Author Topic: I hate needles  (Read 2338 times)

clayton green

• Getbig II
Re: I hate needles
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2007, 04:11:19 PM »
The 25 gauges are tough to push if you are pushing in 2 or more cc's  When I am doing it mysely (DIY) I like the 23 gauge as they push quicker and are  easier on my thumb. I tried freakfestmd's suggestion and used 1" on the glues  the other day in  lieu of the 1.5" and the next day they were hurting like hell for some reason.

krazee

• Getbig III
  • It's all about the next shirt size....
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2007, 07:20:13 AM »
Agree! and have said the same thing before.  Really no reason for a 25Ga with oils, whats wrong with the 23ga?  It passes the compound much better.

Are you saying it because it passes the compound faster or is there a breakdown with the 25Ga that you end up losing compound? If it is a matter of time, just like bodybuilding, patience is a virtue and I don't mind waiting just a little longer with the smaller pin.
Just spot me BITCH!!!

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2007, 07:24:52 AM »
Are you saying it because it passes the compound faster or is there a breakdown with the 25Ga that you end up losing compound? If it is a matter of time, just like bodybuilding, patience is a virtue and I don't mind waiting just a little longer with the smaller pin.

The thing is, if you have to press like hell, and it wiggles all around, it makes for a hurting shot.
I find more'n 1cc thru a 25ga is hard to press and not stay still.

The depth of the shot and t he particular muscle also has a effect on release rate. Its meant for "Deep IM injection".
But like most of us care if it releases faster than intended ;D

krazee

• Getbig III
  • It's all about the next shirt size....
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2007, 07:33:36 AM »
The thing is, if you have to press like hell, and it wiggles all around, it makes for a hurting shot.
I find more'n 1cc thru a 25ga is hard to press and not stay still.

The depth of the shot and t he particular muscle also has a effect on release rate. Its meant for "Deep IM injection".
But like most of us care if it releases faster than intended ;D

That would explain alot of the painful shots in the past I had always assumed it was just what I was taking, although that probably has something to do with it as well. I will say this I find doin my shot in the shower has reall helped as the heat from the steam makes it easier to push in...wow, that really sounded wrong, LOL.
Just spot me BITCH!!!