Author Topic: Question for the religion people..  (Read 18121 times)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Question for the religion people..
« on: April 16, 2006, 08:11:52 PM »
whats the difference between jewish and christian people..yanno whats the difference between the old testicle and the new testicle (ok i think its funny k  >:(  )  ?

pleeeeeze keep it under 10ish lines..
carpe` vaginum!

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
Re: Question for the religion people..
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 08:18:28 PM »
whats the difference between jewish and christian people..yanno whats the difference between the old testicle and the new testicle (ok i think its funny k  >:(  )  ?

pleeeeeze keep it under 10ish lines..

I get to eat at Bob Evans and Red Lobster restaurants.  ;)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 08:45:43 PM »

seriously man....
and i didn't get that joke  :(
carpe` vaginum!

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 09:13:21 PM »
Before christianity .....hence ( before christ).   God made a promise to Abraham to make his family line, the one that would give birth to the savoir Jesus Christ.
This started the Jewish religion ( as accounted by Moses).   They had very detailed and burdensome laws to live by though.   This was the price for them to pay to be Gods chosen people.

This was called the Mosaic law. Not just 10 comandments, but hundreds.  The local jewish scholars were called Pharisee's and Saducee's. They added huge amounts of more details that were not required.

Hence when Jesus ( Gods son )  finally got here.  The mosaic law was really messed up and Jesus taught that he was the new law.  Matt 5:17.     It was shocking to the jews that Jesus was healing people on sabbath days.  He was eating with prostitutes and lepers.  The Jews hated him, they were pompous and self-rightous.

True christianity was born, but less tha 100yrs after he died, pagan beliefs started entering the church again.      But the truth is still out there. ;)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 09:19:03 PM »
The Jews hated him, they were pompous and self-rightous

:-\  exhibit A : exactly whats wrong with religion...

and you sound like my dad..i'm from a muslim family..he says muhammed came after jesus so we should just go along with "the latest" word of god...quran  ::)

anyhow..thanx for keeping it short and simple  8)
carpe` vaginum!

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 09:23:43 PM »
Islam was never meant to be new word of god, or a new religion for that matter, idiot  >:( The basic message has always been the same, but as war-horse pointed out, God's word was tampered with over the years..
follow the arrows

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006, 09:27:54 PM »
:-\  exhibit A : exactly whats wrong with religion...

and you sound like my dad..i'm from a muslim family..he says muhammed came after jesus so we should just go along with "the latest" word of god...quran  ::)

anyhow..thanx for keeping it short and simple  8)

Im glad you asked avenger. Your a cool dude. 8)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006, 09:47:01 PM »
Islam was never meant to be new word of god, or a new religion for that matter, idiot  >:( The basic message has always been the same, but as war-horse pointed out, God's word was tampered with over the years..

ok ok man..last time i actually set foot in a mosque to please my dad ws yrs n yrs ago..

although i do always show up for Eid everyyr to collect money from the elders  :)

(for war and others : on muslim eid (like X-mas) instead of presents the youngsters get $..so i show up like a good wittle muslim boy every yr in my tradational garb and collect around $500 to $600 in a matter of an hour ansd then i pull a copperfield  ;D   )
carpe` vaginum!

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 03:55:14 AM »

lol w8 that was funny!

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 05:52:45 AM »
I'd like someone to scientifically prove the events of the bible(WITHOUT USING THE BIBLE). Scientifically prove everything happened in the bible without once referencing the bible. Prove Genesis,Exodus,Ect..ect without using the bible. But using science and history.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 06:06:55 AM »
seriously man....
and i didn't get that joke  :(

Pork (sausage) and shellfish.  :-\

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 06:10:27 AM »
I'd like someone to scientifically prove the events of the bible(WITHOUT USING THE BIBLE). Scientifically prove everything happened in the bible without once referencing the bible. Prove Genesis,Exodus,Ect..ect without using the bible. But using science and history.

???  wait   ???

how do you prove the events of the Bible without actually using the Bible?  in other words, are you making a point to say, "if you take away the Bible, nothing really happened."  Is this what you're asking, JA?

