Author Topic: Atheists are STUPID!  (Read 33056 times)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Atheists are STUPID!
« on: April 13, 2006, 11:12:03 AM »
There minds are so far gone that they won't even believe the most credible truth! God exists.

It is said that the greatest trick the evil one has played on humans was convince them that their is no God!

God is and was and always will be. Bow down to his majesty and worship him and maybe he will forgive your sins.

Only one way to God and its through Jesus!
just push some weight!

Johnny Apollo

Re: Atheists are STUPID!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 11:14:12 AM »
Ok...Now PROVE IT.

Prove God exists.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 11:29:01 AM »
Alexxx, play along with him.

Tell him to prove that God doesn't exist. He can't. He'll say it's impossible to prove God doesn't exist. For all of Johnny's knowledge, his two bachelors degress, and all his science books he simply can't prove the non-existence of God.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 11:30:39 AM »
Thanks w8tlftr!

Ha! Prove that God doen't exist!
just push some weight!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 11:32:37 AM »
Careful alexxx or he will challenge you to a pit fight.  ::)

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 11:33:39 AM »
Alexxx, play along with him.

Tell him to prove that God doesn't exist. He can't. He'll say it's impossible to prove God doesn't exist. For all of Johnny's knowledge, his two bachelors degress, and all his science books he simply can't prove the non-existence of God.

NO ONE can.

But the burden isn't on me. I'm not claiming anything.

The burden is on HIM for making the claim.

slippediskmountian

• Getbig IV
  • absolute power corrupts absolutely
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 11:34:26 AM »
and prove goatboys heterosexuality ;D

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 11:36:49 AM »
Outside a legal context, "burden of proof" means that someone suggesting a new theory or stating a claim must provide evidence to support it: it is not sufficient to say "you can't disprove this". Specifically, when anyone is making a bold claim, it is not someone else's responsibility to disprove the claim, but is rather the person's responsibility who is making the bold claim to prove it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof#Science_and_other_uses

::)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 11:39:25 AM »
just push some weight!

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 11:41:26 AM »
Those are the theories and laws of men. That means nothing.

You aren't making sense.

You postulated a claim and now the burden is on YOU to prove your claim. If you can't then your claim is baseless.

I can claim all types of things but saying "you can't disprove it" isn't proof of anything. Belief in something based on not being able to disprove it is a logical fallacy.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 11:47:27 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof#Science_and_other_uses

when anyone is making a bold claim, it is not someone else's responsibility to disprove the claim, but is rather the person's responsibility who is making the bold claim to prove it

Hellllllooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

That's what I've been telling you, Johnny.

You said God was a myth which says to me "fairytale" or not real.

The burden of proof is on YOU.

Please open your library of science books and prove he does not exist.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 11:54:00 AM »
I say that leprechauns exist!

Does anyone disagree with this?

If you do, you have to prove that leprechauns don't exist.

If you can't, that means that leprechauns do exist, and I'm right and you're wrong!

I believe in leprechauns. There is one on my daughter's cereal box.  :)

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 12:22:51 PM »
when anyone is making a bold claim, it is not someone else's responsibility to disprove the claim, but is rather the person's responsibility who is making the bold claim to prove it

Hellllllooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

That's what I've been telling you, Johnny.

You said God was a myth which says to me "fairytale" or not real.

The burden of proof is on YOU.

Please open your library of science books and prove he does not exist.

I retracted my claim that "God is not real" and i've already proven "God is a myth".

Myth-a traditional story accepted as history.

wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

"God" making the world is a traditional story accept as History, Thus a "myth".

Now i've proven my claim..YOU proves YOURS.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2006, 01:03:48 PM »
Quote from: Johnny Apollo

I retracted my claim that "God is not real" and i've already proven "God is a myth".

Johnny, I'm not sure I understand what claim has been proven?  How have you proved that God is a myth?  Because you've simply used the word God in a sentence with the definition of the word myth, you've proven that God is a myth?   ???

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2006, 01:35:54 PM »

I'm not playing this game with you, Johnny. I don't have the time nor the desire to put effort into something you'll quickly dismiss. Anything ANYONE tells you will be viewed by you as non-credible because you simply lack faith. Nothing I can say or do can or will change that. It's your journey and yours alone.

As I told you, I have very personal reasons for my faith and I certainly don't have to explain them to a non-believer. Can you see how Matthew 7:6 applies here?

Besides, you're the one putting Christianity on trial - not me.

BTW, by retracting your claim of saying God is not real you're saying that it is possible that he is.

When you remove all that is impossible what remains is possible.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2006, 01:40:50 PM »

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2006, 01:55:13 PM »
For as much effort and resources Johnny spends on all these claims that God is not real, the more is evident to me that I think he knows hes real and just doesn't want to accept it.  There is all this hate for Christianity.....why?  Because it is the only threat to the kingdom of darkness.  I am glad that the battle has already been won.  It must really burn inside you to know that Jesus has died for people even like you, yet you still choose to miss out on the real experience of life.   

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2006, 01:57:25 PM »
Johnny, could you please share your opinions/thoughts regarding Professor Antony Flew ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Flew

"a deity or a 'super-intelligence' [is] the only good explanation for the origin of life and the complexity of nature." "I now realize that I have made a fool of myself by believing that there were no presentable theories of the development of inanimate matter up to the first living creature capable of reproduction."

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2006, 01:57:43 PM »
I'm not playing this game with you, Johnny. I don't have the time nor the desire to put effort into something you'll quickly dismiss. Anything ANYONE tells you will be viewed by you as non-credible because you simply lack faith. Nothing I can say or do can or will change that. It's your journey and yours alone.

As I told you, I have very personal reasons for my faith and I certainly don't have to explain them to a non-believer. Can you see how Matthew 7:6 applies here?

Besides, you're the one putting Christianity on trial - not me.

BTW, by retracting your claim of saying God is not real you're saying that it is possible that he is.

When you remove all that is impossible what remains is possible.

You're still failing to provide proof..

BTW saying "I'm not claiming god does not exist" isn't saying "it is possible it exists" I don't even know if it's possible but from our current understanding of physics..it isn't.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2006, 01:58:47 PM »
Johnny, I'm not sure I understand what claim has been proven?  How have you proved that God is a myth?  Because you've simply used the word God in a sentence with the definition of the word myth, you've proven that God is a myth?   ???

I've proven "GOD" fits the definition of a myth.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2006, 02:02:55 PM »
You're still failing to provide proof..

BTW saying "I'm not claiming god does not exist" isn't saying "it is possible it exists" I don't even know if it's possible but from our current understanding of physics..it isn't.

I'm sorry, Johnny, but I simply can not provide the scientific proof you're seeking. My beliefs are based on my reasoning, my faith, and personal life events.

Quite frankly, I highly doubt anyone can give you the proof you want.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2006, 02:03:14 PM »
Johnny, could you please share your opinions/thoughts regarding Professor Antony Flew ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Flew

"a deity or a 'super-intelligence' [is] the only good explanation for the origin of life and the complexity of nature." "I now realize that I have made a fool of myself by believing that there were no presentable theories of the development of inanimate matter up to the first living creature capable of reproduction."

It's false. The naturalistic explanations are the only "good" explanations going by the scientific method. Big-bang and Evolution are the most supported explanations and are clear facts. There is zero evidence for a "deity" so that explanation can't be said to be "good".

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2006, 02:04:03 PM »
I'm sorry, Johnny, but I simply can not provide the scientific proof you're seeking. My beliefs are based on my reasoning, my faith, and personal life events.

Quite frankly, I highly doubt anyone can give you the proof you want.

If proof existed it could be provided. No proof exists and that's why no one can provide it.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2006, 02:09:38 PM »

It's false. The naturalistic explanations are the only "good" explanations going by the scientific method. Big-bang and Evolution are the most supported explanations and are clear facts. There is zero evidence for a "deity" so that explanation can't be said to be "good".

Clear facts? You mean the scientific community was able to prove beyond reasonable doubt that "the Big Bang" created the universe and that evolution is indeed hardcore fact?

These are theories that have been proven through countless tests in a controlled environments?

Don't get me wrong. I'm very open to the idea of evolution - I really am. I'm just not ready to jump on the "evolution" bandwagon yet. I guess you could call it a lack of faith.  ::)

What do you think of Antony Flew?

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2006, 02:11:34 PM »

If proof existed it could be provided. No proof exists and that's why no one can provide it.

The same goes for proof that God doesn't exist as atheists claim.