Author Topic: God of Christianity vs. God of Islam  (Read 5938 times)

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
God of Christianity vs. God of Islam
« on: April 18, 2006, 11:43:42 AM »
The god of Islam and the god of Christianity are not the same.

"The Koran asserts that the god of Islam is the God  of Christians and Jews (Sura 29:46). Nothing could be farther from the truth.7

The god of Islam, Allah, is most definitely not the God of the Bible. Allah is presented in the Koran as an autocratic ruler who is aloof and arbitrary (Sura 5:40). Allah is unknow­able whereas the God of the Bible is knowable (2 Timothy 1:12). Allah is impersonal, unlike the personal God the Scriptures reveal (1 Peter 5:6-7). Allah is unitarian (Sura 4:48) whereas the God of the Bible is trinitarian (2 Corinthians 13:14). Here is what the Koran says about the God of the Bible (Sura 4:171): “Believe in Allah and say not ‘Trinity.’ Cease! It is better for you! Allah is only One God. Far is it removed from his transcendent majesty that he should have a son.”

Allah is capricious (Sura 2:284), whereas the true God is trustworthy. And Allah is never anywhere presented as a god of love — which is the essence of the nature of the true God (1 John 4:7-16).

Jesus — The Koran denies point blank that Jesus was the Son of God (Sura 112:2-3). It also denies His atoning sacrifice by claiming that he never died (Sura 4:157). A substitute died for Him on the Cross. Jesus was translated to Heaven, like Enoch, where He will remain until He returns to kill all pigs, destroy all crosses, and convert the world to Islam. Jesus will marry, reign for 40 years and then die and be buried next to Muhammad in Medina.8 Jesus is characterized in the Koran as nothing more than “an apostle of Allah” (Sura 4:171).

Sin — There is no concept of sin in Islam and therefore no need for forgiveness. Shame replaces sin. Everything is a matter of honor verses dishonor.9 In the Muslim view, man does not need redemption, he only needs some guidance so that he might develop the inherently pure nature with which the Creator has endowed him. If he will be faithful in his prayers, almsgiving and fasting, God is likely to overlook his failures and usher him into Paradise.10"

http://www.lamblion.com/New08.php

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: God of Christianity vs. God of Islam
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 11:49:24 AM »
o dear...

here we go ...

but he's right..the muslims do not believe that jesus ws son of god..they say he ws just another prophet..like mohammed..
carpe` vaginum!

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 11:52:08 AM »

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 11:55:23 AM »
And Mohommad turned Islam into a hostile religion when he was rejected as a prophet and apostle by the Jews and Christians.

"Sura 5:51 commands Muslims not to take Jews and Christians as friends.

Sura 9:29 commands Muslims to fight against Jews and Christians until they either submit to Allah or else agree to pay a special tax.

Sura 2:65-66 and Sura 5:60 contain references to Jews as “apes and swine to be despised and rejected.” (Think of that! You can be sure that such a statement did not come from the true God of this universe who selected the Jews to be His Chosen People.)"

http://www.lamblion.com/New08.php

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 12:07:03 PM »
Ps before ya read any further..i haven't actually read the quran soo...i'm going on what i ws taught

commands Muslims not to take Jews and Christians as friends.

really...i grew up in a muslim family and i ws taught that the only religions i ws allowed to marry into other than islam were christanity and judaism

commands Muslims to fight against Jews and Christians until they either submit to Allah or else agree to pay a special tax.

again..surprise to me..i ws taught growing up that it ws sin to force anyone to convert..and to lead by example etc etc..

the taxes..hmm thought part of a muslim salary HAS to go towards charity but that cant be imposed onto others...

now the reason i'm coming kinda sorta to the rescue here is i happen to be from a muslim family..

carpe` vaginum!

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 12:13:06 PM »
Sounds like you had some good parents.  WTF happened?   ;D

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 12:20:01 PM »
Sounds like you had some good parents.  WTF happened?   ;D

i got sick of their hippie "be nice to everyone even if they r mean to you" crap... >:(

nah seriously..the more physics and science i learned  the more the concept of god sounded wishywashy..now i'm not saying i'll stay athiest forever..i dont know that...i'm still learning..
carpe` vaginum!

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 12:53:45 PM »
I'll get back to this thread later, u're gettin me excited  ;D
follow the arrows

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 01:04:34 PM »
I'll get back to this thread later, u're gettin me excited  ;D

rub one off bro... :D
carpe` vaginum!

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2006, 02:12:39 PM »
Wow, that article must have atleast 20 inaccuracies right off the bat, but Im not gonna go chasing those.
but I'm gonna say this, both Muslims and Christians believe that there is only ONE God..This comes from the basic Abrahamic message known as "tawhid" in Islam, which means "The Oneness of God".
The difference in belief is in the concept of God, namely the Trinity vs the Unitarian belief. Frankly speaking, it is the christians who really cahnged this concept, since there is no mention of a trinity in the Old testament, hence the jews pray to "God" only, and not to a trinitarian diety.
The rest of the argument is purely semantic and doesnt make any sense because you can reference God in a million ways in different languages, so I dont see what the fuss is abt there.
follow the arrows

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2006, 08:42:28 AM »
Atleast the Muslims are right about Jesus.