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006, 06:27:06 AM »
???  wait   ???

how do you prove the events of the Bible without actually using the Bible?  in other words, are you making a point to say, "if you take away the Bible, nothing really happened."  Is this what you're asking, JA?

I'm saying the bible is just an old book. You can't use the bible to confirm the bible,That's circular reasoning. I'm asking for confirmation of the events in the bible without refrencing the bible as evidence of the bible.

Prove the events in the bible scientifically and historically. Without ever saying "Becuase the bible says so!".

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2006, 06:34:48 AM »
Toxy,

War-Horse's post is great...here's an even shorter explanation of the difference:

Jews (in gen) don't believe Jesus was/is the Messiah.  Christians do.

And like War-Horse said, thanks for being respectful and wanting to learn stuff :)

I've got a lot of questions for haidar and Dan-O.....but I'll start threads on those later...got to get to the gym...
R

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2006, 06:40:13 AM »
Toxy,

War-Horse's post is great...here's an even shorter explanation of the difference:

Jews don't believe Jesus was/is the Messiah.  Christians do.

And like War-Horse said, thanks for being respectful and wanting to learn stuff :)

I've got a lot of questions for haidar and Dan-O.....but I'll start threads on those later...got to get to the gym...

Did you read my explanations of how the passages you posted where jesus was speaking isn't him claiming to be God?

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2006, 07:00:12 AM »
Quote from: Johnny Apollo
I'm saying the bible is just an old book. You can't use the bible to confirm the bible,That's circular reasoning. I'm asking for confirmation of the events in the bible without refrencing the bible as evidence of the bible.

Prove the events in the bible scientifically and historically. Without ever saying "Becuase the bible says so!".

Isn't this still circular reasoning, even by your own definition?

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2006, 07:07:21 AM »

"Circular reasoning" is using a claim as evidence of a claim.

The claim is the bible is true. Claming the bible is true based on the bible being true is a circular claim.

You can't use the bible as evidence of the bible. It's just an old book. IF it is indeed true you should be able to establish the claims the bible makes without using the bible itself as evidence of the claims.

For instance the "Great flood". Let's forget the bible exists. The claim is there was a global flood a few thousand years ago. The goal is to prove that claim scientifically.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2006, 11:11:23 AM »
Pork (sausage) and shellfish.  :-\

you'r not allowed shellfish?

the pork bit i get.muslims aren't allowed pork either..
carpe` vaginum!

snatch_clean

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2006, 03:48:54 PM »

Colossus you indeed are 6'1" 311 lbs with an IQ rivaling your chest measurement.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2006, 05:47:56 PM »

All things cannot be accounted for, but I have posted numerous links and articals that you will not address simply because it comes from Christian sites that also have secular backing!

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2006, 07:46:55 PM »

It's my understanding that Jews do not eat pork or shellfish. Have my Jewish friends been having fun with me?  :P

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2006, 08:02:13 PM »

I dont think u followed the context in which the comment was posted. Toxy, do u eat bacon?
follow the arrows

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2006, 08:10:52 PM »
Toxy, do u eat bacon?

nope...hate the taste..although i'l eat pepperoni pizza if offered..i wont go out n buy it..

and i hardly eat chicken..it has to be a certain way..thats the only way i'll eat it

i dont do sea food either ..only lobste tail with wine..

i just dont do smelly food..hense i HATE garlic..HATE it with a passion..partly why i quit hosting at the italian resturants i used to...

only way i eat chicken..
chicken strips dipped in wing sauce
sometimes wings
boneless chicken cooked over a skewer (chicken tikka)!

i have a lot of greek friends and i've grown to detest lamb also  :( the way the greeks prepare it EXACTLY the way us pakis prepare it..all smelly like..ick..

ok..i'm a VERy picky eater..no wonder i'm skinny  :-\
carpe` vaginum!

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2006, 08:13:31 PM »
Now you're gonna tell me u like drinking soy milk  :'(
follow the arrows

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )