone a Rhoden, Curry. Ramy. If Bumstead put on another 60 pounds he may have a shot, but that's highly unlikely.

If Darren ever would take his nectar seriously, then yes.
Q

TTfit

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2020, 04:35:12 AM »
Yes because bodybuilding is one of the few sports where being a certain race is not a competitive advantage. A white Mr Olympia will happen again. And in our lifetime.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2020, 04:39:51 AM »
Arnold's son maybe
That would a Mexican Mr. O.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2020, 04:50:16 AM »

Why does it matter??
A

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2020, 04:52:32 AM »
I think that the quality of the Olympia will continue to go down. They amount of drugs needed to place high is a turn off to real athletes.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2020, 04:56:33 AM »
I think that the quality of the Olympia will continue to go down. They amount of drugs needed to place high is a turn off to real athletes.
When were real athletes attracted to it?

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2020, 05:14:26 AM »

Traditional bodybuilding is dead.  The current competitors suck... watery and bloated.  I don't know ANY millennials or gen Z's who care about bodybuilding and they have no aspirations to look like a bodybuilder.  The Planet Fitness mentality has taken over... eating pizza while doing leg extensions is now the norm.

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2020, 05:17:41 AM »
eventually yes, but like vincent said, what does it matter and who cares?

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2020, 05:59:45 AM »
It was just an observation, no racism here. I was a fan of Luke and he had all the tools to possibly win the big one. He also had all the characteristics, he trained hardcore,  he was a straight shooter but had a sense of humor, he had a marketable unique look. Looking at the current crop of guys there no other white guy  I see in the foreseeable future that has a chance.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2020, 06:14:18 AM »
As long as they survive their regimen they will have a shot.
Q

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2020, 06:45:36 AM »
Only if I was to start competing again................oth erwise..........NO !!
                      when tim speaks legends listen. ;D
F

JuicedKangaroo

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2020, 07:07:33 AM »
I always thought a dialled in Josh could be right up there in the mix (yes yes, Aussie bias), especially in a weaker line with no Phil, Ramy etc. Conditioning is his downfall

Guy has sampled most coaches it seems... Chad, Jansen and most recently, Tuor I believe. Unless he can reach his peak again (big query given what he has gone through) he isn't likely to don the thong for us anymore!

INB4 the incredibly creative, original "wow, the guy who claimed natural" when he was saying steroids =/= cheating and that he therefore hasn't cheated when talking to some airhead journalist

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2020, 07:18:30 AM »
Not for a long time, the last white guy to crack top 5 was Dennis Wolf in 2015, and he was 5th. Jay, Branch, and Dennis were the last truly competitive white boys, and they're already ancient in bodybuilding years.

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2020, 07:41:22 AM »
I always thought a dialled in Josh could be right up there in the mix (yes yes, Aussie bias), especially in a weaker line with no Phil, Ramy etc. Conditioning is his downfall

Guy has sampled most coaches it seems... Chad, Jansen and most recently, Tuor I believe. Unless he can reach his peak again (big query given what he has gone through) he isn't likely to don the thong for us anymore!

INB4 the incredibly creative, original "wow, the guy who claimed natural" when he was saying steroids =/= cheating and that he therefore hasn't cheated when talking to some airhead journalist

He was a rising star there up until 2017, since then he has really disappointed...

It's a pity, he hasn t seemed to be able to put on the extra mass needed in chest etc and his conditioning, once a strong point, has been average.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2020, 10:14:02 AM »
Yeah there will be white Mr. O - only white and black people have the genetic ability to build super freaky physique.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2020, 10:21:36 AM »
I miss those days when Mr. Olympia looked like an all american superhero :'(

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2020, 10:28:42 AM »
Smooth as a babies butt.  Did he win with that physique?

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
  • Publisher, MuscleSport Magazine
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2020, 10:32:02 AM »
Flex Lewis is going to win it this year or whenever the next one is of the Dec dates are also postponed.