Author Topic: BARNEY FRANK with RON PAUL team up and call for 25% Reduction of Military Budget  (Read 7609 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
   This isn`t about me, this is about YOUR judging criteria in which YOU made up totally on your own volition.  I only brought up Bill Gates because you claim you can detect if someone dropped out of college by they way they "talk".  That was YOUR claim.  So to test your claim, I would like to still know what about Bill Gates reveals that he dropped out of college?  How can you tell?  I can`t, but you say you can to which I want to understand how you think it is possible.  It doesn`t have to be Bill Gates, it can be anyone, I just used an example of a public figure who is in the spotlight.  Pick anyone of your choosing.  Can you please answer?

Your assumption about me completely wrong, therefore I know your "college litmus test" is complete bullshit.  Personally, I wasted thousands of dollars that I wish I hadn`t for some courses and especially when I lived on campus.  At least my family had the money to pay completely out of pocket so I don`t have any loans to pay back, but a waste of money nonetheless in my opinion.  I am not anti-college in the least,  but to think that it is the end all to education is just plain ignorant.

I don't understand.  My assumption about you was that you were probably a college dropout, judging by your anti-college education ramblings and by the way you write.  Then you say above that you "wasted" money in college, but you did not graduate?  So you are a college dropout.  So my assumption about you is correct.  Do you live in your parents' house too?

No, I would not be able to tell that Bill Gates dropped out of college just by listening to him speak.  That is because, unlike you, Bill Gates knows the value of a college education even though he dropped out of college because life presented him a rare, much better opportunity.  Unlike you, Bill Gates does not think that a college education is a waste of money.  Bill Gates is smart enough to know that he is the exception and not the norm.  Like I said before, you are no Bill Gates.

I'm not trying to put you down for dropping out of college.  You are the one putting yourself down for that.  You come across as bitter and insecure with your anti-college education ramblings.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
TA was given a trust fund and lives off of that. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Zero life experience but he's not SAMSON either.
L

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
I don't understand.  My assumption about you was that you were probably a college dropout, judging by your anti-college education ramblings and by the way you write.  Then you say above that you "wasted" money in college, but you did not graduate?  So you are a college dropout.  So my assumption about you is correct.  Do you live in your parents' house too?

No, I would not be able to tell that Bill Gates dropped out of college just by listening to him speak.  That is because, unlike you, Bill Gates knows the value of a college education even though he dropped out of college because life presented him a rare, much better opportunity.  Unlike you, Bill Gates does not think that a college education is a waste of money.  Bill Gates is smart enough to know that he is the exception and not the norm.  Like I said before, you are no Bill Gates.

I'm not trying to put you down for dropping out of college.  You are the one putting yourself down for that.  You come across as bitter and insecure with your anti-college education ramblings.
I graduated in 2003 from UNC and then went back to pursue another degree. All a waste.  Jezebelle also has 2 degrees and she finds them a waste as well. My parents are both dead so your assumptions are completely false.
I Love The True Adon

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
I graduated in 2003 from UNC and then went back to pursue another degree. All a waste.  Jezebelle also has 2 degrees and she finds them a waste as well. My parents are both dead so your assumptions are completely false.

Good for you!  Good for Jezebelle!  Sorry about your parents!

You are the first college graduate I know of who bashes his college education and considers it a waste of money.  And that still makes you sound like someone who did not attend college or dropped out of college, even if you did graduate.

Bill Gates knows the value of a college education, and one of the many requirements for a job at Microsoft is a bachelors degree at least.  And that is true for most high paying jobs out there, and many low paying jobs too.  

By your logic, I guess you wouldn't have a problem trusting a guy who never went to medical school to perform surgery on you, or defend you in a court of law having never gone to law school.  As long as he knows his stuff, right?

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Good for you!  Good for Jezebelle!  Sorry about your parents!

You are the first college graduate I know of who bashes his college education and considers it a waste of money.  And that still makes you sounds like someone who did not attend college or dropped out of college, even if you did graduate.

Bill Gates knows the value of a college education, and one of the many requirements for a job at Microsoft is a bachelors degree at least.  And that is true for most high paying jobs out there, and many low paying jobs too. 

By your logic, I guess you wouldn't have a problem trusting a guy who never went to medical school to perform surgery on you, or defend you in a court of law having never gone to law school.

Its not that simple really.

Some of America`s best legal minds never went to Law School.  I wouldn`t have hesitated to let Abraham Lincoln defend me.

I consider Clarence Darrow to be one of the greatest lawyers in history, yet he never graduated.  I would have loved to have him defend me.

As for a surgeon, I would like to know success rates and length of practice first and foremost as well as any malpractice suits or board violations.  To me, that is more indicative of skill than what school they attended.
I Love The True Adon

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Sorry TA  - those people entered in apprenticeship programs for years in the place of formal law school. 

Next. 

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Sorry TA  - those people entered in apprenticeship programs for years in the place of formal law school. 

Next. 
Exactly.  They didn`t graduate anywhere.  They simply taught themselves.  Especially in the case of Abraham Lincoln.  He used to walk miles to get law books and then would read them voraciously.
I Love The True Adon

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Exactly.  They didn`t graduate anywhere.  They simply taught themselves.  Especially in the case of Abraham Lincoln.  He used to walk miles to get law books and then would read them voraciously.

Do you know what apprentice means?

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
I`d even let Old Hickory or John Adams defend me.

James Madison never got admitted to the bar but he is the principle author of the Constitution as well as The Federalist Papers.  ;)

Alexander Hamilton, another one of America`s First Constitutional lawyers and co-author of the Federalist Papers never graduated.

I wouldn`t hesitate for a moment to let any of them defend me or the Constitution, the supreme law of our country.
I Love The True Adon

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Do you know what apprentice means?
Yep and it has nothing to do with College or graduating from College.
I Love The True Adon

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Yep and it has nothing to do with College or graduating from College.

No, but there is a huge difference between being an apprentice to a master or learned skilled professional and simply embaraking on your own and claiming to be an expert on something.   

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

Bashing college education while allowing a guy who never went to medical school perform heart surgery on you because he "taught himself" how to do it makes you two things: consistent and crazy.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
   Lets face it, 120 credit hours hardly make anyone qualified in anything.  I can literally count on my hand the few truly valuable classes that have been somewhat worthwhile.  I assume you have been to school.  Have you ever been left with wonderment as to why you cannot finish a text book in the allotted time with some teachers disregarding them totally?  Spending a week to cover Cell Replication is hardly enough to do it any justice let alone learn much of anything.  Spending one day on the Assassination of Abraham Lincoln does virtually nothing to understanding why and how....

IMO, college does a couple of things.

First, it's another 4 years of growing up and maturing.

Second, it teaches (or attempts to teach) critical thinking.  Obviously, you won't get all the ins and outs of cell reproduction in one week.  You're not supposed to.  If you want to delve into that area in more depth, then pursue a degree in biology.  But, for those who only need an introduction into biology, that's more than enough.

These core classes teach research methods, how to analyze data, how to think about issues critically, and often force students to express themselves in writing.  Content is only one aspect.

Now I will agree with you that many individuals become learned without formal education.  But, for the average Joe, like me, who needs credentials to get a job, advance, etc., it's invaluable.

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III

IMO, college does a couple of things.

First, it's another 4 years of growing up and maturing.

Second, it teaches (or attempts to teach) critical thinking.  Obviously, you won't get all the ins and outs of cell reproduction in one week.  You're not supposed to.  If you want to delve into that area in more depth, then pursue a degree in biology.  But, for those who only need an introduction into biology, that's more than enough.

These core classes teach research methods, how to analyze data, how to think about issues critically, and often force students to express themselves in writing.  Content is only one aspect.

Now I will agree with you that many individuals become learned without formal education.  But, for the average Joe, like me, who needs credentials to get a job, advance, etc., it's invaluable.
I agree.
I Love The True Adon

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
college can teach you to recognize and capitalize upon opportunities.

the most motivated people succeed in life.  Many motivated people choose college.  Some dont, and still make good $, if they're motivated, or lucky.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
college can teach you to recognize and capitalize upon opportunities.

the most motivated people succeed in life.  Many motivated people choose college.  Some dont, and still make good $, if they're motivated, or lucky.
good point