Author Topic: Who here objects to a 50% income tax rate on earnings above $1MIL  (Read 18084 times)

War-Horse

• Getbig V
Re: Who here objects to a 50% income tax rate on earnings above $1MIL
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2012, 05:32:44 PM »
ahhhhh its been "easy" to move money around for decades now....

I agree the middle class is the engine and the business owners are the drivers. you need both of them, without investments and savings the middle class wouldnt have jobs you dumb ass.

You seem retarded. So you agree that the cuts should go to the engine and the wealthy are going to be okay losing a little lunch money.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2012, 05:35:21 PM »
hahahah i recently heard on a television show that you can drink hard liquor at your butt naked strip clubs.

can you confirm this?

absolutely... they even have 'contact' strip clubs... like on bourbon street...

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2012, 06:21:59 PM »

I've drank hard liquor in strip clubs in Vegas, and those bitches got naked. Also in West Virginia they are full nude, and you can get liquor.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2012, 06:24:08 PM »
I've drank hard liquor in strip clubs in Vegas, and those bitches got naked. Also in West Virginia they are full nude, and you can get liquor.

where i used to live in downtown montreal, i could walk to over 20 strip clubs in less than 10 minutes

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2012, 06:50:45 PM »
The US does not have a taxing problem...it has a SPENDING problem.

You can increase taxes by 100% across the board and you still wouldn't be able to put a serious dent in the national debt.

American has decided it will be a world policeman and a nation filled with those on the government dole.  Unless extreme cuts are directed towards Medicare/Medicaid, public assistance, and Defense, the United States will become bankrupt.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2012, 09:58:33 PM »

You seem retarded. So you agree that the cuts should go to the engine and the wealthy are going to be okay losing a little lunch money.
if thats what you got from that post you have major reading comprehension problems...

everyone should be able to keep more of their money, as Ive already shown spending cuts have a much bigger impact on the bottom line than tax increases.

I can re-explain it to you but you wouldnt think I would have to for someone who supposedly owned their own business ::) what type of business was that again.

both are important and both should be able to keep more of their hard earned money away from the inefficient and money grubbing hands of the govt, what part of that do you not comprehend dumb ass?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2012, 09:59:51 PM »
that settles it free health care and welfare for all!!!

boobs, liquor and full contact lap dances!!!

Im running for office bitches!!!!!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2012, 10:34:32 PM »
Running on a booze and lapdances platform would probably be pretty successful in most races

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2012, 10:38:04 PM »
Running on a booze and lapdances platform would probably be pretty successful in most races
dont forget the boobs dizzle!!!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2012, 10:43:40 PM »
Lol I'm more of an ass man haha

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2012, 11:01:47 PM »
Seriously? Half of anything over a million should be redistributed... you can still be filthy rich if that's your ambition...

No objection here. 

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #111 on: November 11, 2012, 12:40:54 AM »
No objection here. 

Of course not - why shouldn't people who make more money than you be forced to give that money to you? ::)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2012, 03:29:13 AM »
that settles it free health care and welfare for all!!!

boobs, liquor and full contact lap dances!!!

Im running for office bitches!!!!!

like i said... that's canada in a nutshell

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #113 on: November 11, 2012, 10:04:25 AM »
I think the real question here, isn't why shouldn't they give it up, its why should they be forced to fork over half of what they earn? It makes no sense. Go out and earn a lot of money, but if you do, we're going to take half.

You get half, we get the other half of your work. Yup, sounds fair.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #114 on: November 11, 2012, 11:54:15 AM »
The same could be said about any tax of any kind and any type. Besides, I don't think the thees starter wants to take half of what people earn, but half of what they earn over 1 million.  So if you make 1.5 million then don't get taxed 750k you only get taxed 250k (half of earnings OVER 1 million )

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: November 11, 2012, 12:25:04 PM »
The same could be said about any tax of any kind and any type. Besides, I don't think the thees starter wants to take half of what people earn, but half of what they earn over 1 million.  So if you make 1.5 million then don't get taxed 750k you only get taxed 250k (half of earnings OVER 1 million )
that 1 million would still get taxed at a lower rate as well dizzle thats the way our tax system works.

again why does anybody feel the govt has a right to 50% of anybodies shit?

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #116 on: November 11, 2012, 12:31:06 PM »
If there's limited wealth on this planet, it seems we have to be more realistic about what's "hard earned" and what's not.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2012, 12:31:43 PM »
that 1 million would still get taxed at a lower rate as well dizzle thats the way our tax system works.

again why does anybody feel the govt has a right to 50% of anybodies shit?
They don't. I think Taylors point was that anything OVER 1 million, the goverment takes 50%. So in reality, if you made 2 million, they'd take 500k from the 2nd million, in addition to the standard tax rate on the 1st million.

If that makes sense. I worded that poorly I think.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2012, 12:35:13 PM »
Yes that's how our system works but I wouldn't have it set up that way if it was up to me. I don't like taxation because its coercion howeve being pragmatic and realizing the debt we have and the entitlements we need to honor I would enact something like first 250k is tax free and everything over that gets taxed at 30 or 40percent

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2012, 12:36:09 PM »
Yes that's how our system works but I wouldn't have it set up that way if it was up to me. I don't like taxation because its coercion howeve being pragmatic and realizing the debt we have and the entitlements we need to honor I would enact something like first 250k is tax free and everything over that gets taxed at 30 or 40percent
Im not sure there is enough people earning over 250k to support our current system.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #120 on: November 11, 2012, 12:37:56 PM »
Asking what right the government has to take 50% of somebodies money is a good question that applies even if the government is only takin 0.01% of peoples wealth. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #121 on: November 11, 2012, 12:39:42 PM »
Asking what right the government has to take 50% of somebodies money is a good question that applies even if the government is only takin 0.01% of peoples wealth. 
I feel that we have a duty to pay taxes not for the governments sake, but for the sake of our fellow citizens... but IMHO, 50% is retarded no matter how much you make. I guess it becomes a question of, where is the line?

Like some people have said, a sales tax would make more sense, the more you buy, the more you pay in.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #122 on: November 11, 2012, 12:40:14 PM »
Probably not but if you apply that tax rate to capital gains and inheritance and don't allow any exemptions of any kind then it would probably be sufficient so long as we started being better about how we invest and spend our revenues

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #123 on: November 11, 2012, 12:41:59 PM »
Probably not but if you apply that tax rate to capital gains and inheritance and don't allow any exemptions of any kind then it would probably be sufficient so long as we started being better about how we invest and spend our revenues
I don't agree with inheritance, that money has already been taxed. Why should it be taxed twice?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #124 on: November 11, 2012, 12:44:15 PM »
A duty to your fellow man doesn't mean paying taxes it just means helping in what way you can.  Besides, if your neong forced to give the money, is there really any moral value to that act? It wasn't by choice that you psof the tax, OT was at gun point.  Now if on your income statement you got to voluntarily check a box for a program and donate however much you wanted, then that would be morally valuable